UK theme parks from another point of view!

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:55 pm

A couple of weeks back I posted an example of custom scenery that I had managed to make based around Thirteens entrance sign. Since I now have some time on hand I’m going to be expanding the objects into a proper set which can be made downloadable when complete.

The set will be in two halves:
Th13teen, a selection of objects found around the Dark Forest.
Branches, a matching set including vine architecture. This part of the set will have more general use.

So far the set includes the following items:

Entrance pillars:
    - Th13teens, unbroken, turrets and angels (A mix between the wraiths and the end or ride angels)
    The pillars on the left hand side of the image are re-colourable.

Metal frame
    Billboard
    - Green background and Billboard background
    Windows (not shown in the image above)
    Van
    - Containing a billboard with crashed and un-crashed versions.

I’m looking for a few more suggestions but the next part of this set will be branches wrapping around the Entrance pillars.

The image below is work in progress. There are several visual glitches caused by the crashed Van which I’m hoping to fix.

And just for fun each of the items from the Th13teen set have a subtle difference to how they appear in reality. Feel free to have a guess for each one :-k

Any comments or advice for what I should do with this set?
Last edited by Nightfall on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

DiogoJ42

Re: RCT3 Scenery: Branches and Th13teen

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 pm

"Nightfall" wrote:

Put in on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square, and let the masses worship it?

- The angels are cool, but pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssssssee make some proper wraiths! [-o<

- Will the branches set include the massive tree on the station building? :?

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 pm

"DiogoJ42"&quot;][quote=&quot;"Nightfall" wrote:

- Will the branches set include the massive tree on the station building? :?[/quote]
Funny you should mention the tree as the next piece I’m working on is a big tree inspired by your Skitzo Squirrel :wink:

I’m not quite sure how to describe the branches set until I can get some pictures of it. However I could make a half tree with a Wraith on it. to link with the Th13teen part. Unfortunately it'll have to be a wraith statue.

I wanted to make a wraith entertainer (the pumpkin guy but swapped with the wraith outfit), pity nobody’s made a Custom Entertainer Creator.
ImageImage

DiogoJ42

Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Custom entertainers? Man that would be awesome!

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm currently working on a Wraith statue (the one in the tree) so if you feel I should make one standing in a different pose then put a link to your favourite picture :wink:

Hollow tree

The image below is a test of a large Hollow tree for Vertical drop rides. This is a test piece so the shape of the base is just to test the 95 degree drop and will eventually look more like a tree.

If it works I’m going to make another tree for drop towers (needs to be slightly wider). Then it can be part of the Branch set or a set on its own.
ImageImage

DiogoJ42

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Oooh! that's impressive!
can't wait to see the straight version... (please understand that if I ever get Blithering Lodge working again, This has to go on Skitzo Squirrel! :P )

Blaze

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Do it!

Epic tree, great, great set.

Top work :D

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Version 1 of the Hollow Tree is finished :boogy:

The Eurofighter above is one of luke's CTRs

There are 6 pieces:
    Base/Roots
    Trunk height 1
    Trunk height 4
    Critter hole (inspired by Skitzo Squirrel) :P
    Head Chopper (branch)

Now I need some help.
Firstly I need a few people to test the models so that I know they work on different machines. To do this I’ve put a temporary link to the scenery folder below. The file called "Nightfall_Hollow_Tree" needs to be extracted from the zipped format and placed in the Style/Themed section of the Roller coaster tycoon 3 directory. (The same as with any custom scenery you would download normally).
Version one of the Hollow Tree set
In game it appears as a group of scenery objects under general theme.

Secondly I want to make this set downloadable as well as the Branches and Th13teen set once they are complete. The link above is only temporary and because I only downloaded my first custom content at the start of this year I feel a bit out of my depth. :oops:
I’m guessing the best method is to create an account on a site like “vodhins” and upload them on to there :?
Last edited by Nightfall on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:31 pm

:clap: Absolutely brilliant. I would love to see more
of your branch work but the Thirteen scenery is
really good.

I'm somewhat surprised that there hasn't been some custom entertainers made, I'm sure a few
of us would be interested in some medieval knights etc :P

Edit: just seen the new finished hollow tree and it looks
fantastic, will have to make a Eurofighter now! Alas I cannot test it as my pc is not set up; writing this on my iPod.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Just a quick update as I’m without internet for the weekend.

