UK theme parks from another point of view!

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

TTF's RCT3 Competition - SKIP TO PAGE 4

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am

Last edited by Pennywise on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Re: TTF's RCT3 Monthly Competition

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:12 am

I get nervous showing my stuff :nervious: . I might so don't count me out. The only problem is that my YouTube account won't sign in any more so I'm pretty stuffed. Perhaps we could have teams? I'm not saying that because then I don't have to do anything, it's just that I'd really like to take part. I have an example land that I made a while back which proves I'm good at RCT3. I don't work so I have pretty much all day every day to work on it (apart from Saturday and Sunday because I have to go out).

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 am

Hmm... I don't really think that teams would work. If it's just YouTube that's causing you problems you could upload it to my YouTube if you want? :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that. I'll have another go at trying to fix it but if it's still buggered I'll send you the videos.

Can we use CTR's?

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 am

Custom Ride Supports? Yes. :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:47 am

No, Custom Tracked Rides. Custom trains or trains from one track put on another.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am

Oh, yeah, sure. Anything goes. :P

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 am

Nice!

I might as well start work on it today then.

Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:11 am

I might as well enter, got nothing to do from now till going back to school so why not? :D Count me in!

MattH

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 am

if i was good enough to make indoor rides etc. id jump at the chance, but alas, im crap at the game, still, (i still like making impossibly high coasters and am crap at terraforming)

so, unless theres one without dark rides, ill not be taking part, lets hope there is one without dark rides :P

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:21 pm

My plans are almost finished and I'll start building in perhaps an hour or two. It's going to be good :woo:

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:34 pm

"GothicAngel" wrote:
so, unless theres one without dark rides, ill not be taking part, lets hope there is one without dark rides :P

Seriously, you can't be any worse at dark rides than me, I'm dreadful at RCT3. :P

Anyway, I've built my main coaster; Shark Lake, currently theming it. :)

---- Post Info Added ----

By the way, as my RCT3 photos / video recording tools don't work (? :() I'll just be taking photos and videos of the screen, therefore other members are also more than welcome to do this. :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 pm

My rides:

Dark Ride: Xibalba - Mayan for 'the Underworld', this multi-million pound dark ride takes you into the depths of the damned. Can you escape or will you too be condemned to eternal suffering?

Coaster: Kukulkan - The evil feathered serpent of Mayan legend. Venture high over the rainforests before plummeting over 200 feet down into 12 mind-blowing inversions. It's the worlds most upside down roller coaster ride. Can you tame this monster?

Rapids: Esclavos Falls - Inspiered by Guatemala's most dangerous river, Los Esclavos, this is an adventure you'll never forget. The waters are white and the jungle is dense. It's impossible to stay dry as you drift helplessly through the rapids and under huge waterfalls!

Launched Free-Fall: Pacaya Blast - Ever wondered what erupting from a volcano feels like? Feel the burn as you and your friends are launched from the heart of an erupting volcano over 150 feet in the air and free-fall back down!

Swinging Ship: Conquest of the Conquistadors - The Spanish explorers played a part in the demise of the Ancient Mayans but nobody could have guessed that their souls would return for revenge. Climb aboard this possessed ship and hold on tight as you're swung to and fro high up over the raging seas. Your timbers will surely be left shivering!

How's that?

Please don't steal my ideas as I've spent hours developing them! Thank you.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:19 pm

So what's going on at my park?

Coaster: Shark Lake (ALREADY OPEN)
An exciting launched coaster loosely themed around JAWS. A safari-style tour around a shark lake, ruined when a Great White comes to play! Featuring 6 inversions, manufactured by Maurer Sohne.

Capacity issues have also caused a very rare occurrence here, RCT3 says that there is a 60 minute queue! :o (EDIT - Capacity is confirmed at 224pph, queue time is now down to 35 minutes)

Dark Ride: Below Deck
Explore what it's like below deck on a pirate ship, where slaves and prisoners are tortured for fun by evil pirates. But watch out, else you could be next!

Rapids: Treasure Chasers
Ride your way through the forbidden Jungle on a quest for treasure; but beware, it won't be easy, with sharks, killer plants & dinosaurs all lurking, waiting for pray.

Log Flume: The Plank
Walk the plank on this insane Log Flume adventure about a young pirate who decides he wants to befriend the enemy, but is forced to walk the plank by his parents.

(Dueling) Pirate Ship: Parrot Peter's Pirate Perils (NOW OPEN)
An exciting thrill ride for younger ones as you swing from side-to-side on this incredibly themed pirate ship attraction. Riders choose between the hippo ship and the elephant ship before boarding.

(Extra Events)
Seasonal Fireworks Extravaganza!
Ooh and Ahh as Adventure Island launches their Summer or Halloween firework spectaculars! (Take place at 10pm on evenings in June, July, August & October)
:)
Last edited by Pennywise on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 am

Sounds cool Air Dan. It'd be good if everyone could combine their creations at the end (once we've found a winner) to make an awesome adventure themed theme park. It'd take a bit of doing and each area would probably not be exactly be the same as before but I bet we could improve them. The problem is that it'd all have to be done on a powerful computer and mine is terrible (but I'm building a better one). Just an idea anyway.

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:54 am

I'll enter! Will get to work on it in a minute, I'm not very good at the game though and know that it's likely to fail. :( I have no custom objects either, they just crash my computer..

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 am

Don't worry, you can still make some really cool things without custom scenery, etc... I'd probably go for a coaster style that uses wooden supports as they look more realistic than the steel coasters supports.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 am

"BigAl" wrote:
Sounds cool Air Dan. It'd be good if everyone could combine their creations at the end (once we've found a winner) to make an awesome adventure themed theme park. It'd take a bit of doing and each area would probably not be exactly be the same as before but I bet we could improve them. The problem is that it'd all have to be done on a powerful computer and mine is terrible (but I'm building a better one). Just an idea anyway.

But, mine, kind of, like... takes up a whole Sandbox park. :P If we did that my area would have to shrink a lot! Nice idea though, I have a pretty powerful computer but have very little custom scenery installed. :)

I'll enter! Will get to work on it in a minute, I'm not very good at the game though and know that it's likely to fail. :( I have no custom objects either, they just crash my computer..

To be honest, I fail at RCT3 too, but it's all good fun. :D Any chance you could post information on your 5 rides like BigAL & I have?

---- Post Info Added ----

I'm also toying with the idea of introducing a zoo... hmm...

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:46 am

I'm just going to stick to what you said in your first post and work on them. Then if there's time I'll think about adding extra bits and bobs. Obviously I'll have shops and facilities as an area doesn't just have rides.

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:18 am

Five rides -

Jungle Jungle

Jungle Run -
Take to the forest on this Mack Bobsleigh coaster, as you zoom through the trees. Beware though some say an ancient and deadly curse haunts the forest!

Muy Humedo -
In this classic Intamin River Rapids, explore the forbidden temples. It seems the gods are up for a water-fight though, or have just discovered ways to soak you beyond belief!

Voyage -
Climb up and up through the pyramid. You're never to sure what happens next, but when it does you'll ve clinging onto your life!

Crocodile Creek -
Hop aboard a crocodile on this water-ride, designed especially for littler ones!

Trance -
An insane 200 ft tower, and once you're up there's only one way to go - down!