UK theme parks from another point of view!

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Nolimits 2 Updates

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 am

Last edited by Wildboy on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nolimits 2 update June 17th 2013

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

I can't wait for it to come out and I hope its soon as its the only thing keeping me from buying the original no limits

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:43 pm

:shock: that...LOoks INCREDIBLE

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm more interested in "95% complete". Release summer / autumn ?

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:51 pm

RELEASE DATE: 10th JANUARY 2014
With the advent of NL2 literally around the corner, I'd thought I'd make a megathread for it so we can contain all discussion and WIPs and such in here rather than having a thousand threads asking the same questions.

CONFIRMED NEW FEATURES:
  • Uses a new node system, meaning that track and track types (eg lift hill, transport, station) are entirely separate
  • Has new combs to visualise G forces and speed
  • Several new coaster types, such as the B&M Dive Machine, B&M Flyer, S&S 4D coaster, Arrow Suspended Coaster, and a plethora of new wooden coaster types
  • Options for transfer track and extra train storage - Lifts and freefall drops are planned in the updates!
  • Brand new terraforming, 3D object, lighting and scripting options allowing a new level of detail in tracks
  • "Park" style system, allowing multiple coasters to be present in the same simulation at once
  • Extensive support system allowing a greater level of configuration and customization

That's not even everything.

Youtube Clips:

"Stations" Video
Highlights Video
Editor Preview
Scripting example "XCar LED"

Two versions will be available : Standard and Pro.
Pro will be considerably more expensive than standard*
Pro contains all the features standard does, except has options for hi-res screenshots ( suitable enough for posters) and advanced video rendering options
Users who OWN a copy of NoLimits 1 will receive a discount on NL2*

* By how much is unknown

Discuss your ideas, and when NL2 is released, post your creations and WIPs in here!

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Just saying, I already mentioned the release date on the OTHER NL2 topic, but no one showed ANY interest.

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nolimits 2 Updates

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am

Busch, a mod moved my topic into a post here.. for some odd reason without telling me. Didn't mean to mention twice as I didn't expect it to be here!

Thought making NL2 crap into it's own thread would reduce the amount of threads made about it... but meh

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Fair enough. My apologies.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfI1-9hu1h0

Totally not the final coaster style to be announced for NL2 :P

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Sorry, can't access youtube, what is it? And if possible, could you maybe post some screenshots of the video showing anything of interest or importance? Cheers.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Buschgardensfan wrote:
Sorry, can't access youtube, what is it? And if possible, could you maybe post some screenshots of the video showing anything of interest or importance? Cheers.

They have done a recreation of Blue fire from Europa park and shows you basically how it works.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Buschgardensfan wrote:

It shows off the Mack Megacoaster which was the last coaster to be announced for NL2 for the release :)

The new NL2 website is here: http://www.nolimitscoaster.com/020NoLimits2/index.php

The demo has been released and the full game will be released in a few hours :D (but not on MAC! :x)
Last edited by Jack on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Roughly an hour ago, the purchase and demo links for NL2 were released.

BUY HERE
NL2 costs £30.70 and is 625 odd MB so it may take a while depending on where you live.

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:09 am

I'm assuming nobody has bought it then?

The most major change IMO between NL1 and NL2 is the actual track creation. Instead of using nodes that tween between each other, it now uses a totally different system by tweening in the middle of nodes, rather than between them

surprisingly this makes hand building rides INCREDIBLY easy as there are virtually NO pumps in the tracks.
Another interesting thing is that track style, type and rotation and handled using nodes rather than segments ( this makes life a hell of a lot easier).
it allows you to put catwalks and such on normal track, and the roll nodes even have a "no lateral G" option, allowing your coasters to be as smooth as you wish.

Loving it so far, it's certainly different to NL1.

You also have to "Freeze" tracks in order for supports, tunnels, and other stuff to be drawn. You can still test the coaster in wireframe mode however
Before Freezing
after freezing.

It's well worth the £30 guys
Last edited by Instant Mix on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm getting the pro version for my birthday (a month tomorrow), and my best friend's already got it. We converted my Smiler recreation into NL2 and OH MY GOD is it awesome.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Can I ask, is the professional really needed. Like can someone tell me what I could use on the pro that I couldn't on the normal one? I've seen the website comparison but not too sure what that means. Thanks :)

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:39 pm

DannyG wrote:
Can I ask, is the professional really needed. Like can someone tell me what I could use on the pro that I couldn't on the normal one? I've seen the website comparison but not too sure what that means. Thanks :)

Don't get pro. There is literally no reason to get pro.

There are only 4 things that pro does that standard doesn't ( for the extra $40)
1. Allows you to "lock" your park ( so people don't unfreeze your coaster and see how you did it )
2. Allows you to change friction settings on rides (dunno why you'd want to do this )
3. Allows you to take super hi-res screenshots (as in hilariously high resolution, suitable for wall graphics)
4. Allows you to take super hi-res videos

Unless you have an extreme need to do the above, don't get pro. It's not worth the extra $40 for a couple more features.

Some screenshots of my dive machine:

JAMMYD777
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:32 pm

I finally, after hours of trawling through coding, managed to make a custom scripted coaster to include a backwards reversing section. The ride is inspired by both Juvelen and Thirteen and a test POV can be seen below. Now to work out how to script scene objects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQKjahZmO8#ws

Joshysqaushy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:34 pm

JAMMYD777 wrote:
I finally, after hours of trawling through coding, managed to make a custom scripted coaster to include a backwards reversing section. The ride is inspired by both Juvelen and Thirteen and a test POV can be seen below. Now to work out how to script scene objects.

Do you know how to make a backwards launch?? im trying to make a recreation in NL2 of this coaster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=168mCdq8NIg
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-R-f-2wp74
UPDATES: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=37998&start=40

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Joshysqaushy wrote:
JAMMYD777 wrote:

Do you know how to make a backwards launch?? im trying to make a recreation in NL2 of this coaster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=168mCdq8NIg

Josh, look at the scripts for the wooden coaster in the "Script Park". That coaster launches back at a speed - i'm sure you can tinker it to suit your needs.