UK theme parks from another point of view!

A5H

Coven Theme Park - Fire breaks out at food court !!!

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Coven Theme Park is a new, small theme park which has been set up over the last 2 years. It has finally opened with a number of thrill rides, gentle rides and Roller Coasters. Today I visited the theme park for the opening day to get some pictures to present to you guys :)
During my visit i did bump into the CEO of Coven Theme Park, Mr Riley. I asked whether i could go "beyond the limits" to get some pictutres and he actually agreeed and took me up into the top of the chain hill for the "Mini Beast".
These are only a small number of images, so I intend to visit again either this season or next season for an update.
I may be applying to work there next season, in which case depnding on my job I may get some amazing pictures :D

The New Disney On Ice Show

The Disney Emporium Entrance

The view from the entrance of the theme park

Rotex the new flat thrill ride

The top of the chain hill view looking down on the entrance area

A view of the entrance to Corkie

So much potential for the future !!!

Muskrat Marsh Expedition (Fast Food Court)

Cyclone

The Bounty Hunter

That's all for now, but i will be visiting again soon. What do you guys think? :)
Last edited by A5H on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member

Re: RCT3 Park : Coven Theme Park

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:37 pm

This is looking great so far, keep up the good work!!! :D

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Looks nice, love the greenery around the flat rides. :D

A5H

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Quick Update... Its Mid-Summer now at Coven Theme Park and i have visited again, now nothing has changed much apart from this...

Its near the observation tower and there is quite a bit of space there... However unfortunately my camera died before i could get any more pictures, this was my last visit for this season, so I will post some new images next season !!!

---- Post Info Added ----

OK, so Coven Theme Park is ready for its second season. Last season wasn't the busiest, however what can you expect with a new theme park with no reputation. Over recent weeks there has been a lot of work going on at the park and I haven't been able to get inside to take a look. However one day i was able to catch Mr.Riley again before he went into the park and he said that on the opening day for the 2nd season, i could go into the park 2 hours prior to opening time.
Here is exactly what has taken place over the winter and some more images.

The rain was coming when i first got there, but here is a picture of Corkie being tested ready for arrivals of park visitors.

Reese's Candy Pots is a new spinning cup style ride which has been added next to Corkie to replace the ferris wheel, which was not a success atall with park guests.

The view of Disney Emporium from the exit of Corkie, nothing has changed here over the winter.

A view over the rest of the park, notice the flames in the distance?

Ahh! the new entrance to the industrial themed area of the park. Very nicely done !!

Mechano is the new double swinging inverter which is the first ride you see when approaching the new area.

Apocalypto, the new £12million rollercoaster similar to Oblivion at Alton Towers, however this drops into a small insutrial tunnel rather than underground.

The industrial Flume is a simple double drop Flume, however once leaving the themed shed for the first drop you get a rather wet surprise...

(I got to go around the back of the ride for this picture) ... two large water tubes spray water down shortly after the drop. Soaking all riders completely.

The stalls aren't brillian. However they do sell some nice drinks, snacks and souvenirs

The toilet shed. Not brilliantly themed tbh, but better than nothing !!

The second exit. Currently closed up completely as the exit leads on to nothing, but this clearly shows that there are plans to exit this area onto another area in the future... Next season perhaps?

The season began with a bang, i seen Mr.Riley around the park during the day and he said the gates say that over 3,000 more visitors have came to the park today than they did on opening day last year which was pretty busy.
I'm sure to visit the park again this year seein as my friend can drive now so i'll get him to take me more often.
(I didn't get accepted for a job however, too young atm, maybe next year)
See you all again soon !!!

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Coven Theme Park - Season 2 Updated Pictures !!!

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Looking good A5H :)

Any hints on whats next?
Since April 2008

A5H

Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 pm

No Idea im afraid.
No signs of anything atall being developed beyond this area. A hell of a lot of room though, this could lead to bigger and better things for the park :D

DiogoJ42

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:17 am

Great use of the Industrial Age scenery there, dude! keep it up!

A5H

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Devestating news !!
Today my friend was at Coven Theme Park when alarms began to sounds across the park, staff were urging all visitors to head across towards Corkie and gather in small groups.
At the time of this my friend was on Apocalypto, and by the time he got off and started heading towards Corkie, this is what he seen...

Unfortunately The Muskrat Marsh Exhibition Dinner Hall had been set on fire. It is believed that the fire started from the frying machines which cooked all the fast food, apparently flames just burst out of the hot oil and within minutes had took over the entire hall.
Fortunately not a single person was seriously injured, however a couple of staff are being treated for inhaling too much smoke.

More information on this when i visit hopefully tomorrow.