UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 am

Hi DrReeve

That's my original version that I moved over after Vodhin's site closed down. By the better more official looking one do you mean this:

http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1391

They're both mine (with Fredward's assistance on the second) but the second one is the more recent version. I can't edit the old one though as it was posted before you had to have an account (hence why it says guest) so it's uneditable.

Parallax also has a wingrider on there based on X-Flight but that's something completely different.
ImageImage
 
User avatar
Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 157
Joined: March 2010

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Nightfall, could you possibly post some tutorials on how to get stuff from generic modelling program X into RCT3?
I'm quite experienced in texturing and modelling, and think it would be quite interesting to see if I could conjure up something for this.
Image
 
User avatar
BowMan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 34
Joined: May 2012
Location: Driving the monorail...

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:52 pm

I don't know how you do this! I've tried making things in Sketchup and places but there's no way I could do something like this.
I know it sounds pushy but I do have a request but please don't do it if you have other plans. I'd love an ABC style drop tower similar to Sub-Terra or Extremis. You know, up to the top, waits, drops suddenly. It'd be great to have a top-loading one as well but please only do this is you want to.  :D
Image
Image Thanks to Lewis97
 
User avatar
Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 424
Joined: March 2012
Location: North London

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Where did the panel project go?

Also nightfall you must have a super computer :D
Image
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Sorry for not noticing the reply's, Busy couple of days, but It's nice to see all the comments  :)

Instant Mix wrote:
Nightfall, could you possibly post some tutorials on how to get stuff from generic modelling program X into RCT3?
I'm quite experienced in texturing and modelling, and think it would be quite interesting to see if I could conjure up something for this.

You're in luck. It's not a full tutorial but I wrote a guide a little while ago:

RCT3 cheats, tips, links and tutorials: Creating Custom Scenery

Just check all the links still work as it might be a bit out of date. I can fill any gaps if you need it.

BowMan wrote:
I don't know how you do this! I've tried making things in Sketchup and places but there's no way I could do something like this.
I know it sounds pushy but I do have a request but please don't do it if you have other plans. I'd love an ABC style drop tower similar to Sub-Terra or Extremis. You know, up to the top, waits, drops suddenly. It'd be great to have a top-loading one as well but please only do this is you want to.  :D

Thanks  :)

Unfortunately I haven't quite worked out how to get working flat rides. But when I do I am tempted to do a Sub-Terra style ride (I had a bizarre idea for a LEGOLAND version with Rock Raiders as the theme).

Rollermad wrote:
Where did the panel project go?

Also nightfall you must have a super computer :D

No super computer, most of it's just done on my laptop :P
but as RCT3 is quite old now it doesn't need to be that super.

As for the panels they haven’t gone anywhere, it was always meant to be a long term project, something I add to whenever I get the chance. Bear in mind that what is shown in the video was in development for a long time before that point and went through several re-designs.
ImageImage
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Well from the moment they announced The Swarm was going backwards I knew it was an opportunity I couldn't miss:

Image

Download Now! < If you have a previous version of the Nightflight the new files override them.
ImageImage
 
User avatar
Boz
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 0
Joined: February 2014
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:50 pm

yet again, more fantastic work Nightfall :clap:
 
User avatar
DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 386
Joined: August 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Nightfall wrote:
Well from the moment they announced The Swarm was going backwards I knew it was an opportunity I couldn't miss:

Image

Download Now! < If you have a previous version of the Nightflight the new files override them.
amazing amazing amazing work
But just one thing would you be and to make it so you could have the swarm ctr and just a Norma wingrider although I love the sting in the tail I would still like to make some gatekeeper styled things
Thanks
Last edited by DrReeve on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image credit to Lewis97
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 pm

All of my previous trains are included with this one. Regular Wingrider, Old (how it should be) Swarm and the backwards one appear as different trains.
ImageImage
 
User avatar
Rocket
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 269
Joined: February 2011
Location: London
Contact:

RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 pm

This may sound weird but when you have the time could you do a backwards normal wingrider train, so I can use it as part of one of my park projects.

Downloading this backwards mod now, looks great!
 
Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 674
Joined: July 2007
Location: Beeston ,Nottingham
Contact:

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 pm

my god with your talent i really wish you would make an Extremis/ABC Drop Tower CFR
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
 
User avatar
RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 621
Joined: April 2012
Location: Bedfordshire, UK

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:04 am

Can you make a Nemesis Inferno CTR? I really need one  :twisted:
Image

Credit to NemesisRider
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:09 pm

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
Can you make a Nemesis Inferno CTR? I really need one  :twisted:

You've already asked me this before, go back one page.

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
my god with your talent i really wish you would make an Extremis/ABC Drop Tower CFR

Likewise I answered this question in the same post as above  ;)

SamJ wrote:
This may sound weird but when you have the time could you do a backwards normal wingrider train, so I can use it as part of one of my park projects.

Downloading this backwards mod now, looks great!


I've had a few requests for this so will have a see what I can do.
ImageImage
 
Toborg123
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 40
Joined: January 2013
Location: Isla Nublar

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Looks good Nighfall, but two questions!
1) Do you have a link to your writing set?
2) Did your amazing Ultimate Train ever get released?
Image
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Toborg123 wrote:
Looks good Nighfall, but two questions!
1) Do you have a link to your writing set?
2) Did your amazing Ultimate Train ever get released?


Sorry for the delayed reply.

1) http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=898

2) Afraid not. I sent it of to Captain for his recreation but the project hasn't gone much further since. Now I think about it I don't think I've seen the recreation since the forum split so that could have had something to do with it.
I'll see about releasing it at some point if the recreation doesn't come back again.
ImageImage
 
User avatar
Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 157
Joined: March 2010

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Nightfall- most of the stuff you mentioned on custom scenery creation links back to Vodhins site- which is down. Slightly not helpful :) Would you be able to update the links at all?
Image
 
User avatar
JMR
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 107
Joined: July 2012
Contact:

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey Nightfall, awesome work!

I was wondering, could you make more CS Billboards?
Few ideas
  • If it's possible, can you make a totally transparent one? So if you use a png with a transparent background, it will also be transparent too. So you can basically create your own shape.
  • Different shaped billboards, to suite different ride logos, entrances and things in between. More sign billboards would be cool or poster billboards that can go on walls.

Thanks for reading Nightfall, continue your great work!  :)
Image
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Instant Mix wrote:
Nightfall- most of the stuff you mentioned on custom scenery creation links back to Vodhins site- which is down. Slightly not helpful :) Would you be able to update the links at all?


Ah, I forgot I made that before the fall of Vodhin's  :?
I'll look into fixing it. In the meantime I suggest typing in the name of what I've called the link and it should give you the same files but on a different site. most of Vodhin's stuff (especially the essentials) were saved.

JMR wrote:
Hey Nightfall, awesome work!

I was wondering, could you make more CS Billboards?
Few ideas
  • If it's possible, can you make a totally transparent one? So if you use a png with a transparent background, it will also be transparent too. So you can basically create your own shape.
  • Different shaped billboards, to suite different ride logos, entrances and things in between. More sign billboards would be cool or poster billboards that can go on walls.

Thanks for reading Nightfall, continue your great work!  :)


I like the first idea. Will give that a try and see if it works but I have a feeling .png Billboards just default to black or white when no colour is given.
As for the second point I do occasionally make some of that stuff although I try not to make it too ride specific otherwise it's only really good for making re-creations. There are plenty already out there though, I think DasMatze's Billboards is the largest collection but most the ones I use come with sets by ShyGuy.
ImageImage
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests