UK theme parks from another point of view!

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

TT- Designs a Ride - Group 2

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 pm

So if group 2 are interested I've made this group to discuss all ideas/suggestions etc etc

Are we going for large spacious coaster or indoor coaster or tight looper or woody?

I've now got no limits so can do some form of layout design and can do smoothing to a certain extent however I  useless at the terraforming as I've only had it for about 3 days haha done some simple spinners and woodies and finished my first inverted coaster today inspired slightly by Nemesis :)

So discuss away :)

And if you're group 1 you better not be reading XD  I take competition very seriously ;) XD will try I show a few pics for inspiration in my next post :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TT- Designs a Ride - Group 2

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:37 pm

So my preference would be a sit down rather than an inverted, not a eurofighter. I think a good idea would be to include airtime with a small amount of inversions so we hit both thrills. Any ideas on what type of ride?
I'll be working with phild94 with the track layout. I'll be using rct3 and as he has said hell be using no limits

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:22 pm

i can do sit down with airtime relatively well... still getting to grips with inversions but NL has some standard ones which i can tweak and am slowly working my way around the software... here are the plans for a woody I made a few days ago..... no inversions just plenty of speed (until near the end where it really does lose momentum but i will be able to tweak the end layout a little)

Top View:

Side View:

View from above the lift hill end:

i have done a standard air time woody too alongside an inverted coaster but this is my favourtie espcially seeing as it's my first :)

For a POV i shall point you to the No Limits - Your Random coasters topic :)

EDIT: Rather than double posting thought i'd ask this here..... What's our height limit and is there anyone in our group who can use the terraforming software?

Also are we going family friendly theme or something more.... sinister  :twisted:
Last edited by Phild94 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:50 pm

After some practice I would be very happy to create a eurofighter if that's what the group chooses to do. If you know your definitely part of the group can you please post here with what your doing please
Thanks

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:33 pm

I am liking your designs there Phil, what area of the park are we designing for?
With thanks to lewis97 :)

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:20 am

I was either thinking a replacement for spinball or possibly somewhere net to duel possibly in the area with the disused queueline area... Make it a family thrill style ride (like Th13teen but more compact) and if I had to choose a particular ride style I feel very confident with woodies and could possibly go for something along the lines of an inverting woody coaster? Would be an interesting addition to Towers.... Maybe themed something towards having to escape through the woods from whatever has escaped the Haunted House similar in essence to Th13teen again by teme wise could be interesting to follow up on it a little haha

Could then have indoor sections where you pass through a trommel tunnel or something of that nature to try to tie it to the HH a little or another idea entirely :)

I don't know I will chat to Danny regarding layout and design so we can get a good concept for the layout at least :D

EDIT: I can generally rattle off a decent layout and 90% smooth coaster in about 3-4hrs providing I have the time so if we have some decisions by Monday I will make a start on layout or in aliasing a design we can come up with :D

OHHHH DOUBLE EDIT: How about we consider using something similar to The Smiler regarding a first drop into an inversion on a woody :D that could be interesting :D
Last edited by Phild94 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:01 am

Rather than triple edit i had a new kind of concept ... i don't mind doing steel by the way before i post this i just seem to have became wrapped up in a concept XD SORRYYY

A duelling woody featuring 3/4 inversions with 2 stations... i could make a good attempt at this later today possibly or as said before i am free most of monday to make a good start on it ... i was thinking something along the lines of compact woody with a duelling heartline section to look like a double helix (smiler concept art inspired)

Either way i will keep thinking and post if you come up with any ideas and i will look into what i can do :D

The only thing i would have to ask not to do is a multi-inverter seeing as inversions i am still improving on :D

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:17 am

Seems like this is a topic amongst myself :D XD ahh well I have decided that I'm going make the layout for a woody with 2/3 inversions with a small pre-lift hill section :D

This should give a bit of oomph to the ride :D

If people want to start coming up with theming that'd be grey... I will try to keep this as compact as possible so it will fit on both Spinballs current location or in the woods to the left hand side of duel :)

Alternatively I may also try my hand at a sit down inverting coaster much like corkscrew except if possible smaller but more intense :D

Theme wise well that's up to you really :D choose where you want the ride and we can work from there :D

Oh by the way if we're going for realism I can do some amount f steel supports but am yet to find the time to do full custom woody supports :/

So yeah I will design both with a small pre-lift section that can be either outdoors or underground and will make a start from there at about 9ish tomorrow morning :D hoping to finish a rough concep for both tracks by 4pm :)

I hope to hear fr someone in the group before then :D

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:51 pm

woah woah woah, what happened to the original topic? Why wasn't I assinged to a group? Que?

