UK theme parks from another point of view!

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Re: TTF's RCT3 Monthly Competition

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:53 am

So there's four of us so far (and maybe some who have chosen to be more secretive about things). This should be good fun. I've never done anything like this before, anyone else?

MissMoz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I might join in.

I am not too good at RCT3 though so don't hold your breath.
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Everyday Is Silent Without Corky

FOR SOME THINGS THERE IS NO RATIONAL EXPLANATION.

Oblivion_
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:50 pm

I'll probably enter for the fun of it ;O
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:36 pm

Excellent, looks like we finally have some competition building up! Don't forget to post the type and theme of your rides.

MattH

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Wait 1 sec, we need some judges to look through the parks i think, just to make it a lot better, if anyone wants to, ill be more than happy to join as a judge, just upload the park somewhere, with a list of CS if used, ill d'load it and give it a spin, see what happens :P

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:12 pm

"GothicAngel" wrote:
Wait 1 sec, we need some judges to look through the parks i think, just to make it a lot better, if anyone wants to, ill be more than happy to join as a judge, just upload the park somewhere, with a list of CS if used, ill d'load it and give it a spin, see what happens :P

Fail play. I was planning on running it on poll format, but you're right, there's only so much that you can pick up from a YouTube video.

So added rule:
- Must upload to MegaVideo and provides judges with the link before deadline. :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:41 pm

I've got roughly 500 different CS sets and CTR's you know? I don't have an account on any sites that I can upload my park onto so I'll have to do that. I'd stick with a poll and a detailed video to save people the time and computer space.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 am

Poll added asking how the competition should be judged then. You have 7 days to vote in the poll. :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:18 pm

It's also quite hard to track what CS you use, especially when you're using quite a lot of it. I always use loads and I can never remember what stuff belongs to which set. Then you've got other people who might have used other stuff (or their own) and in the end it's quite a lot of hassle. If we do have to post our parks in the end then I'll try and keep a note of what stuff I use but I'm not sure if some of it is still available or easy to find. I've spent many hours searching for CS and CTR's from all over the show so I wouldn't be surprised.

What about this as a rule:

Whoever wins gets to decide the next task. If they decide they don't want to or they don't want to take part then it's handed to whoever came second, etc... Or is this already a rule?

Benedique
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:30 pm

I might give this competition a go. I say might because I usually spend about 6 hours working on a ride then decided its 'rubbish' and delete the whole park. If I manage to remain patient with it then I shall upload my park to the competition :)

Joelio

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Option 3... "through a series of doctored screenshots..."

Its something i'd like to do. Put me down as entering, i'll see what I can do :P

altongeek
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 pm

"Benedique" wrote:
I might give this competition a go. I say might because I usually spend about 6 hours working on a ride then decided its 'rubbish' and delete the whole park. If I manage to remain patient with it then I shall upload my park to the competition :)

im exactly the same. or i do something that is far too big and get bored

Benedique
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 pm

"Air Dan" wrote:

An easy-ish task to start with
TASK 1 (DUE 27th SEPTEMBER)
- Create an 'adventure' themed area.
- The area can be as big as you like.
- It must include exactly 5 rides
- Including exactly 1 coaster.
- Exactly 1 river rapids ride.
- And exactly 1 indoor ride.
- You may use any landscaping, theming or coaster designs including custom scenery.

Who's in? :D

Can I just ask, this might have been asked already so apologies if it has, as long as there are still exactly 5 rides in the area can two of the other 'rules' over-lap? For example if I wanted to do an indoor rapids ride could it count as the indoor ride and the river rapids ride or will I have to do them separately?

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm the opposite. I keep working on something and then suddenly it's that big and detailed that my computer can't handle it. So I start building another one :P

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:31 pm

"Benedique" wrote:
Can I just ask, this might have been asked already so apologies if it has, as long as there are still exactly 5 rides in the area can two of the other 'rules' over-lap? For example if I wanted to do an indoor rapids ride could it count as the indoor ride and the river rapids ride or will I have to do them separately?

This is fine, the same would of course we the same for a dark coaster. :)

Option 3... "through a series of doctored screenshots..."

This is a viable alternative to the YouTube video. :)

It looks like it's going to be voting in a poll to decide the winner anyway, not but much though, just the 9-0. :P

Whoever wins gets to decide the next task. If they decide they don't want to or they don't want to take part then it's handed to whoever came second, etc... Or is this already a rule?

This is OK with me, however, I think the rule should be that if 1st place doesn't want to choose the task, I should. (If that's OK with others). :)

Anybody finished yet, out of interest? A Month and a Week to go. ;)

Benedique
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:02 pm

I spent 6 hours on my first attempt... wasn't happy with it so deleted it all and started again

I then spent 7 hours on my second attempt...wasn't happy, deleted it all!

I'm now on my third attempt... :roll:

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:27 pm

I think my 'area' (which actually turned out as being a full park) is my best RCT3 park ever, however, I have no doubt that it will still be by far the worst entry. :P

Joelio

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 pm

I'll try and do something Frontierland esque, since it looks quite good in RCT3. Bare in mind though, I have RCT3 but with no expansion packs, so everything will be default. I'm sure I can make something pretty good anyway.

:D

Terra
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Hey (: I was just wondering if I would be able to post pictures and screenshots of the park rather than video. I have absoloutely no idea how to work the in-game recorder or anything :P

- Lewis

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:47 am

If you so wish, then yes. :)