After seeing Imaginer Johns Epic Th13teen recreation I'm going to put the station tree model on hold for a bit and just concentrate on the Entrance and Branches. (So to answer your original question Diogo I would make the tree but I’ve been out modelled)

So here’s the finished model of the Vine Van (and a test wraith)

And from the back

The Van is inserted one layer into the ground which is why there is a little rim around the edge, where the scenery item and terrain meet. For some reason I can't make the two exactly the same :? But it disappears when you zoom out.
The Van does have a very high Polygon count but I have been taught a good way to reduce it, as well as smoothing out a few edges :)
ImageImage

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:42 am

I have had a couple of requests asking if they can download the Th13teen part of the set. So I have made a test version that contains most of the models shown above :o

Please Note:
This is a test set
When the full set is released this set will not be updated automatically updated and will remain as a separate set.
Some models have high polygon count. That was my mistake and I’m working to fix it :oops: . As such please do not download if you’re using a machine that struggles with small parks. I don't want to be the one who causes it to crash.

[s:2go3dr21]The download can be found here[/s:2go3dr21] New link next page
It will need to be saved to any location on the computer and un-zipped. The folder inside "Nightfall_Th13teen_Entrance_test" can then be copied into the Styles/Themed folder of your RCT3 directory. It's the same place as all other custom scenery.
In game the theme appears under the Spooky category.

As this is just a test set I would be really grateful for any feedback. Any ideas for additions would be excellent and if anything has a strange name or could be better then please say. If there is any game play problems send me a PM as it might take more than one post to solve.
Sorry for double posting
Last edited by Nightfall on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

JoshM

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:51 am

[url=http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=6394&page=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=6394&page=3[/url] - you're on the Atari forums as well! :shock:

Leighton123
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:48 am

As JoshMillward has said, someone over on Atari Forums has stolen your set and is claiming it as their own. I've told the members over there that it is stolen too. Freaking thieving buggers :evil:
Enjoy today, look forward to tomorrow, remember yesterday.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Thank you both for informing me. I have trouble following the Atari forum so I’m not a member on there.

I happen to have Reecerave email as he has already sent me a message asking if he could help work on the Th13teen set. However i did not say he could claim it as his own. As you have already noticed the picture is an edited one from above and not the same as the object in the test set.

If anyone who has an account on the Atari forum then can you make it known that this is only meant to be a test set. I will keep an eye on the Atari thread to see what happens (hopefully they’ll be some good feedback :) )
ImageImage

JoshM

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 pm

"Nightfall" wrote:
Thank you both for informing me. I have trouble following the Atari forum so I’m not a member on there.

I happen to have Reecerave email as he has already sent me a message asking if he could help work on the Th13teen set. However i did not say he could claim it as his own. As you have already noticed the picture is an edited one from above and not the same as the object in the test set.

If anyone who has an account on the Atari forum then can you make it known that this is only meant to be a test set. I will keep an eye on the Atari thread to see what happens (hopefully they’ll be some good feedback :) )

I'll tell him on the Atari forums via PM.

JAMMYD777
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Nightfall, I was just wondering if you could re-upload your scenery set because the link seems to be broken.
Please reply.
Thanks

JAMMYD777 [-o<

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Sure I can but I’m not sure why the link broke.
Here it is again:
New link to the Th13teen Entrance set download

When the set is finished I will put a proper link from a site like Vodhins (which is down at the moment :( ) but this will do, for now.
ImageImage

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:44 pm

The Hollow Tree set is now complete and available at Vodhin's :D/

"Nightfall" wrote:
If you already downloaded the beta set from TowersTimes the final version has been remodelled in Blender and now includes 1/4 tile placing and the Small Base.
Finding a way to convert the set onto Blender has taken several months. Now I've learnt how I should be able to continue with my other RCT projects.
ImageImage

MattH

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:57 pm

wow... vodhin commented on it! win!

Oh, and it looks superb, congrats! :clap:

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 pm

Nightfall that is absolutely superb, congratulations! And thanks for making it available! I'm currently working on a Robin Hood-themed Eurofighter and this is likely to fit perfectly.

I'm also looking forward to the return of March Gardens :D

EDIT: Gah! Vodhin's site is down again! :(