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:58 pm

OK then :D 2 woodies and a spinner later I've came up with some layout concepts for you to take a look at and see what you think works and what should be ditched (threw the spinner in there in case we decided to just redo spinball) all of these should fit somewhere in the park and we can try to put them wherever

Please ignore the hoorrendous catwalks and some dodgy supports obviously i haven't custom supported these and figured i wasn't going to do so until a design was chosen :)

I must warn you this is a VERY picture heavy post :)

Woody 1 - Self Duelling

View from Lift Hill end

View from the Lift Hill looking back toward the ride

View from Back end of site looking towards lift hill

View of the latter half of the ride

Woody 2 - With inversions (a heartline and dive loop) This mainly consists of a long pre-lift section anything in tunnels is just plain track :) and once again please ignore the nasty supports XD

View from station looking towards first drop into heartline

Heartline Roll

Looking back from the Lift Hill

Drop after Lift Hill

Dive Loop

Banked Turn into Helix

Rest of layout

Woody 3 - My original one in case something can be stolen from this :)

Looking down the layout

Banked turns

Helix into another banked turn

Final section of ride

and FINALLY a spinner just a few pics from this in case someone was more interested in these layouts :D

Looking up the lift hill

Looking across from first turn

Same view but closer in

Layout from over-banked turn end

Ok then so any suggestions? any particular favourite? i can easily tweak the designs and support structures :)

PLEASE feel free to comment and suggest (any ideas towards a theme and/or name would be much appreciated too :) )

EDIT: Instant Mix feel free to join our group :) and i will ask MaseyG if he wants to go in the other because he was asking about joining in the group in the dragon bar
Last edited by Phild94 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm

I am liking these :) sorry I haven't been on the last few days been very busy
With thanks to lewis97 :)

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Are there any elements that you like in each design? I can try to merge them together to come up with the best design possible :D alternative which of the 3 do you prefer and how could I adapt it to make it better :D

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Could I possibly be in charge of theme and naming?
Last edited by Owen on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 pm

There doesn't seem to be much need for me so ill let you get on with it. Although ill still support group 2 :)

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:19 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
There doesn't seem to be much need for me so ill let you get on with it. Although ill still support group 2 :)

SORRYYYY XD I was just trying to get a few concepts together if you wanna create some layouts  that'd be great and we can try to combine them into a true monster of a coaster XD

Alternatively if you do want to swap with Thrillmad you are welcome and we can do a huge group TT project in the future :D

And Thrillmad if he does wish to swap of course you can help with themeing and naming the ride :D
Last edited by Phild94 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Can I do theme?

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Maybe if thrillmad does the theme ill create like the backstory like the MoJ with smiler? Unless he wants to do that too then that's cool

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:39 pm

I would be more than happy for people to join the group but my only issue is that the other group may see it as cheating :/  any comments on layout though? Will be back online about 10ish tonight and may be able to do some more layout type of stuff tomorrow morning :)

TheBoyWithOneEye
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:32 pm

How dare you be cheatin' !!!!!!  :twisted:

Im joking :P

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Right ok ... someones gonna have to make a start on a theme i've decided on a layout which includes several inversions and is going to be a steel coaster due to lack of time for supports :/

I was thinking something like Cobra or something for the name because i was thinking about throwing in a duelling cobra roll if i could :)

Something revolving around a wild west theme maybe or something similar? possibly call it Naga Ashei which is the latin name for the spitting cobra :) or Bi Naga Ashei as explained below

if someone can make any wild west sketchup designs something like a saloon or similar for the station a few cacti ( this would go great to the left of Duel and could kind of link to Katanga Canyon as if they've set up a village there and there was a legend of a 2 headed cobra towns symbol could be a staffs knot (image below) but with the ends as cobra heads with full hoods to them sorry for not posting for a while ... this week has been ridiculously busy XD

So that pic but with cobra heads instead of rope ends (Ties well to Staffordshire and KC and well it's what i came up with as i typed this :D)

Please reply ASAP i don't have google sketchup and unfortunately can't use the terraformer in the slightest... will hopefully finalise the track and supports tomorrow with an auto gen terrain which will obviously be themed as a wasteland :)