UK theme parks from another point of view!

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: My NoLimits Coasters

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 pm

As for the speed towards the end, it should have been much quicker. However, once I put the track through AHG it made the helixes too large which is why there are a lot of near misses and it becomes very slow. However, it made my track nice and smooth (mostly :) so a stuck with it.

As for the supports, I have to agree. I wasn't really sure where to stop. :P

The shot coaster will be trickey and I think you've hit the nail on the head really. I'll be making a dark ride section before the shot section. The shot section won't be too tall either. The concept in my head has a theme and some trickery to fool riders into not really being able to tell when the launch is, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it justice in NL and with my 3D modelling abilities, etc... I'll have to see though.

Finally, the name. I'll probably use all of the names at some point but for now I think I'll go with either Bone Crusher or Megasaur as these suit the theme that I want to give my ride. Monstrosity would need more of a Nemesis theme, in my eyes, so I'll use that for something else, rather than an inverted coaster. :P

Thanks for your comments, Nightfall! :D

Blaze

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm

OI! What do you mean it's a first?

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Eh? What are you on about, Blaze? :?

Blaze

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Not you, the post before.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 am

Blaze wrote:
OI! What do you mean it's a first?
Just noting that you have a very critical eye for detail when it comes to NoLimits creations. BigAl must be doing something right if you're only criticism was the use of curved transport sections.

Blaze

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:44 pm

And the sideways jerks and a few small pumps. ;)

The ride works, it comes together, it's not a 9 or 10, but it is realistic, accurate and well built for a relatively new NL user.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Blaze wrote:
And the sideways jerks and a few small pumps. ;)

The ride works, it comes together, it's not a 9 or 10, but it is realistic, accurate and well built for a relatively new NL user.

Had to go and wipe the smile off my face, didn't you! :(

:lol:

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:00 pm

How's your latest project going BigAl?

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 pm

It's going slow as I've had a load of homework to do just lately. I've made the ride and written a short back-story which will be released once I've created the station. :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:50 am

I finished the track for 'Monstrosity' and did a bit of landscaping a few months ago but cba to finish it. :P But in my head, the finished ride is awesome and I've no idea where I'd start. :?

I can't be bothered to add supports or make scenery for it because there's just so much in my head and I also doubt that I'd be able to make all of the pieces to a high enough standard with my basic 3D modelling skills anyway. But I made a story for it and created a logo to suit the theme.

I think I might just support it and then take various screen-shots and annotate them with graphics and text to explain all of the features of the ride that are in my head.

Should I release the story in two parts to build a bit of suspense and then release the logo or wait until it's all done?

What I can say so far about the ride is that it's an inverted coaster with a theme that's a mixture of Nemesis and Oblivion.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:07 pm

I may as well release a the logo for my new ride as it demonstrates the theme. I may release some of the back story for it too but I'll see how supporting the ride goes first as I've lost my patience with doing custom supports because they just take far too long (even though they do look vastly superior to the standard ones.

:)

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Can I ask what programme you use to make these wonderful logos?

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:49 pm

I only use PowerPoint 2010 (sometimes 2012 if I'm on my Laptop) and whatever images I can chop up and add effects, etc... I also search for free fonts that suit an idea in my head and usually just go along with it until it looks done. It doesn't sound very impressive but it works for me! :P

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 am

Wow really does look good, you have some initiative there!

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks! If only my coasters were as good! :P

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:53 pm

I think they are, still some improvements could be made but nobodies perfect eh?

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:41 am

So I haven't been able to make any No Limits rides for a while (yeah, thanks computer :P ) which has given me time to develop one of my ideas a little further.

Ride Name: Bucktooth Creek Rampage
Roller Coaster Type: Gerstlauer Eurofighter
USP: World's first shot tower coaster (that has already been though-up, but nonetheless :P ).
Theme: Swampy Creek / Barn Yard
Style: Family thrill, verging on white knuckle.

(These two images are of a poor quality due to the fact that I spent about an hour planning them but only 2 minutes drawing them :lol: )

I wanted to combine the ride with a little comedy, so forgive me for this rather cheesy storyline/description... :P

Queue Description

Scene 1: Upon entering the tool shed you notice that something is wrong. Something is rumbling under your feet. The shelves are moving and the tools are shaking. You hear a crash and someone howls and curses. Bucktooth Bill appears above you in the rafters (projection mapping) after his sleep was disturbed by the strange goings on causing a hammer to clonk him on his noggin.

Scene 2: The animals are going berserk and the farmers can’t control them (animatronics). Wild ‘mooing’ and ‘bahhhing’ fills the room and you can’t help but laugh at the carnage being created by the pesky animals.

Scene 3: The pantry has begun to fill with water and Bill’s vegetables are at risk. There are cracks in the floorboards and water bubbles up from below. You move on quickly before things get out of hand.

