UK theme parks from another point of view!

DiogoJ42

Re: RCT Quick Questions

Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:51 pm

[quote="andymw"]I'm using Vista [quote]
Well there's your problem! :P

The chances are you have put them in the wrong folder. some sets need to have files put into more than one folder (but most don't.)
Of course, sometimes you just get a corrupt file. RCT3 is VERY tetchy!

andymw
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:01 pm

i know vistas crap, came with the laptop, just tried it on xp sp2 compatability but all i got was a white screen!
If I had a signature it would be delayed just like the smiler

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:38 pm

I have been without RCT 3 (Soaked + Wild) for ages now and plan on installing it on my Laptop so my quick questions are:

Are there any real problems with running it on Vista or 7 (might be upgrading the laptop after installing the game)

Are the screen resolutions appropriate for Laptops? (1366x768) Or at least won't distort it too bad.

I have seen the custom designed rides that other people have made and apparently there is an official software to make them but I can't seem to find it (people keep referring to CTRs).

I think that’s all my questions.

kezward30
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:30 pm

If i was to get the soaked expansion pack do i load on to rollercoaster tycoon 3? if you understand me then your a better person than me! :D

DiogoJ42

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:31 pm

To use Soaked or Wild you must first install RCT3, then install the add-on-packs as well.

A5H

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Is it possible for me to install RCT3 onto a USB Stick and then inserting it into the laptop whenever i want to play it :?
My laptop is wrecked :( and so i can only use mums or dads laptops :( However they wont let me install RCT3 on theirs :(
So I wannt to know if I can install it on a USB stick and then play it off there once plugged into one of their laptops :)

Anyone know?
Last edited by A5H on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam-urai
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I think you will be able to do it by and external hard drive or memory-stick by when installing it make the destination folder when you install it the external hard drive or the stick. Then just plug that into your mum or dads laptop put the disc in and you are away.

If you have any questions just ask me.

Thanks
Sam
Please visit Merlin Mania - [url=http://www.merlinmania.com/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.merlinmania.com/[/url]

teaves17
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Downloaded the InstantWood

Put all the files in the right places. But when i go to use it in the game, i get an error message, and i have to click OK 78 times.

If anyone can help please :cry:

AdamJ

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 pm

^It could be a corrupt file, best bet is to re-download and re-install it.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Is it possible to have a flying coaster with a medium Zero-G Roll (fly to lie to fly)?

I’m attempting to create a CTR of the flying coaster to solve the problem I have with my game and also build a design that the current track selections won’t allow. I was hoping to use a Zero-G roll but I think the only version I can use is on the extended coaster (lie to fly to lie).

Any suggestions?

MattH

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:29 pm

i could see a flying one being able to do one, as i know a lay-down coaster does one (its backwards theory, think of it ;))

DiogoJ42

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:06 pm

SERIOUS PROBLEM ALERT!

Followers of Blithering Lodge may remember that I had to abandon the original park because it kept crashing.

Well guess what? It's happening again. At the same point in the park's timeline: 2001 / year 17.

There is no obvious reason. It seems to be caused by nothing more than playing the game. At some point in the end of May, year 17, the game suddenly crashes to the desktop.

I have never trusted my games PC. It is the most unstable, temperamental, tetchy thing I have ever owned. I have a theory that it may be the PC rather than the game.
Sadly my other PCs don't have the power to run RCT3, so I can't simply try it on another machine.

I've been thinking of getting a new PC for a while, but up till now I was thinking of leaving it until Blithering Lodge was finished, just incase something went wrong transferring things over.
Now I'm thinking I may as well just get one and go for broke... it's gotta be worth a try.

At least this time I have multiple saves (start of every year) so not all is lost. :no:

I'm open to any ideas people may have as to what could be causing these crashes. I may try and start a new Blithering Lodge from year 1, leave it running for 17 years and see what happens.

Any thoughts? [-o<

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm

I've been thinking that it could be a few things but none explain it crashing twice at Year 17, maybe it could just be a coincidence.

Is RCT fully updated to the latest version? Maybe try uninstalling RCT and see if the issue continues.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Here’s an idea.

Can you save the park in the “Parks folder” and open it up in “Custom Scenarios”.
Then reset the start date or place the date later than May year 17.

I have a park that is beyond that date so the problem isn't likely to be an in game glitch.

It’s a long shot suggestion but it could work. I know that I played a game when I was younger that would crash around 1,000 people because the number program kept failing.

DiogoJ42

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm currently running the 'empty' (no rides yet) Blithering Lodge in fast forward to see if it's a error in the original park.

I like your idea of turning it into a custom scenario, Nightfall. Am I right in thinking this would remove my control over day and night? Just as well I've done all my dark rides, I guess! :P

When this experiment is done I shall give that a try.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 pm

It will remove the opening times so the game is played 24 hours a day! (Wow I wish Alton would try that). But if it passes the test you can probably reopen it as a sandbox park. (You might need to check the sandbox settings haven’t been reset).

Wish I could give you a programming solution but I would probably damage the game more than helping it. 8-[

DiogoJ42

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:17 pm

I believe its possible to set the opening times when you create a scenario.

... it had better be, because the park is totally unplayable at night time! About one frame every four seconds!

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Ah so I’m not the only one getting that problem. Have you turned Bloom off? (I think that might be the course on my machine).

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Is there a way to reset the year timer, that may solve your woes?

I know it was possible on RCT2...

DiogoJ42

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:20 am

Right, I think I may have found a solution.

The empty park did not crash. I ran it well into year 18 and it was fine.

I tried Nightfall's idea of opening it in the scenario editor and resetting the year. I let it run for a while and all was good, so I saved it and re-opened the park in sandbox.

It crashed again.

But it seemed to work fine in the editor, so that's where I'm playing it now! I've played it up to year 19 so far without a crash.

Fingers crossed!