UK theme parks from another point of view!

Good Idea or Never gonna happen?

Poll runs till Mon Jul 22, 2052 2:26 pm

Good Idea
12 (48%)
Never gonna happen
No votes
Could work
13 (52%)

Total votes: 25

Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member

TTF Collaborative Project RCT3

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I like the idea of a member working on various parts of the park and adding their own stuff to their individual part. It would work much better than say one person JUST doing coasters or one person JUST doing theming ect. One area could be contributed too by a number of members and would work much better. What also might work is having a list of what the park needs and each member filling out those tasks, whether it be big or small :)

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Re: TTF Collaborative Project RCT3

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:29 pm

This has been tried many, many times on the more dedicated RCT forums; mainly Atari.

It almost always doesn't work for different reasons.

That said, it has worked a few times. It might be better here since people know each other better what with meets etc happening on a regular basis. People will be more committed and less likely to flake. The only times it has worked on other sites is when it has been a competition and involved teams competing. The drive to actually get started doesn't seem to materialise when there isn't a deadline or specific goals.

I have tried this before and it hasn't worked out so I'm not really interested. Good luck though!

DiogoJ42

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:54 pm

It's a nice idea, but I highly doubt RCT could cope with it. The game is just to damn buggy. :roll:

If it did happen, then I'm afraid I just don't have the time to dedicate to my own parks, never mind a project like this.

Still, good luck trying :D

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:02 pm

"Anthony" wrote:
This has been tried many, many times on the more dedicated RCT forums; mainly Atari.

It almost always doesn't work for different reasons.

That said, it has worked a few times. It might be better here since people know each other better what with meets etc happening on a regular basis. People will be more committed and less likely to flake. The only times it has worked on other sites is when it has been a competition and involved teams competing. The drive to actually get started doesn't seem to materialise when there isn't a deadline or specific goals.

I have tried this before and it hasn't worked out so I'm not really interested. Good luck though!

I have set up a ballot box thread (head over there to see what I mean) so that we can make sure this is properly organised like you said, because it'd be a shame if it diddnt happen!

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:13 pm

I would be up for this. Should be quite a unique park if it works out! :)
Since April 2008

JoshM

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

I would prefer RCT2 but RCT3 is fine with me. Before we start we would have to have a list of CS set's that we can use so everyone can take part.

I'm all up for theming rides and coasters. :)

A5H

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:15 pm

it would be nice if we could get Diogo involved in this aswell :) He's extremely imaginative when it comes to RCT3 :D

Blaze

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 pm

But then there wouldn't be any need for the rest of us! :lol:

A5H

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:26 pm

"Blaze" wrote:

:P Too True, especially if he went first, I'd be too ashamed to put my work next to his :P

.Will

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:52 pm

"Blaze" wrote:

Yes there would.

I mean without us who would give it praise?

:)

Blaze

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Just need to point out, I can't do Extended Coaster type. If there is one in the park my RCT3 will not be able to open it.

Because I cocked up. :oops:

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Remember if you want to join the collaborative project, to put an X in the collaborative project ballot box thread!
If this is ever going to happen, we must not forget about it!

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.