UK theme parks from another point of view!

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Could anyone help with my Park? (RCT3)

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi so basically I've been playing RCT3 for ages and I've decided to take on a proper park challenge, Starting from when the park opened. I have done this twice before, but my mock scenario was that a theme park company, Wicked Witch Entertainments (named after the Pendle witches, as that's where I'm from) who already own a chain of theme parks, have decided to open another park and already have large amounts of funding behind them, therefore the park sort of went straight to being large and well developed.

I want to start a park from scratch, maybe the first park WWE opened. This means obviously that it will have to start off small and grow over time. I'm going to play with money rather than unlimited funds, so that I cant cheat.

What I need help with is:
=what kind of rides would the park start with
=how much, if any, theming would a small park invest in
=should there be a roller coaster when it opens, or should I wait a year or two
=and other suggestions of things like that.

Here's the back story,
Wicked Witch Entertainments currently run 3 bowling alleys, a cinema, 2 ice rinks and a large children's indoor play area, in and around East Lancashire. The company have sold the cinema and Children's indoor play area to help pay for their new plans, a theme park.

As they are named after the location of their current venues, I figured it would be okay for the park to be an hour max away form the area.
=So how much averagely would the have, money-wise,
=and what setting/restrictions could the park have.

Any help would be really helpful, as I would like to focus my attention on one park now, rather than starting news ones.
Thanks

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Could anyone help with my Park? (RCT3)

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:31 pm

It's so exciting hearing that there's a new park coming to the forum and I can't wait to see how it goes :)
Tips:
Start off with a second hand, small yet thrilling roller coaster. Like the Schwarzkopf coaster that I've just added to my park.
Add lots of small thrill rides and attractions.
Minimal theming, instead of having themed areas, just themed certain rides.
Try and start off with more kiddie rides and get more thrilling rides as the park grows.

Good luck :)

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:47 pm

okay, cheers. I've done the entrance, but I'm not sure if it's to elaborate for a starter park. I'll post a pic in a bit.
I've decided for the location to be to be in Lakeland. The park is located on the side of a lake in a flat plain. It's called Lakeland Peak.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:15 pm

So here is the entrance from inside the park.

And here is the entrance from outside the park.

Any constructive criticism would be grateful. :)

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:20 pm

A very good start! Really like the entrance :)

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks. I'll begin on the rest of the park and hopefully get another screen shot up tonight, if not tomorrow for sure.

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Great Entrance can't wait to see this park grow and expand

Just wondering how do you get the entrance points?
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Maybe consider downloading some building mods aswell.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Inferno Attractions, Do you mean the green Arrows, or the gates to the park??

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:52 pm

stealthsmiler wrote:
Inferno Attractions, Do you mean the green Arrows, or the gates to the park??

The green arrows

Inferno Attractions

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:16 pm

So as I've been playing with money, here's the park with the £15,000 spent as well as a £2000 loan. WWE at the moment are focusing on getting in attractions rather than creating an experience with good theming.

Heres the parks only roller coaster, Red Streak. It's a 20 year old, second hand Vekoma Corkscrew coaster. With a max height of 70ft, and and excitement rating of 5.

Heres some of the parks flats.
Aladdins Journey - A second hand Zierer Magic Carpet Ride.
Bumper Bouncers - Dodgems, bought new for the park.
Round Racers - A second hand chance Carousel.
VUE Super Cinema - A 2D Cinema, ran by VUE cinemas. It shows animated films such as Toy Story, Shrek and Monsters Inc.
Ferris Wheel - A second hand Zierer Ferris Wheel.

Go Karts - Go Karts bought new for the park.
Sea Legs - A second hand Huss Octopus ride.
Twizzler - A second hand Mack Tea Cups ride.
The Swinging One - A second hand Weber Inverting Ship
Slip'N'Slidin - 2 spiral slides and 2 giant slides.

So that's the park currently. Again constructive criticism welcomed.
Last edited by stealthsmiler on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Inferno Attractions, when you go onto custom scenario editor, if you click on scenery, theres a small icon with park gates (I think it looks like a rocket, red and silver) That allows you to change the parks entrance to various different entrances (Ive got CS turnstiles, hidden under the entrance building). Along with that is the guest generator arrow.

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:27 pm

stealthsmiler wrote:
Inferno Attractions, when you go onto custom scenario editor, if you click on scenery, theres a small icon with park gates (I think it looks like a rocket, red and silver) That allows you to change the parks entrance to various different entrances (Ive got CS turnstiles, hidden under the entrance building). Along with that is the guest generator arrow.

Thank you that has helped me a load

Inferno Attractions

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:34 pm

So a few in game years have passed, and the parks first themed area has been officially opened. This has resulted in the rename of some rides, the removal of some rides as well as new additions. WWE are now focusing on making the park look impressive, even though there are a small amount of rides. This is including the construction of a small gardens, where guests can go to relax and escape the noise of the rest of the theme park. The gardens will also become the centre of the park, with all themed areas coming off of it. Big development plans are coming soon, with the park having it's first development plan that lasts 5 years.

Pics soon to follow, and any suggestions are welcome. (As you can tell I've had a bit of time on my hands this is due the the college hours this week so the foundation for the park should hopefully be done relatively soon)

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 pm

So, Heres the full update.

The new themed area is pirate themed and is called Pirates Castle. The new area sadly means we see the removal of Twizzler and Go Karts after 3 short years!
Ride renames include:
=Slip'N'Slidin renamed to Scurvy Slides
=The Swinging One renamed to Blackbeards Revenge
(Sea Legs kept it's name)

It also sees the introduction to two new rides, A water coaster named Me'Arties and an Intamin Giant Gyro Swing named Bermuda Curse. The most obvious addition though is the construction of Pirates Castle, which features a dining area in it.

The construction of The gardens, has also lead to changes around the park. These include the removal of the path between the toilet block and Sea Legs, as the entrance to Pirates Bay now comes off the gardens. This subsequently means the queue line for Ferris Wheel has also been altered. The construction of the gardens has also resulted in the relocation of Bumper Bouncers.

The Development plan

The 5 year development plan will see the entrance to the park go through an overhaul. This will include:

=The relocation or removal of all rides outside of Pirates Castle, except for Round Racers and Red Streak.

=A new station for Red Streak that looks more permanent and has the entrance and exit to the ride located on the other side of the station.

=Another small themed land located inside the footprint of Red Streak which will have 1 Flat aimed at 16-24 year olds and 1 flat aimed at 11 and under. Red Streak will also receive an overhaul to fit in with this new area.

All plans submitted have been approved.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Well, unfortunately the files corrupt and the back up isnt working either so I will have to start again, it isnt much of a problem as I wasn't thrilled with how the park was turning out.

it will be under a new thread titled after the park, so this one can be locked etc