UK theme parks from another point of view!

fredward

Fairland Valley Theme Park Update, new area & coaster pics!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:59 pm

I wasn't sure about this park... I've been adding to it for probably about a year... not intensely but i've never posted it on the internet before.

Due to the fact on RCT3 I am a perfectionist so I will only post my projects if I absoloutley think they're ready!

I'm still not a 100% on wether to start a "theme park story" the park looks pretty ready for a first season. all i've got to do is some behind the scenes stuff like storage areas and access routes, but that won't take me longer then half an hour If I really put my mind to it!

So the question is do you guys want to see more? if so I'll start a story.

I'm going for extreme realism after i've finished the initial park... So don't expect a new ride every update, expect lots of planning permissions, area plans and sneaky shots. Like what we get when following rides like the SW's.

But anyway heres some random pictures showing what i've got done so far.

Entrance one: the fairground

the fairground and the wild mouse

the interior of the monorail station (main street end)

Entrance two: the main street

the main street

the large river and mountain

The small wooden coaster probably called runaround but i'm not sure.

The vekoma rollercoaster, based on the corkscrew layout with small adjustments.

so tell me what you think, do you want to see more?
Last edited by fredward on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

A5H

Re: Fairland Valley Theme Park, by Fredward

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:04 am

Oh sure... upload this the same day I upload mine you son of a :censored: haha :)
Talk about completely outshining my park! :P
Amazing detail, especially in those Main Street buildings!

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:08 am

Nice!, I like it! But I think the park needs a BIG custom supported, alpine themed woodie. It would go nicely with the rest of the park & be a signature coaster that dominates the skyline. (Big burgers timber is great for custom supports :mrgreen: )

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.

fredward

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:15 am

thanks, I'm not going to add any massive rollercoasters at random but I have been planning on making a massive woody. I've sort of got a 10 year plan! I have big burgers timber and have used it on the small woody, It's just hard to notice on the picture I took!

and thanks A5H, sorry about posting at the same time! didn't realise at the time! But theres nothing to worry about your park looks fantastic! :)

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 am

Wow this is great! I love the buildings on the Main Street!

Cant wait for more!
Since April 2008

.Will

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:46 pm

This is pretty epic! I love that bridge and the Corkscrew!

:D

Randomizer462
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Amazing! Can’t wait to see the Full Park, Can I ask? What was the name of the one what was before the last image?, This Park will be Pretty Epic, Like Will says.

fredward

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:02 pm

sorry what are you asking? The name of the rollercoaster is Runaround.. Or are you asking for a bit of CS

thanks everyone. After the positive feed back I'll continue this park and start a story :D

Randomizer462
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry, I ment The CS Set you used?

fredward

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 pm

First update. - The beginning

Fairland Valley, This Theme park has been in construction for 2 years now. If you can call it a theme park. The plans at the council pretty much shown 2 rollercoasters and a field for a private owned fairground to use. I wasn't following this park as I was sure it would be another park to pop up to compete against the large pre-existing parks in this country, I doubted it'll last long.

My first trip report begins on a rather pleasant Sun drenched morning, I left early, probably too early as I can't see any one rushing for entry.

The road leading into the car park off the main road, there are two access roads, one large road which branches off of the main A road in the area, it also has a small country road which leads through a large field to the South of the park, this field is owned by the park but as far as I know has no permission for construction with the exception of the road. with two roads leading into the park. Hopefully this means there is easy transport for when the park increases in size.

You can see from this shot the fairgroud area... It looks pretty bland, for now... but is large area, heres hoping they can utilise this space and create a large entrance here. On my quest to find the main car park, I discovered a pleasant site and was rather surprised...

A sort of charming village appears across a large river... I believe it can prove to be rather picturesque, my excitement for the park has most definitely tweaked! Perhaps there is hope for this park!

While travelling across the bridge that takes me to the car park I took this shot.

Too bad there seems to be some large construction work otherwise this shot would look pretty sweet! Wondering what they were building I continued my journey to the car park.

got into the main car park finally, first view of one of the parks Rollercoasters, I believe it's been given the name Runaround. Not terribly exciting but I suppose it isn't too bad!

Getting a view of the monorail station it's looking rather attractive!

As I was venturing forth to the monorail, I noticed there was an entrance to the park! I assumed the entrance would be where the fairground was!

Some Intamin track hanging above the park, painted in the parks colours, Cyan and light wood brown. I'm not particularly sure why they have some intamin track... nor do I know wether it is proper Intamin track, It could of easily been constructed by the parks art team... Too bad there is no large rides to back up this piece of scenery!

Looking across the river I can see the construction sight quite clearly... there is some rather impressive theming inside the scaffolding... I look forward to finding out what it could be!

In fact since the park was completely empty at this current time (2 hours before opening) I went forth to find someone who would know about the park and could perhaps give me a short interview about where the park is trying to head.

Luckily I found one of the parks managers standing aside making sure everythings going well in this new park. I approached the man and enquired. With a fantastic stroke of luck he accepted and guided me into the park. He said he would show me the Parks initial 10 year plan.

I couldn't resist a sneaky snap of the architecture of the park... It's looking pretty amazing for such a young park!

The 10 year plan is as followed.

"Park Manager" wrote:

The year we are currently in, will be known as year 0, or the foundation year for the park... This is here so we can hopefully aquire some more funds the increase capacity and the excitement of the attraction.

