UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: Santa Clara

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:02 am

So this has become a full park then  :D
Image
 
.Will

Re: Santa Clara

Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Nightfall wrote:
So this has become a full park then  :D


Didn't see that one coming. ;)

:P
 
User avatar
Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 367
Joined: May 2009
Location: St. Albans, Herts
Contact:

Re: Santa Clara

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Great work Captain, you've totally nailed the theming and integration between rides. I must ask where those wooden fences are from as they look fantastic, wouldn't mind using them myself.

:D
 
User avatar
captain
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 1130
Joined: December 2009
Location: Manchester

Re: Santa Clara

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Nightfall wrote:
So this has become a full park then  :D
.Will wrote:
Didn't see that one coming. ;)

:P

Haha well you know me. This was intended to be a small side project, but I kinda got carried away... :P I just can't leave it unfinished! :D

It doesn't help that I keep redoing things. I'm doing Mystery Mine's station for at least the third time! Grrrr.

Jonny.F wrote:
Great work Captain, you've totally nailed the theming and integration between rides. I must ask where those wooden fences are from as they look fantastic, wouldn't mind using them myself.

:D
Thank you once again Jonny! Very kind. The ace wooden fences are from CTRSind's super Paths 2 set, download it (and his other super sets) from here..

Any ideas of supporting flats you guys would like to see?
 
User avatar
RyanY
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 872
Joined: July 2011
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Santa Clara

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Brilliant job Captain, I wish my park could be this good. Just a question, where did you get those supports that are used on the mine ride?

For supporting flats I would say use the Cyclone CFR as it fits with the theme and I'm sure you could build a good house for it.
 
Poison Tom 96

Re: Santa Clara

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:55 pm

SkySwat please
 
User avatar
Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2730
Joined: September 2009
Location: Cambridge

Re: Santa Clara

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Just thought I'd let you know (on the off chance you missed it) this project made The Weekly Ambassador over at Shyguy's World. And you haven't even shown them Mystery Mine yet :P

As for supporting flat ride's I think something with a bit of a story to give the area some context. Nothing to deep and meaningful but more than you've average flat. Mining Madhouse? Or maybe an enclosed Dynamo style ride?

I'm not really sure what more to suggest as I'm stuck looking for flats myself.
Image
 
User avatar
BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2262
Joined: June 2010
Location: South East Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Santa Clara

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:09 am

These rides are amazing Captain, I especially love the way you've been able to build the ride to interact with the surroundings and with guests not riding. Stunning work! :D

Is that smaller ride a ctr wild mouse? I've been looking for a decent wild mouse ctr everywhere. Could you please tell me where it's from? :)
 
User avatar
captain
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 1130
Joined: December 2009
Location: Manchester

Re: Santa Clara

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 am

ryanyoxall wrote:
Brilliant job Captain, I wish my park could be this good. Just a question, where did you get those supports that are used on the mine ride?
Thanks ryan! The supports are Weber's Intamin Mini Coaster Supports.

Nightfall wrote:
Just thought I'd let you know (on the off chance you missed it) this project made The Weekly Ambassador over at Shyguy's World. And you haven't even shown them Mystery Mine yet :P
:P God knows how that happened, I'd only posted twice!

BigAl wrote:
These rides are amazing Captain, I especially love the way you've been able to build the ride to interact with the surroundings and with guests not riding. Stunning work! :D

Is that smaller ride a ctr wild mouse? I've been looking for a decent wild mouse ctr everywhere. Could you please tell me where it's from? :)
Thanks BigAl! The wild mouse is incredible CT and a CTR, get them from these direct downloads:

http://rct-3.org/files/index.php?page=E ... ileID=1884

http://rct-3.org/files/index.php?page=E ... ileID=1885
 
User avatar
captain
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 1130
Joined: December 2009
Location: Manchester

Re: Santa Clara

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm

The monorail is back!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
User avatar
ATJoseph
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 480
Joined: July 2011
Location: Forbidden Valley!

Re: Santa Clara

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh my god! (falls of the chair and faints) Wow this is amazing its a really good park I cannot wait to see its future developements. :)

P.S has anybody had a look at my park :(
Last edited by ATJoseph on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Charlee
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 147
Joined: December 2011
Location: Sandhurst

Re: Santa Clara

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Teach me how to play RCT? Please? :(
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
 
User avatar
RyanY
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 872
Joined: July 2011
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Santa Clara

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm

If only my park could reach such levels of immense awesomeness. :P

Is there a chance for a pov of both you coasters as they look really good and i think we would be able to see the interaction with the theming better in a video. :D
 
User avatar
Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 423
Joined: March 2012
Location: North London

Re: Santa Clara

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:14 am

Great :)
Image
 
User avatar
Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 237
Joined: September 2010

Re: Santa Clara

Fri May 11, 2012 10:51 am

WOW I love the theme blending from the invert to the mystery mine! Could I ask you a few things though? (don't mean to be a pain.

