UK theme parks from another point of view!

What theme would you like to see next?

Hawaiian
3 (10%)
Western / Mexican
2 (6%)
Sci Fi
10 (32%)
Medieval
4 (13%)
Atlantis
12 (39%)

Total votes: 31

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: Malibu Park

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm excited to announce that the Malibu Park Resort will reopen soon. Along with a brand new area called Space Port. The challenge I have is that the park will have to be built from scratch and that could take some time but I promise that Malibu Park Resort will soon be up and running again. Other improvements I plan to make include, better lighting (take note alton), more realistic paths, using more custom supports on my rides.

Here is a promotional poster;

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:54 pm

really looking forward to this!

It will be interesting to see how you will blend a space theme into an african themed park!

Maybe you could do a james bond type thing, where you go into an old mine shaft or cave, then at the bottom your suddenly in a high tech space port like place. Look up moonraker on youtube, you will see what I mean. You'd hane to hide the area inside a warehouse or something though, so that it appears your underground, but your really not.

What ever you do with the park, Im looking forward to it!

:)

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks Blizzard, really liking that idea of a 'secretive' type entrance although I probably wouldn't have it in a warehouse or similar. With the Malibu Park Resort having a tropical theme throughout (not african :wink: ) I thought I could develop a modern futuristic area with a scattering of palm trees and 'beach huts', which I thought would be an interesting mix.

Some other points i forgot to mention previously,
What rides would everyone like to see returned when I rebuild this park?
Does anyone think I should rebuild Beach Walk?
What other ideas could you think of for area?
Which type of ride do I need to include more of? IE. rollercoasters, flatrides, darkrides, transit.

Also, quite a while back I mentioned a franchise type thing, where i could give everyone a particular shop or ride signage they wanted, IE. Malibu Lounge, Beach Walk.

Thats all thanks, please comment.

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Well I wouldnt start the park again from scratch, it just seems pointless because its already really good already! what you need in my opinion, is a "Giga Coaster", as that would give the park something that would stand out & make it a must visit attraction.

If you do something similar to "Intimidator305", instead of on flat land as intimidator 305 is, you could have it twistingthrough rivers similar to cheetah hunt, if you lin the rivers with palm trees, rocks & shrubs, it could look really amazing! Also if you try & mirror the support structore of 305 with just two supports on the lift hill.

Transit wise, you dont want anything to urban like trams or trains really, you need sopmething a little more subtle; like a water based transport or a monorail (with canopy).

Whatever you do with the park, im sure it will be good!

:D

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:46 am

Hey everyone, just thought I'd reveal to everyone the attractions and their logos for one of the areas of the 'new' Malibu Park Resort, the area: Island of Polynesia, is based around the exotic, tribal heart of the Polynesian Islands.

Attractions include:
Moku Mauna Falls (a rapids ride, surrounded by rocks, waterfalls, jungle foliage and fountains)
Coconut Co. Minetrain (a minetrain roller coaster weaving its way around the area)
Kai Hula (a musical dancing show on an 'open-air' stage in the heart of the area)
Kaukau Grill (a delicious range of exotic food, and normal food too)

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Hello everyone, just a quick update on the progress of the rebuilding of Malibu Park Resort,
The signage for each area I will include in the 'new' Malibu Park Resort has been updated with the highest standards,

The signage for: Beach Walk, Space Port, and Island of Polynesia has been finished and will be implemented into the park once the areas start to take shape.

All logos for Beach Walk are again updated with each one taking on a more modern style with still an emphasis on the 4 colours (pink,green,turquoise,purple). And Aqua Bar becoming slightly 'seventies', Feva becoming explosion like, Food Kitchen becoming more modern and Sound Stage being the rebranded 'Malibu Park [summer] Party'.

All comments extremely welcome, thank you.
Last edited by ryanlovesaltontowers on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Hello everyone,
just though I'd post a 'christmas message'. All billboard material for the park is being updated including Space Port, Island of Polynesia and Beach Walk as seen previously. Next on my list is Mexico and Jukebox Rally which are both being slightly modernised and becoming more legible.

