UK theme parks from another point of view!

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Re: RCT3: Nightfalls Stuff

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:50 pm

I love the look of it! Well done!  :D

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 am

I love these. The Deutschland car is my personal favourite, it feels so Lego-y. Well, even more so than the others.

Great work.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking I'll rework the Deutschland Car to create the general car. I think if I curve all the solid edges it'll look a bit like the cars at Alton's Driving School and contrast well with the rest.

In other news I had a request to release one of my older CTR's, my first as it happens.

Nightfire:

This was the ride which was in development for March Gardens. Although I still go back to it from time to time it is obvious the project isn’t nearing completion anytime soon. It's been over a year now so it’s about time I released the CTR.
You might notice this bares a close resembles to my Wingrider. This is because the Wingrider was modelled from this ride, not a lack of creativity on my part :P

Promotional Video

Download Link
Last edited by Nightfall on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

NastyPasty
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Nightfall, why is everything you touch so incredibly beautiful, effortless and radiant?
Keep on whistlin', folks.

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Horray! Maybe I could say that I actually designed it...  :P

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 pm

dominoes wrote:
Horray! Maybe I could say that I actually designed it...  :P

Try it! I'll warn you that this lot will track you down  :P
They did the last time someone claimed one of my pieces of custom content as their own
ImageImage

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Okay okay... but my design was pretty similar...

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Well it must be a good idea then  :D

Also I find it funny how close the design is to Skyrush with the whole half sitting half flowerless idea. But I designed this over a year before Skyrush was announced so in just a few months time we’ll get to see how well the concept works. How cool is that?  8)
ImageImage

coastermaster
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

speaking of the cars what would be nice would be a model t ford or a mabye  a jet that would be so cool

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 pm

coastermaster wrote:
speaking of the cars what would be nice would be a model t ford or a mabye  a jet that would be so cool

Ford’s a good idea. I might use it for inspiration. Pity I can't just use the one already in the game (needs to be off set on the road to work properly). Speaking of which I've just realised half the cars should be driving on the other side of the road  #-o I'll see if I can chance that now.

The Jet idea is also good. I did consider making a load of crazy designs like rockets, hovercraft and stuff like that but I don't have the time to make new models from scratch. Maybe an add-on at a later date?
ImageImage

coastermaster
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:26 pm

thanks you could do a poll to choose one crazy design because all people ever do are cars an never hovercrafts or jets it just nuts

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Just a small update from me. The New Driving School is almost complete. Here is an image of all 6 cars now travelling on the correct sides of the road:

Front Row, Left to Right: Deutschland, General, Billund, Steam
Back Row, Left to Right: California/Florida, Windsor

But the main improvement is that they now have lights:

Note: Some are not displaying the correct colours because RCT can be temperamental like that.

However I might have some bad news. While I was testing this set I tried loading up Fissure Lake to get some screenshots. It refused to load. I’m going to try again when my computers not playing up but there’s a chance the tweaks to this set has caused the park to become corrupt (although why I’m not sure). I do have a backup from before I edited the set so hopefully I can get it working again.
ImageImage

NastyPasty
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:45 pm

If Fissure lake dies I die.

And lovely cars, by the way.
I had some ideas for your miscellaneous CTR set with Rockets etc. I'd love to see some general/multi-purpose cars.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Fortunately I'm at home this weekend and have managed to fix Fissure Lake from my backup files. Nothing has been lost  :D  Now I can get on with releasing the new Driving School.
ImageImage

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 am

Just something I've been working on. I think you can guess what it's for...
ImageImage

DiogoJ42

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:42 pm

:lol: Love it!

NastyPasty
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:48 pm

That looks fantastic! I honestly don't know where you get your designing skills. You should persue the creation of custom content even further; your contributions so far have been made very welcome in the RCT3 community and I would love to see more on a personal basis. The NightFlight is in my top 3 CTRs, I would say.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks again NastyPasty, such high praise  :)

When I get new idea's I just try and make them. The issue normal is that while I would like to be really original and work on my own designs I do like to see them getting used and so keep deciding to re-make real rides instead. I got very lucky with the Nightflight because while everyone was looking for a B&M Wingrider nobody had specified that it had to be a Raptor clone so I got to give it my own design. But I can’t promise anything else new soon due to Uni work, not including the rides I’ve already made but are waiting to be released.
ImageImage

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 pm

In just one weeks time TowersTimes will be celebrating its 10th Birthday. Unfortunately for me I've been lumbered with a run of exams mere days afterwards which means I'll miss the meet and likely the online fun as well. So consider this an early Birthday present as I release my little TTF Tribute. Exactly what it is you’ll have to download it to see ;)

This was originally made for a video clip I submitted for the birthday event. I have no idea if this clip is still being used but if it is consider this a spoiler for anyone who pays attention to the RCT Sub-forum.

The download link is below. Select the file labelled Nightfall_TowersTimes
Once downloaded the unzipped folder needs to be placed in your Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 directory Style/themed
For example:
C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3\Style\Themed
Then head into the game and look through the Objects Folder until you see the TowersTimes logo.

Link to Nightfall_TowersTimes

Enjoy and by all means add this object to your own parks as well. Pics are welcomed.
ImageImage

Poison Tom 96

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 am

Look what you made me do Nightfall :P

It is brilliant in every way and i am loving the driving school as well.