Show: So what’s going on here? Bill rushes in to the room (projection mapping) to explain to you what’s happening in his barn and why by showing guests a few sepia stills on his old rusty projector. Bucktooth Barn was constructed in a creek. Little did Bill know that the creek was infamous for its magnificent geysers that blast water out wherever you look. His family decided to make use of this phenomenon by creating a mine cart that would provide tours of the creek. He tells you not to worry about the chaos you’ve just witnessed and assures you that the rest of the tour will be completely safe.

Scene 4: The next room seems peaceful. Perhaps Bill was right and the only crazy goings on have already taken place? Think again! A hole in the floor begins to gurgle before the floorboards tremble and water sprays out from underground, showering the queue in cold spray.

Scene 5: A car seems to have crashed through the wall of the barn and Bill’s brothers are strapped in, laughing their heads off (animatronics). The wheels are still spinning around and smoke is pouring out of the back of the mine cart, so it must have just happened!

Ride Description

The car leaves the station and jerks right before shooting up a rackety lift (sfx). You hear Bill yelling not to worry. The car flies off the lift and down into the murky depths of the barn before rising back up into a brake run. Bill waves to you as your car hurtles past (animatronic).

Another quick turn and your back down again, this time only narrowly missing the track above you. The next set of brakes bring you to an abrupt halt. You hear Bill mumbling and gears cranking before he tells you that everything is working again and your car starts to move once more. The car spins around a corner after almost heading off the rails into some bales of hay and then slows down once again.

You stop in a ventilation shaft and Bill runs in once more to try and get your car going again. The track ahead leads outside and around a corner, but you won’t be going that way this time! The room shakes and some wooden crates fall over. Bill tells you to hold on tight before he runs out of the room and slams the door. Suddenly your sprayed in mist and a tremendous ‘woooooshing’ noise is a geyser erupting below your car. The car and track are hurled up into the air; to the very top of the tower. You’re stomach churns as the car bounces up and down on the gushing water before you feel a bump. Bill has slid some girders below the car to stop you from crashing to the floor. A hatch opens in front of you and he pushes you out and down the escape run (100 degree eurofighter drop).

The car heads out and down a tremendous drop in front of the barn. At the bottom of the drop even more geysers erupt in an almost synchronised manner. You race over a small hill for a pop of air-time and then twist onto your side and whirl around the main lake; fountains of water spraying up and over your heads. You approach the first inversion – an immelman – and roll over before shooting back down again. Up and over the walkways, your car speeds along the creek before a terrific diving loop and a steep climb into an outbuilding (housing the mid-course brake run that runs above some games stalls and snack stands) where you can catch your breath before the madness resumes!

Once again, you find yourselves gaining speed as you leave the comfort of the barn. A tight helix is the precursor to another great drop; this time, over the entrance to the queue that you’d not long since walked through. A corkscrew turns your world upside-down before a disorientating flash from the on-ride camera that may or may not have distracted you from seeing the misty cave that you’re about to drop into. Your car rises back out at a terrific pace before you roll through another corkscrew. That’s not the end just yet; the car lifts into the air and rolls under a tight ‘u’ shaped turn before exiting into another helix that’s dug into a trench. You emerge from the trench into a banked section before levelling out and coming to a stop on the brakes.

A return to the station signals the end of your chaotic tour of Bucktooth Creek. Don’t forget your photo on your way out!

So I'll hopefully be able to make this (or something along these lines) one day. Let me know what you think of the concept.

Dingerbell

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:02 pm

As requested.
Layout looks good- except I can't really picture the inside of the building, and the dive loop (5) looks weird- from there to 7 it looks more like a batwing. What's the building at the black 6- or is that just a theme object? The pre-show looks very interesting, and so does the theming. However, this will be a  :censored: to do it No Limits.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:10 pm

The inside of the building would be quite dark, especially for the coaster section. The dark ride area would be nearly pitch black, except for a few lanterns to light key pieces of theming, etc...

As I stated, the perspective is very dodgy looking but it makes sense to me, so I'll try and get a basic layout together once I have a good enough PC.

I'll try and create some artwork of the different scenes to give you an idea of what they look like but I'll skip them for the NL product as they'll be too difficult to make and won't show up very well in NL.

The back of the building (where the MCBR and shops are) would be the exit/emergency access and possibly toilets on the other side. The building there would allow for all of those things to be put into one section and be disguised and neat. The fact that it covers the MCBR is another plus as the catwalks and stairs would look awful otherwise.

I hope that helps? :)

Edit: I've had to change the name of my topic as there has recently been about two or three new topics that have started up where people have used the same name as mine. :(
Last edited by BigAl on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: BigAl's No Limits Coasters

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 am

Managed to throw the first section of the ride together on my laptop:

That's all of the dark section to the ride completed. The blue outlines demonstrate the tower that would enclose the shot tower launch section and the red line stands for a rough average ground height level for the area.

The tower section could have space below ground height (besides the area for the technical bits n' bobs) to drop into so you launch to the top of the room, bob up and down, fall below where you started and then rise back up to lock into place and continue the rest of the ride.