UK theme parks from another point of view!

cool_boy_jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Selwyn Denstone Hills- RCT3

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey Guys!

I feel like I've put up loads of my work in progress parks and forgotten or given up on them! So here's another one! Hopefully I wont forget about this one and bring regular updates to you all.

The park's called Selwyn Denstone Hills. I know its a mouthful but it resembles the school I go to and the house I'm in! :)

The entrance still needs touching up and I'll be working on a logo soon! I know it's pretty much the same as Alton Towers' entrance, but I liked the idea!

The entrance fountain:

The park's first cafe:

The Park's first coaster "The Trikster" is a small Gerstlauer euro-fighter:

And the park's first major "investment" is a mega coaster called "Plunge"

All feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!
Last edited by cool_boy_jon on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing I like better than roller coasters,Alton Towers, Towers times and Theme Parks is HARRY POTTER, yes, I am a Potterhead and proud of it! :)

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Selwyn Denstone Hills- RCT3

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Amazing! Assuming you used shyguys Main Street roof spires for the entrance booths, I would advise putting the trim piece and maybe railing onto it, as it looks a bit blocky and bare at the moment, other than that looks epic! :D trikster has an amazing station, great supports and a great layout. Plunge also has great supports and a great layout, though have you used the same footer piece for all the supports on it? It looks like that, might just be because they are angled supports though :) but overall, I love it! :D

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:38 pm

I like it! :D The Trikster looks great  :)

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:40 pm

This looks amazing! Looking forward to future updates, and there's finally another potterhead on TTF!
Previously known as Coastermadpearce.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:42 pm

This could easily become the best RCT3 park on here! Please continue this project :)

LoopyDan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Looks amazing at the moment, can't wait for future updates  :D

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:29 am

The trickster is one of the best roller coasters I have ever seen made in rct3. I will definitely be following this park :)

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Altontowersbarlow wrote:
The trickster is one of the best roller coasters I have ever seen made in rct3. I will definitely be following this park :)

Its a CT, just letting you know ;)

This park looks good up to now, can't wait for more updates :)

cool_boy_jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:16 pm

NickiFan wrote:
Altontowersbarlow wrote:

Its a CT, just letting you know ;)

This park looks good up to now, can't wait for more updates :)

Haha, yep. You're right! I was surprised how much praise I got for that coaster. I was gonna tell you all it's a CTR!  :)
The only thing I like better than roller coasters,Alton Towers, Towers times and Theme Parks is HARRY POTTER, yes, I am a Potterhead and proud of it! :)

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Would anyone mind sharing where I could find the CT

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:41 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
Would anyone mind sharing where I could find the CT

http://173.254.28.127/~realtyco/realtyc ... ew;down=24

cool_boy_jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the delay, since i've been at school i've been really busy. A frustrating thing about boarding is that the internet is really slow and most of the websites that i use are blocked. But every now and then they randomly become unblocked! Yay! So now i can continue!

Therideman11 wrote:
Amazing! Assuming you used shyguys Main Street roof spires for the entrance booths, I would advise putting the trim piece and maybe railing onto it, as it looks a bit blocky and bare at the moment, other than that looks epic! :D trikster has an amazing station, great supports and a great layout. Plunge also has great supports and a great layout, though have you used the same footer piece for all the supports on it? It looks like that, might just be because they are angled supports though :) but overall, I love it! :D

Thanks! I've spiced the entrance up a bit as you'll see below! I have actually used the same supports for Plunge throughout the ride, as i thought it looked too inconsistent. I'll try changing them around sometime just to see how they look!

lf2001 wrote:
I like it! :D The Trikster looks great  :)

Thanks, but as mentioned above it's a CT!

Coastermadpearce wrote:
This looks amazing! Looking forward to future updates, and there's finally another potterhead on TTF!

DannyG wrote:
This could easily become the best RCT3 park on here! Please continue this project :)

LoopyDan wrote:
Looks amazing at the moment, can't wait for future updates  :D

Altontowersbarlow wrote:

Thanks, you guys! This really has given me a moral boost!

Firstly, here is the entrance again with just a few differences from last time.

Here is another flat ride called Wailing Wave:

And, a few quickshots of new stuff around the park:

And, finally, an overview of the park so far:

Thanks!

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 pm

I was referring to the footers, as it looks like you have used the same positioned footer for all the supports, and the footers look a bit off-centre

But dat entrance...
Last edited by Fish777 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool_boy_jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Therideman11 wrote:
I was referring to the footers, as it looks like you have used the same positioned footer for all the supports, and the footers look a bit off-centre

But dat entrance...

Oh right, yeh, ive tried all the different positions but it doesn't seem to fit the support exactly! I reckon it's because the supports are angled! ;)