UK theme parks from another point of view!

teaves17
TT Member
TT Member

Re: RCT Quick Questions

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Been able to run RCT3 on this PC fine (Pretty Old - until I save the money for a new one).

However, today it doesn't want to load, I am running on XP - the CPU runs at 100% for a few seconds and then gives up.

I was playing on it fine yesterday - Any ideas? [-o<

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Anyone know how to get RCT3 to work/install properly on Vista?
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:16 pm

"Gloomy Dude" wrote:
Anyone know how to get RCT3 to work/install properly on Vista?

I’m on Vista and I didn't have any installation problems (not with RCT3 anyway). Do you have any idea what the problem is? (ex. screen blanking out, failing to read disk...)
ImageImage

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Well, general buggery to be honest. My girlfriend and I are both on Vista. On my laptop (which would be too slow and crap to run it anyway), it installed, but when I played, the screen was so dark (almost totally black) so it was unplayable. Couldn't change the settings or anything.

And on Meg's laptop (which is good quality), it just totally freaked out when we tried to install it. Could scarcely open the disk drive to get it out.
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Benedique
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:19 pm

I had this problem! i tried for Months to get RCT3 to work on Vista! Then in Game (The shop) my boyfriend managed to find a copy of RCT3 which said on the front 'compatible with Vista' so he bought it and i installed it for it to work first time without any problems :)!

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Well I’m also on a Laptop but mine is only half a year old, with an ATI graphics card (they sponsor the game so might have better compatibility). I did find that I needed to install the add-on before I could change the screen settings but that sounds different to your problem.
ImageImage

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:25 pm

"Dominique" wrote:
I had this problem! i tried for Months to get RCT3 to work on Vista! Then in Game (The shop) my boyfriend managed to find a copy of RCT3 which said on the front 'compatible with Vista' so he bought it and i installed it for it to work first time without any problems :)!

I'll have a look around for this. It only seems to be a tenner most places now anyway :)

MattH

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:31 pm

im using vista and am not having any problems, and i dont think mine said it was compatible with vista, but oh well :P

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 pm

I really hate RCT3. I bought a new copy today (as suggested above, one which claims to be Vista compatible). Thwacked it in, installed it, tried to run it only to be confronted with the error:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:Program FilesAtariRollerCoaster Tycoon 3RCT3.exe

abnormal program termination

Also, the disk drive won't open now. I've been rummaging through the Atari forums for a solution/fix, but to no avail. It seems to be suggested this has something to do with having a Duo Core processor (which to be honest, I had no idea we had, or what that in fact means). It's a relatively speaking, rather new Toshiba laptop with an Intel Centrino processor.

Has anyone come across this/know how to fix it?

I'm not optimistic though to be honest :(

The world was simpler with XP.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Hello, yes, im pretty sure this is to do with the fact you have a multicore processor and nothing Vista related. (duo core basicly means 2 physical processors inside your pc)

What version of RCT3 are you using? (eg normal, or platinum) and also the first thing to do before you add any fix for the dual core would be to make sure your game is fully up to date, not to see if it works, just so its fully up to date.

A5H

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:21 pm

"Gloomy Dude" wrote:
I really hate RCT3. I bought a new copy today (as suggested above, one which claims to be Vista compatible). Thwacked it in, installed it, tried to run it only to be confronted with the error:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:Program FilesAtariRollerCoaster Tycoon 3RCT3.exe

abnormal program termination

Also, the disk drive won't open now. I've been rummaging through the Atari forums for a solution/fix, but to no avail. It seems to be suggested this has something to do with having a Duo Core processor (which to be honest, I had no idea we had, or what that in fact means). It's a relatively speaking, rather new Toshiba laptop with an Intel Centrino processor.

Has anyone come across this/know how to fix it?

I'm not optimistic though to be honest :(

The world was simpler with XP.

I have had the same version of RCT3 for about 4 years now and worked on XP and Vista :? Are you sure your computer is compatible with this? as my computer used to do this and then i had to get a better graphics card for my computer :)

andymw
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:38 pm

I am also using Vista and a laptop, but my copy is a laptop version, (small disc)
The only problem i am having at the moment is trying to get scenery intersecting with paths etc...
If I had a signature it would be delayed just like the smiler

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:24 pm

"andymw" wrote:
The only problem i am having at the moment is trying to get scenery intersecting with paths etc...

Any in game scenery can't be placed on the same area of land as a path. That has deliberately been programmed as part of the game and is not a software error. (If there is a way round it then that would be quite a useful piece of information).

I’m hoping someone can help you Gloomy Dude but I’m not too good with comparing operating systems ect. and that’s what this problem sounds like.
ImageImage

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Yes Nightfall, custom scenery generally doesnt have collision maps, allowing you to literally place the scenery anywhere.

teaves17
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Im looking at getting a 15" MacBook Pro. How does RCT3 run on it?

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Is there anywhere I can find the sound effects for the RCT rides? I’m trying to find sound to add to a POV. (Most recent ride in March Gardens)
ImageImage

MattH

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:33 pm

best way of terraforming around a bobsleigh track, would it be after or before creating the track?

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:10 pm

"GothicAngel" wrote:
best way of terraforming around a bobsleigh track, would it be after or before creating the track?
I would suggest doing them at the same time. If you do it before then chances are the manual terrain cutter from wild ( :x ) will cut big holes in the landscape. So make a basic terra-form before then move the land closer as you place each section of track. It's really hard to alter the land once the tracks in place because the automatic collision detection will stop it.

Hope that wasn't to confusing.
ImageImage

MattH

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:22 pm

thats understandable, ive never really been good at terraforming though :(

gotta learn at some point though :P

Thorpefandan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 pm

I've just downloaded a CTR ( johnny ears eurofighter) but, whenever I place a price of track from it the game just crashes. Is there a way to get round this, or will I not be able to use CTR's.
It\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bobs radio show.