UK theme parks from another point of view!

Silic
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fallgate Park

Thu May 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi all,

Bare with me as this is my first time on Rollercoaster Tycoon3 (with all expansions). however, after reading and seeing a fair few of the theme parks i have decided to come up with my own park and story behind it all which will unfold here! this hopeful will keep me involved with the game and pursue the final results i want, which is a fully functional amazing theme park!

So here it goes.

Back Story

08/05/2014

Planning application received from Crystalwilde ltd for permission to build a theme park on the grounds of lordale (west wildemead). Theme park will include 1 rollercoaster, 2 gentle rides, various food stalls and car park to hold a maximum of 100 cars. Main source of transportation to park is to be the use of park and ride system already established by the county of wildemead. Est cost of construction £550,000.

Yellow - small attraction proposed placement
Red - Car park
blue - Rollercoaster Placement

The Company

Crystalwilde ltd is a spin off company from the well renowned merlin group. This company was formed early 2014 by one of the lead rollercoaster designers for Alton towers. Believing he can create a theme park on his own, this designer M Brookes has submitted planning permission to start the construction on the lands of lordale park. The theme park will be named Fallgate Park in honor of his two instructors who taught him everything about rollercoaster design. Ian Fall, and Patrick Gate.

Below is a quick screenshot of the parks iconic lake scene into the mountain side.

More updated once planning permission is approved and construction can begin!

Jevaaaans
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Fallgate Park

Fri May 09, 2014 7:39 am

Wow this looks amazing already! Loving all the little details in the plans. Hope this works out for you :)

Silic
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 11, 2014 7:21 pm

So the planning permission was granted by the local council and Fallgate park is welcomed to the community. There was a little hindrance with the permission being with the car park being built a bus terminal must be built to accommodate the extra commuters.

Mike Brookes said this in the interview
I was astonished that the planning application was accepted in record time, however with the new bus terminal addition has had a major hindrance on my budget, meaning either the landmark rollercoaster or some small rides may need to be put on the back burner until next financial year. Construction is under way and the park should be open in the next few weeks!

Here are some of the construction photos being published:

Park Entrance:

bus terminal:

Silic
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Just another photo snapped by some construction worker working on the smaller rollercoaster.

Blackbeard's Revenge:

M Brookes gave this response when asked why did he decide to place the roller-coaster here instead of the planned area?

I decided to change the placement of the signature roller-coaster in the park to next to the main entrance due to the money issues. The park itself has cost me a fair amount, and i couldn't dig deep enough into my own pocket to fund a massive roller-coaster at this time. This is due to the fact I have had to spend out more than i planned on the councils request for a massive bus terminal.

I am hoping soon i will be able to build the spectacular coaster which i want for the park. But, like most things in life, sadly this all depends on how much profit is made in the first quarter of the parks life!

Worst comes to worst, I could end up shutting down the park if the quota doesn't come in...

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 11, 2014 10:58 pm

That's a strange looking boomerang!! And I think I like it :)

Silic
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon May 12, 2014 12:43 pm

I was going for a small compact roller coaster which didn't use up too much space. One of my main points was to not conflict too much on the surroundings.

The roller coaster starts off with a free fall backwards turn to the left bringing it out and away from the station for the reverse incline.

From the station i decided I would swap the usual high banking 0G corner for the unusual half corkscrew left followed by half corkscrew right, then down into a double corkscrew to bring it into the boomerang return slope.

Same design as usual, but with a unique twist :) we will see what comes from the future developments for the park, if the manager can afford it... I hear he's having money issues currently and he doesn't know if there will even be a park soon.