We currently have a large number of attractions thanks to the private company "Forever amusments" we have a 5 year contract with them before they will move on. This means in year 4 the side of the park which is dominated by this fun fair will be empty land. We hope to expand on this land... Perhaps a large Hotel in the far far future! But more likely for the inital years of the park, it'll be a free to use centre by park guests and non-park guests, for picnics, dog walking and general outdoor activities. The entrance to this area is partly constructed, by Partly we mean phase 1 is complete, but shall be expanded with time.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves! Year 1! We shall be slightly expanding the mainstreet into a rather quaint village (or as it seems on the outside :wink: ) and completion of a large 5* restaurant, you may have seen being constructed as you came in to the park. This is a pretty minor investment in the scheme of things, In year 2 we will be constructing a massive area designed to frighten guests senseless! It will hopefully include at least 2 thrill flat rides, but at this stage we arn't building any major rollercoasters! In addition we will expand the car parking and start construction of the main park car parks.

In Year 3 we will be completing the mainstreet continuing on from the Year 1 develpment, ending at half way down our land, ending at a large lake. We will have a large entertainment area andpicnic/ resting area by the lake. We are also Going to re-route the park monorail to connect with the main car park, this may mean possible removal of Runaround.

Year 4 is a rest year free from major developments, and as mentioned before we shall be finishing our contract with "Forever amusements". Year 5 will be a new large area directed towards family fun we have no infomation regarding this area for you at this time except there is talk of a large family friendly roller coaster. Year 6 will expand on the Year 2 thrill area possibly adding a major rollercoaster, Year 7 will hopefully be a new family/thrill area we have no infomation regarding this area. Year 8 shall be another rest year for the park. Year 9 should be a new large Thrill area.. and year 10... this will be our largest investment, it'll be a very intimidating rollercoaster, possibly to link with the Year 9 development. Hopefully I've helped you out and you support the park! We are looking very optomistic for this park and a lot of money has been invested into this project, hopefully it won't be in vain!

The park manager showed me a very rough design of what the park will hopefully look like in 10 years, no detail, but shows the size of the land they own! There still is a massive area of unused land to the West of the park! This looks like it'll one day be a massive park!

Feeling very spoiled I left the room where I was chatting with the manager and realised the park was shortly opening, I went into the queue for Runaround as it was the nearest ride and took these snaps after an enjoyable ride and once riders started to appear!

Some more pics of the mainstreet after the park opens, showing a steady flow of guests.

This trip report will continue soon! I don't want to overburden you with infomation!

next time I'll show you the Corkscrew, the parks second rollercoaster!

hope you enjoyed! :D

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Fairland Valley Theme Park - Fredward WARNING picture heavy!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Fantastic!

Looking forward to watching this park develope! :)
Since April 2008

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:41 pm

That diagonal corkscrew is genious! :clap: And your main street buildings are great too. Love the storyline (already well-planned!), and looking forward to seeing how it develops! :D

DiogoJ42

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Very nice, sir!

Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Brilliant work! Nice story and plan, lets hope the more you add keeps up to this sort of quality. :D

fredward

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:19 pm

I've got another Update at the ready, whenever you guys want it!

Was going to post it last night... but Portal 2 hype... and i've been slaving over Potato pack games, trying to win Potatos so we can all start up GLaDOS early...

long story...

so I'll post an update tonight... promise! :P

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Woah! I can't believe I having checked this thread before..!

What a park! Magnificently themed with some lovely landscaping and well designed attractions... I'm gonna have to get myself up there at some point! :D

fredward

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:54 pm

2nd UPDATE! - The Corkscrew

...After walking back around to where Runarounds entrance is, I continued forward, straight on infront of me is the Corkscrew, The mainstreet has phased out at this point with some construction work going on the left (West) This must be the extension to the mainstreet under contruction on the 10 year plan, looking forward to it as the area is looking rather bare at the moment!

shots of the construction work.

opposite of the construction work and looking east, is the park's secondary entrance. I forgot to mention earlier, the funfair park is free to enter to anyone, operating a pay per ride/ wrist band entry. Since the park is very small at the current time, the entrances to the main park are non operational. The two rollercoasters on the mainstreet are also included in the wristband... for now. The massive bridge provides picturesque views of the park.

continuing on to the corkscrew..

The rollercoasters station.

Opposite the entrance to the rollercoaster is a quaint looking harbour, including a mock shark. I feel as if this area really gives the park character and a story to tell.

across the harbour you can view, the massive hill/ small mountain. ruins put on top of this hill also add to the theatrical nature of the park. An almost stone henge type construct.

enough looking at the sights. On to the ride.

from the queue you can get some got shots of the rollercoaster...

empty queue is always a good queue!

The station.

The ride was great fun. Slightly customized layout so to fit more comfortably in the alloted footprint. But it is a great blast from the past! Memories of the old vekoma corkscrews!

The exit also produces fantastic views!

a sort of small courtyard is at the rides exit. No shops, just toilets! the remanding rooms are just a facade for the rides maintenece storage!

Moving on!, I better get on the bridge and check out the funfair!

Continuing soon!

Fredward!

.Will

Re: Fairland Valley Theme Park - Update, 16/04/11, The Corkscrew

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:45 am

Looks great. Are those Corkscrews custom?

:)

fredward

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:44 am

Nope! It's the ingame corkscrew... or tilt coaster... I'm guessing it's the corkscrew but I can't quite remember!

.Will

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Really? Hmmm I didn't know that you could set up Corkscrews like that. Thanks.

:)