UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dingerbell

Re: BigAl's No Limits Coasters

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:54 am

Looks pretty good. The inside looks fairly exciting and quick (although the brake-runs look to slow down the ride). How the shot tower will work it's hard to see, could it be made that the train stays horizontal through the lift?

Anyway, about earlier:

BigAl wrote:

Ride Name: Bucktooth Creek Rampage
Roller Coaster Type: Gerstlauer Eurofighter
USP: World's first shot tower coaster (that has already been though-up, but nonetheless :P ).
Theme: Swampy Creek / Barn Yard
Style: Family thrill, verging on white knuckle.

Not sure about that :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 am

Dingerbell wrote:
Looks pretty good. The inside looks fairly exciting and quick (although the brake-runs look to slow down the ride). How the shot tower will work it's hard to see, could it be made that the train stays horizontal through the lift?

The ride isn't supposed to be too intense as I'm aiming for a different style (light hearted humour doesn't go with pant-wetting thrills :P ).

Don't worry about the lift in the tower, I'll edit that section in a different track and put the two pieces of footage together to make it look like there's a shot section. :)

Dingerbell wrote:

BigAl wrote:

Ride Name: Bucktooth Creek Rampage
Roller Coaster Type: Gerstlauer Eurofighter
USP: World's first shot tower coaster (that has already been though-up, but nonetheless :P ).
Theme: Swampy Creek / Barn Yard
Style: Family thrill, verging on white knuckle.

Not sure about that :)

What do you mean? By this statement, I mean that the concept is more intense than a ride like, say, Th13teen, but it's not as intense as a ride such as Colossus or Saw. It doesn't really fit into a specific category, so I had to plump for a made-up title.

:)

Dingerbell

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

Well it's just that coaster's with over-vertical drops and multiple inversions count as white-knuckle (and not really just verging on). And as a Eurofighter, height restrictions will be at 1.4 m- meaning it is not really family orientated.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:31 am

Well the aim of the ride is for it to be low, slower and smoother, as opposed to the usual eurofighters that are very sporadic and pull fast manouvers in tight spaces. This ride is spaced out and the ride takes elements gradually rather than at full-speed. However, I may remove the inversions in place of more tiwsts and turns. It's difficult to label this concept into a specific category of ride as it's more of an adventure ride rather than a thrill ride. That's why the design features comedic aspects.

As it is, my ride doesn't have enough pace left to perform the final over bank and helix, so I may very well scrap the plans for the outside, bar the steep drop from the main barn tower. I'll post an update once I've got a better idea.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Here's an update on the projects that I've been working on so far...

Monstrosity: B&M inverted
El Diablo: GCI woodie (inspired by the destroyed roller coaster in Fallout New Vegas)
Soar: B&M flyer (featuring special world first drop - teaser coming soon)
Bucktooth Creek Rampage: Gerstlauer eurofighter (featuring a world first shot tower - teaser coming soon)
Sausage Looper: Schwarzkopf looper
Shuriken: Gerstlauer eurofighter

As each ride is released, I'll cross it off from the list above. :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:13 pm

So here's the teaser of another ride that I've been working on on my laptop: Soar - a B&M flying coaster with many unique elements, most notably, the first major drop (I need to think of a name for it :P ).

Feel free to comment on the teaser and anything else. :)

Blaze

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 pm

More nodes on the zero-g would be a good place to start. :D

Also, put the heartline indicator on. ;) It'll greatly improve your transitions, especially with this being an invert and therefore everything having to be 'backwards'. :)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I only made it today, so yes, there's still a lot to do to it. But the layout is all there so I'll begin to refine it tomorrow. :)

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:31 pm

I love your no limits coasters and this one looks really good.

But when I download the ones with 3D models I have to go into editor and place them and I don't no where they should go. Is there a way where you could just download it a the models just appear?

Just asking. :D

Blaze

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Track Packager is the only way, but your copy of it doesn't work, does it?

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:36 pm

No, I've tried 3 versions and all of them say the same.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:44 pm

I'll try a different tactic with my next coaster. I have a feeling I've been placing the objects in the wrong place. :P

I'm glad you like my rides. :)

Also, I think I'll call the drop a 'flying dive'.
Last edited by BigAl on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Wasn't sure whether or not to post it as it's not a coaster as such, just a new take on an element. I've no idea if it exists either, so forgive me if it does. :P

For now, I've called it the 'Interlocking Duelling Roll' as it's an ordinary barrel roll but is designed for duelling coasters. Basically, the two tracks/sides line up (the trains running along them side-by-side) and the two perform a barrel roll around each other. The two trains effectively roll over and under one another and create a unique near-miss effect. The element could be performed once, twice or three times to prolong the effect.

I'm sorry that the concept I've created to illustrate the element is rough (i.e. has no supports, isn't very smooth or heart-lined and the cars don't properly line up with one another), I just wanted to make a mock-up of the idea I had floating around in my head.

Let me know if anything like this exists or if you'd like to incorporate such an element into one of your own coasters as it'd be cool to see a more refined version in action.

Dingerbell

Tue May 08, 2012 7:14 pm

No interlocking barrel roll I've seen, but there are the interlocking corkscrews (eg. on Kumba and inferior Nemesis).

I imagine these would be done in the same way.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah that's as close as I think this comes to an existing element. It's technically the same really, it's just that my element is a barrel roll so that each car remains close to one another and they're not part of the same circuit.

Charlee
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Hold on a second!

Anyone else see a similarity between the DNA coils and those interlocking barrel rolls?
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Funny you mention that, because Longy also said that it'd be cool if this was inside SW7 earlier.

I wonder...? :P

Charlee
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Al, I'm now convinced that you are John Wardley in disguise
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2012 9:37 pm

That's also not the only times I've had someone say that either. But I'm not Mr Wardley, although i do wish I could do what he does. But I guess so do a lot of other people, haha! :lol:

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm

I had this idea of having a launch inside a barrel role. I tried it with the X-car and this is what I got.

I guess that it would be quite cool in a dueling coaster if someone better than me at no limits did it. :P