Where's the water tower and jeep type car from? Im lacking loads of sets like these for my new park and I was wondering also if you know where I can find that rapid on invisible track CTR?
 
User avatar
Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 423
Joined: March 2012
Location: North London

Re: Santa Clara

Fri May 11, 2012 8:11 pm

When is a update ?
Image
 
User avatar
RyanY
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 872
Joined: July 2011
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Santa Clara

Fri May 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Rollermad wrote:
When is a update ?


When captain wants to do one.

Be patient, perfection takes time.
 
User avatar
captain
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 1130
Joined: December 2009
Location: Manchester

Re: Santa Clara

Sat May 19, 2012 3:13 am

ATJoseph wrote:
Oh my god! (falls of the chair and faints) Wow this is amazing its a really good park I cannot wait to see its future developements. :)

P.S has anybody had a look at my park :(
Thank you ATJ!

Charlee wrote:
Teach me how to play RCT? Please? :(
:P Practice and patience! Anyone can do it really!

ryanyoxall wrote:
If only my park could reach such levels of immense awesomeness. :P

Is there a chance for a pov of both you coasters as they look really good and i think we would be able to see the interaction with the theming better in a video. :D
Thanks ryan! There will definitely be POVs one day, and you will be able to see much more theming as you say. Unfortunately I want to make sure that the POVs don't show just how much is unfinished. The Mystery Mine POV will probably be done first as most of the surrounding area is getting done, compared with Tornado which is in the centre of a very unfinished park.

Rollermad wrote:
Great :)
Thank you Rollermad!

Pricey ;) wrote:
WOW I love the theme blending from the invert to the mystery mine! Could I ask you a few things though? (don't mean to be a pain.

Where's the water tower and jeep type car from? Im lacking loads of sets like these for my new park and I was wondering also if you know where I can find that rapid on invisible track CTR?
Thanks Pricey! And of course - the jeep (if it's what I think you mean) comes from Pat's Statues, and the water tower comes from MGP Barns2009, and for the rapids boats on the invisible track, use my tutorial here.

ryanyoxall wrote:
Rollermad wrote:
When is a update ?


When captain wants to do one.

Be patient, perfection takes time.
:P Ha thank you, but I am by no means perfect. There are flaws all over this park. But hopefully this will do for an update until I can get more done.

All WIP - you can see vast amounts that is unfinished. If you see anything you don't like or that could be improved, please let me know.

Mystery Mine is nearing completion, even if the surrounding area is nowhere near finished. Many thanks to StationJimJr for the diagonal catwalk stairs and other wooden pieces. Here are some rough overviews:

Image

Image

Image

Image

And an area complimenting the American Midwest ghost town surrounding the abandoned mine has started to come together:

Image

It features a family tracked ride around the farm area:

Image

Image

As well as an Intamin flume ride in a new lake, which features a vertical lift through a barn shared with the tracked ride:

Image

General nice shots:

Image

Image

Old Spice kindly lent me the Beta for his new B&M Invert CTR.

Alpengeist trains (which will be permanently used for the park):

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Generic:

Image

Montu:

Image

Shark:

Image

Black Mamba:

Image

Hope you like.
Last edited by captain on Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
RyanY
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 872
Joined: July 2011
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Santa Clara

Sat May 19, 2012 7:18 am

The level of detail still manages to blow me away. Well done. :D

The Generic Inverted car suits the ride best in my opinion.
 
Dingerbell

Re: Santa Clara

Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 am

I just have to say, this is probably the best RCT3 I've ever seen. The detail is so engrossing and accurate, that real theme parks don't come close to the theming shown here. There's so much going on, looking at the 2nd picture in particular, it's just filled with epicness. I just love the lilypads in the lakes- they just prove the attention to detail shown- and how it all interacts with each other- just like a real park.

I think the red track would look really good, as it would contrast heavily against the theming.

Only criticism, a flat is needed desperately to fill in between the coasters and soak up some of the queue's.

Well done, I will be looking at this long into the future.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 24 guests