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello Everyone,
In this update i will be showing images of the now opened Malibu Park Resort,
When building the park i began to redevelop older ideas i had and make them more 'current'.
Areas in the park include - Island of Polynesia, Spaceport - Sponsored by Virgin, The Forsaken Bay, and currently being built Beach Walk.

Photos to follow:
We start our tour at the newest part of the park - Beach Walk, only  few buildings have been built and the area is still closed of for public viewing. On the left you can see the Beach Walk Bubble an observation tower.

Looking in the opposite direction, the entrance to Spaceport, which as some of you may have noticed has had yet another logo 'refresh' and a new sponsorship from Virgin.

Just in front of that entrance building is the Virgin Store, selling everything from Spaceport branded clothing to Virgin key rings.

One of the two onsite hotels is the Lunar Hotel, offering modern rooms and facilities, the hotel sits on the boundary of the park and is opposite the Virgin Store.

The exit to Voyage Space, an inverted coaster surrounding the whole Spaceport area, note the exit also offers a Fastpass entrance.

A Spaceport sign attached to the side of Voyage Space's station, with Rocket Launch in the background.

The entrance to Rocket Launch, which is Malibu Park's tallest attraction to date, with the Beach Walk Bubble being roughly 10 metres smaller.

Entrance to Voyage Space, the queue line tunnels through the hill behind the building and comes out opposite the station.

Overview of the area with Beach Walk top left, and the Lunar Hotel top middle.

Going back to the main entrance for the Malibu Park Resort, this entrance is an exact replica of the previous one at the old park.

The 'Malibu Boat' is back, losing the fountains though for now.

This photo gives you an insight into the new Malibu atmospheric lighting.

Another night photo, this time showing the entrance to Malibu Splash, with the new logo.

Crossing the bridge into the main park area, the gardeners went overboard with the plants.

Into the theme park plaza, another night picture. For Spaceport you turn left, for Island of Polynesia you turn right.

The entrance to Malibu Cloud, Malibu's Monorail service which runs around the park.

Going into Island of Polynesia, the entrance to Coconut Co. Minetrain. The whole entrance is covered with tropical plants.

Entrance shot of the Moku Mauna Falls, which were closed today because of a major leak in the station. This ride and the Coconut Co. Minetrain are the oldest in the park being built together.

The exit for Coconut Co. Minetrain. Note the Fastpass entrance again.

Entrance to Tiki Splash Battle, an interactive water zone. The water was switched off today though.

Kaukau Grill, serving burgers, meat baps, and fries to go.

Entrance to the second hotel - Exotic Adventures Hotel, with authentic polynesian decor and a Malibu Cloud station inside the hotel.

Bridge over the footpath, which carries the Malibu Cloud track.

Entrance to Island of Polynesia from the other side of the park.

Entrance to the Forsaken Bay, this area is waiting for signage to be produced so no singe is in this area yet.

The Galleon, which is the closest ride to the entrance.

First lift hill for the Rum Trading Company Flumes.

Alternative view of the lift hill.

Overview of the Rum Trading Company Flumes, with the unique dual station system, the left for exiting and the right for entering, this improves throughput and suggests the people riding before have 'vanished'. The queue line is underneath the canvas canopy.

The waterfall that fills the lake in the Forsaken Bay, and pipes then lead into the main Malibu River. The Rum Trading Company Flumes pass over the top of the waterfall.

The cannon water feature is powered entirely by gravity, a pipe leading from the top of the waterfall to the cannon.

The start of the lift hill for the Mystic Journey, which passes underneath the biggest drop for the Rum Trading Company Flumes.

The lift hill for the Mystic Journey, the first drop passes through the wooden structure. A ride car is currently passing through the first structure on the lift hill.

One of the Rum Trading Company Flumes ride cars after dropping down the largest decent.

The final decent for the Rum Trading Company Falls involves a close encounter with a stone archway.

Overview of the Forsaken Bay, with the Rum Trading Company Flumes' dual stations clearly shown and the biggest decent, next to Mystic Journey's lift hill and the waterfall.

