UK theme parks from another point of view!

VOTE CLOSED

Poll runs till Mon Jan 15, 2057 12:52 am

VOTE CLOSED
No votes
VOTE CLOSED
No votes
VOTE CLOSED
No votes
VOTE CLOSED
No votes

Total votes: 0

Tom.B

Oak Tree Hyper Park (RCT3 Updates)

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:11 am

So, looks like a new theme park is coming to the local area. It's name is Oak Tree Hyper Park.
It is in the presence of the old gardens, but the land has been expanded to allow for the rest of the theme park to go in.
It seems as though you have to walk through the gardens before arriving at the main entrance.
Part of the main street has come into place, and the two toilet blocks have recently been installed.
Last edited by Tom.B on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom.B

Re: Oak Tree Hyper Park (RCT3 Updates)

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 am

MAJOR UPDATE

To start with, main street has been extended in a very short amount of time!
A new pond has been added in the shape of a cross, with 4 fish fountains. They do like their fountains here, don't they!
2 Fast Track stalls have been erected, which indicates that there may be 'big' rides to come in the near future.
Also, on main street, there is a big fenced off area, of which we have confirmation that a small flat ride will be going there!
And on a final note, lights have been put up all over the park and gardens, which shows that the park is likely to be open late into the night.

I don't know when the next updates will be, as I've been very busy lately, but hopefully we'll have some tomorrow!

Tom.B

Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:36 pm

UPDATE
So, the small flat ride has been put into place and is up and running. It happens to be the spinning teacups!
Main street has been extended to the left.
A building and cat walks have been erected for the new ride.
The new ride has been revealed to be a mine train coaster, and construction work has already begun on the track.

Tom.B

Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 pm

There's not been many updates lately, as not much work has gone underway.

That being said, the new mine train coaster has had it's track completed, the construction vehicles have gone, and we have managed to get an exclusive picture of the ride in testing!  :D

Tom.B

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:19 am

Another HUGE Update is Here!!!

To start with, scenery has been added to the mine coaster, including trees, cacti, fences and western people, as well as having the ride fully open to the public!

ORPs (On Ride Photos) and ORVs (On Ride Videos) stalls have been added as you exit the ride.

On the other side of the path, a queue is in place, for a mystery flat ride. We have confirmation that it will be more for the thrill seekers, will have a western theme, but we have no idea what it will actually be!

On a final note, the staff at OTHP have announced that there is a secret to how the park will be navigable, and that they are the first theme park in the world to introduce this method. Hopefully we will have more information in the coming updates!

Tom.B

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Updates to the park today include...

The new flat ride (TNT Vortex) has been installed and opened to the park guests.

Signs have been added, saying "This Way Please". Could this be a teaser to how the park will be navigable?

And finally, benches have been added so that people can have a bit of a rest!

They are also themed around the areas that they are in!

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:44 pm

This is a lovely park well done

Tom.B

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:30 pm

altontowersbarlow wrote:
This is a lovely park well done

Thanks. Please keep following the updates, as things will get a lot more thrilling! I am aiming to finish the park by the end of the summer holidays. It's a little project for me to keeps busy!

Tom.B

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 am

It's update time!  :D

So, a big hole has been dug out and has been filled with water. A queue and what looks like a station have been added to this lake.

Also, the track has arrived for a currently nameless ride. It is going to be an inverted water coaster!

And finally, the park will be revealing the mystery to how the park will be navigable in time for our next update, so watch this space!

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:51 pm

hello nice update by the way. But could you tell me how to find the on ride photo shop please thank you

Tom.B

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 pm

altontowersbarlow wrote:
hello nice update by the way. But could you tell me how to find the on ride photo shop please thank you

Hi, glad you like the park! It's not actually a ORP/ORV shop. If you have wild, go to Shops & Facilities > Stalls > Custom stall with billboard.

I made the ORP/ORV sign on Keynote (Mac) and then cropped it to fit the size of the board!

The click on the stall, and go to Sold items > Select stall type > Souvenirs. I chose souvenirs as they only sell postcards, which look vaguely similar to the shape of real on ride photos!

The same thing applies for the fast track stall!

Hope this helps.  :help: O:)

Tom.B

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:21 am

So, the new inverted water coaster (Roller-Soaker) has had it's track complete, opened to the public, and has ORP/ORV booths etc. added.

Also, a connecting walkway has been added from the western themed area to this lake area, with themed lights and benches, and toilets!

And the mystery to how the park will be navigable:
It will work in a 'tour' kind of fashion, and in sort of a '2 Way System'. For example, in each area, you can either go forwards to the next area, or backwards to the previous area. They will not be able to go to areas in their own order. The 'tour' will start in the western area, and end up back at the tea cups, after completing a full circuit of the park!

This will probably become more clear in the coming updates, when the path will get extended!

Tom.B

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:46 am

UPDATE

So, a new area has been added leading on from the Roller-Soaker. There are sandy footpaths, with beach theming. (Benches & lights.)

Also, there are lots of missing spaces. This looks like flat rides or mini coasters will go here.

Tom.B

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:34 am

UPDATE

The beach themed area has installed and opened 5 new flat rides! They are:
  • The Twister
  • Meteorite
  • Thunder Bobs
  • Disko
  • Sky Sling

The pathway has been extended from the beach themed area, but is currently a restricted area, as it is not joined up to the current path.

And finally, a big construction area has been added which will be home to the park's first major ride. We have confirmation that there will be a World's First element, but we have no idea what it will be, so watch this space!

Tom.B

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:24 am

New Update

So, some track has gone into place for the brand new coaster! However,  large gap has been left out, suggesting that this is where the 'World's First' element will go. I'm sure that we'll find out more information soon!

As well as that, the foot path that is pictured in the previous update has been demolished, possibly so that the queue line for the new ride has more room to extend!

Last edited by Tom.B on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom.B

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:33 am

UPDATE

So, yesterday, more track for the new coaster was erected, and an inversion has been thrown into the mix!

Also, what looks like a lim launch section has been added, very close to where the 'World's First' element will be. Could this be a hint?

Tom.B

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:02 pm

HUGE, MEGA, UPDATE

To start with, as usual, more track has been added to the new ride. It's really coming together and looks extremely compact!

Also, the name has been revealed for this new attraction: Momentum! Could this be a hint to what the 'World's First' element will be, and explain the launch system?

As well as that, the entrance to the park has undergone a makeover, and has been revamped. It looks much more professional with the ticket offices and gives a warm welcome to park guests!

On a final note, a park banner has been put up on the way into the new entrance, saying "OTHP  ---  WELCOME  ---  OTHP"...

...and "OTHP  ---  GOODBYE! HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME!  ---  OTHP"

Tom.B

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 am

Update

The track for Momentum has been fully completed, apart from the 'World's First' element, which is still to be erected, and what's more, revealed!

As well as that, the queue and station building have been built and ready for the ride's opening date! (24/07/13)

JackoCoasterMad
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:29 am

Well done! Very well themed park- it's a lot better than I've ever done! :D

Tom.B

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:28 am

JackoCoasterMad wrote:
Well done! Very well themed park- it's a lot better than I've ever done! :D

It's a lot better than I've ever done, too!  :D