UK theme parks from another point of view!

ReZourceman
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon coming to 3DS!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:50 am

Looks awesome!

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Why is this only for the 3DS :x

I'd happily get it for my DS as it looks a good game even if it is more limited than the 7 year old RCT3. I'd love to play RCT while on the move but there's no way I'm getting a 3DS. I got my DSi XL (which only came out last march) right before they announced the 3DS and have no other reason to have a 3D one.

[calm] That aside it’s a nice idea. Good balance between casual game and RCT for handheld. I’m sure there are plenty of reasons why it won’t work on the older DS but as many more people have an ordinary DS I think they should have tried a release on both. I’m just frustrated because far too many games on handhelds are too short and this looks like there’s a nice amount of content. [/calm]

:evil:
ImageImage

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:27 am

"Nightfall" wrote:
Why is this only for the 3DS :x

I'd happily get it for my DS as it looks a good game even if it is more limited than the 7 year old RCT3. I'd love to play RCT while on the move but there's no way I'm getting a 3DS. I got my DSi XL (which only came out last march) right before they announced the 3DS and have no other reason to have a 3D one.

[calm] That aside it’s a nice idea. Good balance between casual game and RCT for handheld. I’m sure there are plenty of reasons why it won’t work on the older DS but as many more people have an ordinary DS I think they should have tried a release on both. I’m just frustrated because far too many games on handhelds are too short and this looks like there’s a nice amount of content. [/calm]

:evil:

I'm glad it's a 3DS exclusive. The 3DS is a brilliant device, but it's major flaw at the moment is the distinct lack of games available. At the moment the only game worth owning is the remake of Ocarina of Time, which is a brilliant game to be fair, but other than that the software library is severely lacking. Anything to help blk up the number of games on it is a blessing.

That said, I've always been surprised that there hasn't been a portable RCT game in the past, expecially on the DS and iPhone. I would have thought a port of RCT/RCT2 would have been a no-brainer.

RustyRider
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 am

Some people are so hardto please on here! They've expanded the franchise to handheld which is fantastic and your all complaining like spoilt children, it's clearly a stop gap until rct4.

Just be happy that you now have the chance to build a rollercoaster in bed or in the car to Alton towers :)
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.

Adam James
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 am

Maybe i'm being slightly optimistic, but in the article it says that the 3DS version will be 'courtesy of Atari and developer n-space' - so if it was the Frontier twitter account that said something promising was on the horizon for RCT fans, perhaps this isn't it? [-o<

ReZourceman
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:36 am

For any 3DS owners who bought before the last week or two, the Ambassador Games programme has just launched today. Go to eShop, then "More Settings/Other" or whatever its called, and then "Titles Downloaded" and you can "Redownload" 10 NES games for free.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 am

I actually might get a 3DS, just for this game!

But, it was a shame, that they were hinting and hinting, but it's not RCT4!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Fabulous.

I have got a 3DS, and this will be awesome. I have seen some screen shots, and it looks like the graphics are very much like the original game; the interface however (as expected) has been modified to accommodate the touch screen controls. Hopefully, the game for the console will be better coded, and if they include the coaster cam, I will find it great riding my creations in 3D! The effect is surprisingly good...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a339296/rollercoaster-tycoon-3d-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-first-screenshot-trailer.html

Thought it would be interesting to post this. While the screenshot is something that we have seen, the logo and trailer is something that we have not. To be honest, even though it's not the PC game that we wanted, in hand held form at least it will not crash and it's also in 3D. RCT has been re-born.

So yes, I'm excited! :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Apparently despite disappearing off the radar for some time this is about to come out. May 22nd according to IGN but they didn't say which country so no idea when it releases here. Keep an eye out for it.
ImageImage

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Nightfall wrote:
Apparently despite disappearing off the radar for some time this is about to come out. May 22nd according to IGN but they didn't say which country so no idea when it releases here. Keep an eye out for it.

It is presumed just North America.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.