The final area to visit is Malibu Splash, this is an overview of the waterpark, and shows the main pool and 'The Blast' watercoaster. The gap at the back is to be filled with more facades matching the surrounding buildings.

Entrance to 'The Blast', a spiral staircase leads to the slide entrance.

Malibu Splash's main pool with the Malibu Cloud track running over it.

I'll finish with this image of a history of Malibu Park's logos. Notice how the logo become more modern every time it is updated and how the colour scheme is dramatically changed with each update.

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:30 pm

This is a really great little park! The log flume looks amazing, and I'm liking the ride logos/signs.

:)
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Wow your park and graphics look fantastic! Can I ask though where I could find the wood CS from the Polynesian area?

Are you thirsty?

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Hey Coke, the CS pack is called Ckef's Rock Side Lagoon Set.

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: Malibu Park Resort

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey everyone,
In this update I will be showing the newly constructed 'Jukebox Rally' which has lost its turquoise colour scheme in favour of a red and black colour scheme. Also since the last update the foliage around the park has grown immensely and Malibu Park Resort has created the 'Coffee Bar' brand which features in Spaceport, Jukebox Rally, and Island of Adventure. Also pictures of Beachwalk and the Speed 360 roller coaster.

The new Coffee Bar in Spaceport.

Signage on the building before the bridge crossing to Beachwalk.

Entrance to Beachwalk which has recently opened.

Feva, Beachwalk's only remaining night club.

Juice, which is next door to Feva, selling all large menu of cocktails

Speed 360's station.

Speed 360's entrance building

Overview of Speed 360's track

Speed 360

Music Sensation sponsored by HTC, a 4D cinema type ride.

Overview of Beachwalk Bubble

Overview of Beachwalk

Entrance to Jukebox Rally

One of the many themed buildings of Jukebox Rally

Entrance to Jimmy Speed

Jimmy Speed's ride photo

Rally Bounce

Overview of the Jukebox rally racers

Sales and Info booth

Tyre Twist

More theming

The Coffee Bar brand in Jukebox Rally

Tyre Twist, with Jimmy Speed going round it.

Overview of Jimmy Speed's 'cattlemen'

Jimmy Speed's station

Rally Bounce

Thorpe Park reference anyone?

More theming

The Coffee Bar in Island of Adventure

Forsaken Bay logo

Mystic Journey entrance

Mystic Journey queueline

With the foliage growing the waterfall has become somewhat hidden.

Mystic Journey's lift hill

Mystic Journey theming

More theming

Rum Trading Company Flumes overview

Jukebox Rally fly over

Entrance Flyover

Thats all for this update, thanks for reading and any comments are welcome.

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Your park is amazing in every single way, apart from one thing. The need for custon supports. Honestly they make the roller coasters look so much better!

But apart from that good job so far  :D

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi everyone, I haven't updated in a while due to other more important things, but I'm now back to working on my park and I can confirm many things, A new ride in the Port Aquatic area of my park has opened called 'The Splash' with an aquatic theme. A new outlet has opened around the park, named 'Myride'; it is akin to YourDay. The signage around the park has been mainly updated and the brand has received another 'refresh'. Photos of signage to follow. Pictures of park to be uploaded shortly. Thanks for your patience.

New Entrance Signage

Malibu Splash Signage

Myride signage

Map signage, suggesting guests should 'grab a map'

Malibu Cloud (cable car system) signage

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am

Wow!!! Looks amazing ;) I wish I could go!!!! What type of CS did you use??: I think a african themed SLC would look amazing! Like Kumali:) very good (y)

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Hello everyone.

In this update I will be showing some recent progress from within the park, but first I leave you to read this article.

