UK theme parks from another point of view!

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin
Topic Author

Tom-TT's RCT2 Park Madness

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 pm

So I'm sort of reliving my childhood presently for an unknown reason.
Anyway, thought it would be worth sharing some of my creations with made up stories behind them, because why not.

These are in no way particularly ambitious parks but just thought it would be interesting to follow the scenario development without using any custom scenery or modding etc.

I decided to start with pretty much the first park in the scenarios, Electric Fields.

We bought the park in 1980 and quickly added rowing boats, a Huss Pirate Ship, a generic Twister ride and installed a dodgems ride within a pre-existing barn.

Later in the season the parks first roller coaster was installed a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop.

Fast forward a couple of years and we have made our biggest investment yet, a Vekoma Corkscrew roller coaster, also the Pirate Ship has been temporarily relocated in preparation for a large development coming in 1984.

In 1984 we set about creating Pirate Bay, this involved enlarging the existing lake and relocating the Pirate Ship now known as "The Galleon". As well as bringing in two new rides, "Shipwreck" a Weber Dream Boat and "The Lighthouse" a helta skelta. We also constructed a custom Zierer custom family roller coaster called "Broadside".

Anyway hope you decide to keep track of this and maybe you can come up with some ideas of what you want to see added!
I will probably post up some of the more custom stuff at some point too.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Tom-TT's RCT2 Park Madness

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 pm

I look forward to seeing this park grow! :)

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin
Topic Author

Re: Tom-TT's RCT2 Park Madness

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:46 pm

So, I got a bit carried away! :P

So in 1986 we added the Lakeside Gardens, with a few of the more gentle attractions for our younger visitors. We also completed some civil engineering works for a large investment that we will be making in the coming years.

In 1989 we unveiled our largest investment yet, an entirely new area of the park "Devils Canyon". Featuring an Intamin Rapids ride and a Mack Powered Mine Train.

Yet again a big investment in 1992, another previously undeveloped area of the park has now been turned into "The Jungle", the first phase of this features a CCI Wooden Coaster, an S&S Space Shot and a Monster Truck ride. Plus the relocated Twister ride that has been in the park for some time now.

In 1993 phase 2 arrived with an Intamin Log flume and a haunted house.

So yes, slightly got carried away!