UK theme parks from another point of view!

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

No Limits 2

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:21 pm

For anyone who is interested, No Limits 2 development is well under way! According to their blog it can be expected towards the end of 2010 so long as they can keep up the pace.

They have recently posted the first screenshots of the track over Easter.

They also released a video in July last year, previewing a walk-mode. It also shows off some weather effects. The link can be found here.

If you want to follow the news updates, they can be found here!

All very exciting, I'm sure I will be purchasing this, can't wait! :)

Big Dave

Re: No Limits 2

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:48 pm

John Wardley commented on this on Th13teen opening day and was going into detail. I wonder if hes working with the programmer or simply has a beta release version? Either way I really hope they would hurry up as I love this program/game. I just hope they dont go too over the top with scenery and spend more time making the actual ride itself look good.

Cheese

Sun May 09, 2010 8:19 pm

This is definitely something I'll be loking into when it's released. I've not tried NoLimits but RCT3 is all about the rides to me, and I hate its sectional track system with horrible short transition blocks :evil: .

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Tue May 11, 2010 1:11 pm

The big question is, will they include people to ride the rides once they're built? Like RCT. I don't build but I like running the rides and it would be great if they include people to ride.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Judging by those screenshots it looks pretty much the same as NL1...

Needless to say I'll still buy it when it comes out, but still... It hardly looks "Next Gen"! :| Hoping for some decent coasters on there. Hopefully a Mack Launched Mega Coaster, B&M Dive and Flyers etc! :D

Also, the video. I wonder if rain will work realistically in terms of the coaster, causing it to increase in speed.
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Knowing NL, if they put guests in the game, they'd model the ride to obey the different physics corresponding to the number of people on the train. I would also think that the weather will be accurately replicated too!

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Just read up a bit about it. There will be an inclusion of switch tracks and apparently they're highly customisable! So... I guess you could make Th13teen! :D
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:49 pm

I just hope that you can build underground, without the ground getting in the way...I know it sounds silly, but If they included a B&M Dive Coaster, and you could build underground it would be great...I think I know what rollercoaster i'll be building... :P
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

I'd like to see an Arrow Swinging Suspended added! They would be a lot of fun to make and ride!

I'd also want to see a 'tunnel test' markup in the editor so you can actively edit any problems which may occur in a tunnel test. I'd love to see a switch back feature added, especially if you were able to customise, drop sequences, direction and other things like that, hopefully it will not be restricted.

Little things like building underground without having to use 3Ds to make it look realistic would also be a useful feature. I'd also like to see a much wider variety of ride types available to use, such as multi dimension, free fly and flying! Which is what I think it currently really lacks.

Great to see version two is well under away though! :D

Blaze

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Switch feature is confimed, although no mention of whether it will allow Thirteen style switches or just transfer track witches for maintainance areas.

Also, it is confirmed you can go underground properly in NL2 :D

Also, the sim and editor have been combined into some kin dof what you see is what you get thing, which sounds great, and you can walk around and even on objects :D

There is going to be some kind of built in FVD/AHG/Newton thing in the editor, to make it easier to build good tracks and tracks are supposed to be a lot smoother in NL2 :D

If all goes well it will be out late this year, so I am really looking forward to it.

Hopefully they will do a new Wood Magic that buids supports properly with edited terrain.

starbugger1303
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 pm

If you had a previous version of NL would you be able to update it for free like the previous versions?

Blaze

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:12 pm

No, we're going to have to pay again.

Blaze

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:21 pm

I give you...Dive Machines and tunnels!

[url=http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news[/url]

=P~

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm

My goodness that looks hawt! :D

The detail is incredible! I wonder if the train's splash funnels work when the track is placed in the appropriate place in the simulator? :D That would be awesome.

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks for the link- those screen shots are simply flawless!
I have always loved playing NoLimits, and now it's getting more "real" than ever! Lets hope they are on track that release date of late this year...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blaze

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:42 pm

I doubt ther splashdowns will work, but it's possible.

Im interested in the greater customisation of the tracks the two sets of screenshots show are possible.

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Nolimits update

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Wow a zombie shooter rollercoaster game. Checking the website every day for the past 6 months has really paid off!

[url=http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news&newsentry=20110401011446#news20110401011446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php ... 0401011446[/url]

:^o

---- Post Info Added ----

..on the plus side the trains look ULTRA photo realistic. :lol:
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nolimits update

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:13 pm

April Fools!

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.

Blaze

Re: Nolimits update

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Love how they've shown off all the developments within the zombie shots. I love that aged Vekoma track. :clap:

PS please merge into NL2 topic.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Old topic bump alert!

No Limits have posted an update, quoted from the No Limits site for those, who, like me, are lazy [url=http://nolimitscoaster.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://nolimitscoaster.de[/url]
Every year it is called April Fools' Day with good reason. From the E-mails we got at least some people believed in our Ride For Your Life Zombie Horror shooter joke. Some people even asked if we could add a switch for disabling the zombies to prevent smaller children from getting scared. Do not worry, we were only joking and will stick to simulating coasters only. All the zombies and gore were photoshopped by Kevin and were absolutely fake. Okay, hopefully all the confusion is cleared up now, let's talk about the real NL2. We are working hard on it. Still lots of fundamental features such as supports and track decoration are not finished yet, but it is becoming more usable almost every day. Some people might have noticed the rusty worn out rails in the zombie pictures. Those were not fake and instead are a real option inside the program. There is the choice between multiple levels of wearout and also an option for white stripes on the rails. Those stripes can be found on some recent coasters made by specific manufacturers. If I remember correctly they are added to reduce friction and to increase the lifespan of the wheels, please tell me if I am wrong. In NL2 they can be assigned to any coasterstyle.

Also there are additional track options like larger boxes found on high stress areas on taller hyper coasters. The left screenshots also show a new coasterstyle not shown before called the rocket launch coaster. Each car can now have an individual color setup. Now back to work.[ol]

Lookin' gooooooooood!