You may be shocked at this and wonder why I have removed Spaceport, the resin being it is soon to be replaced by an 'Atlantis' themed area. The 'Voyage Space' ride (a B&M Inverted coaster) will return with a alternate track, and a new dark ride will also be opening along with a small number of flat rides. In other news, Jukebox Rally has had it's signage updated and a few areas have received a lick of paint, the area now only uses a colour scheme of black and red with accents of chrome every now and again, this makes the area feel authentically 50's, yet modern at the same time. Also updated is the signage surrounding the main entrance and plaza, using posters previously posted. As well as developments around the old Spaceport area, a clearing of trees has been spotted and signage has gone up between two shopping outlets in Jukebox Rally suggesting another area will soon become available. Beachwalk has also seen change this month, with the Beachwalk Bubble (an observation tower) being deconstructed and put into storage, this could suggest a new shop or attraction could appear in it's place. Malibu Park Resort made a huge profit last year and as a result, are pumping a lot of money into theming and ride systems for the parks future rides.

Images to follow.

Image of the fencing and teaser signage which has been put in place between the sales & information office and the Coffee BAR.

Another view of the fencing. The signs suggest a futurist theme, but the use of the atom symbol could mean a scientific theme or something to link in with the 50's still?

New Sales & Information sign.

The now extended Burger King, using it's BK Flame branding in places.

New Coffee BAR signage, left of image is facing to new area / ride.

And I seem to say this all the time but... Thorpe Park reference anyone?

New Jukebox Rally entrance sign, which is slightly reminiscent of UG Land's only one before the Dark Forest came and ruined it.

New Jimmy Speed entrance sign, notice the shiny metal 'speed' part. I will also mention that Jimmy Speed is currently closed because of the new on-ride photo/video system (Myride) is being retrofitted onto the ride.

Jimmy Speed's Ride Photo building, which is also closed.

Jukebox Diner, lacking the former as it is receiving an upgrade soon.

An overview of Jukebox Rally as its appears today, note Jimmy Speed's 'cattlemen' queue in the middle and the fence constructed for the new ride in the top left.

Another overview, this time of Rally Bouncers.

Jimmy Speed's Op's Cabin alongside the station, and a new queue line sign warning guests of 'Strong Magnetic Forces' and Malibu's Definition of Queue Jumping.

A rather bland image of Spaceport as it now appears, notice how the river has been extended to surround the whole area and the lack of Beachwalk Bubble.

Moving to Beachwalk now, you can see a fence has been built around the old Beachwalk Bubble station.

An overview of the area where Beachwalk Bubble once resided.

going back to the entrance, this image shows Malibu's new entrance signage, utilising a new modern colour scheme.

Exit sign to the main park.

The new Myride shop.

A billboard in the main plaza, advertising an offer for Myride.

New signage for 'Cloud' Malibu's monorail.

And that concludes this update, in the next update I will include progress of the areas featured plus an area of the park that, i have only just realised, I have never shown before; The name of that area is Port Aquatic.

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Small update on progress,

Construction has started in Jukebox Rally with the whole area leading from the Sales and Info shop being fenced off.

Tyre Twist has had to be closed because of where the ride exit is situated.

Signage on the fence, suggests the new area will be called 'The Domain' and the closure of Coffee BAR and Tyre Twist.

Looking through the fence, you can see that Coffee BAR has been stripped of all facade features including signage. Is this the last we'll see of Coffee BAR?

The sign that appears on the fence advertising 'The Domain'

EDIT: I've just noticed I've shamefully spelt 'Arriving' wrong.  :roll:
Last edited by ryanlovesaltontowers on Sat May 12, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 17, 2012 9:22 pm

I love the effort you put into this. In particular, as before, your billboards are fantastic and really add to the theming. The red, white and black theming throughout the Jukebox Rally area also works really well. Looking forward to the new developments!

Edit - if I could add something, it would be to experiment with using some kind of path cover, rather than the ingame paths, which I think are at odds with many of the more realistic-looking buildings you have, particularly in the Jukebox Rally area. Pathcovers and adding curves to the paths would make a big difference I think.
Last edited by captain on Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

towerstwiststurns

Tue May 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Can i ask, where did you get the bunting from in the CS and where did you get the queuetime boards from? Could i have a link to both please?

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 25, 2012 10:36 am

omg! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing:o

I think a Vekoma SLC would make this park amazing! the slc brings a diffrence and could be one of the bigger rides! or like infusion over the lakes!:D well! any ways its amazballs!