UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 270
Joined: August 2017
Location: Near Mutiny Bay

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Hotels! we need to be able to make resorts! Even with my freakishly bad building skills!
Image
 
User avatar
Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 56
Joined: September 2018
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Planet Coaster

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi, I'm looking at getting Planet Coaster, seeing as it's on sale, but I don't know what GPU I should use. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
 
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1125
Joined: April 2018

Re: Planet Coaster

Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Htjc_ wrote:
Hi, I'm looking at getting Planet Coaster, seeing as it's on sale, but I don't know what GPU I should use. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

The minimum specification is for a very old budget graphics card, so in theory any graphics card from the last three years should run at above minimum standard.

Of course the more complicated the park you build, the more demanding it will be, but that will be mostly on the processor and there are in-game settings you can change to help prevent these issues. :)
Image
 
User avatar
Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 56
Joined: September 2018
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Planet Coaster

Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:21 pm

I currently have a Vega 8 integrated GPU from a Ryzen 3 2200g. This was released earlier this year and can run some games quite well. I hope this should run alright as long as I turn down the guest count quite significantly. Thank you!
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
 
User avatar
Jack
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1411
Joined: December 2012
Location: Solihull

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:30 am

It is worth noting that Planet Coaster is deceivingly demanding. I'm running a system with a Nvidia GTX970 GPU with an Intel i5-6400 CPU and this will struggle with more densely populated maps in Planet Coaster, for reference :)
Image
 
User avatar
Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 56
Joined: September 2018
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:49 am

Jack wrote:
It is worth noting that Planet Coaster is deceivingly demanding. I'm running a system with a Nvidia GTX970 GPU with an Intel i5-6400 CPU and this will struggle with more densely populated maps in Planet Coaster, for reference :)

What settings and resolution do you use? I'm definitely going to have to turn them to as low as possible for any decent gameplay. Our CPUs are quite similar in power but your GPU is obviously way ahead of mine so I might be able to keep a few guests in the park as that seems to be a CPU limited factor.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
 
User avatar
Jack
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1411
Joined: December 2012
Location: Solihull

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:21 am

Htjc_ wrote:
Jack wrote:
It is worth noting that Planet Coaster is deceivingly demanding. I'm running a system with a Nvidia GTX970 GPU with an Intel i5-6400 CPU and this will struggle with more densely populated maps in Planet Coaster, for reference :)

What settings and resolution do you use? I'm definitely going to have to turn them to as low as possible for any decent gameplay. Our CPUs are quite similar in power but your GPU is obviously way ahead of mine so I might be able to keep a few guests in the park as that seems to be a CPU limited factor.

I would recommend just wacking it on medium settings and seeing how it runs to begin with and tweaking the settings when you know what's up. As long as there aren't 2000 odd guests that should be Ok, I've found it's heavy scenery that's most taxing :)

EDIT: My settings depend on the map I have loaded. For example if I were to load one of the really detailed parks people have made I'd lower my settings massively, but if I was to load an empty park I'd go to high settings just to enjoy it while I can :lol
Last edited by Jack on Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
 
User avatar
Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 56
Joined: September 2018
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:23 am

Jack wrote:
Htjc_ wrote:
Jack wrote:
It is worth noting that Planet Coaster is deceivingly demanding. I'm running a system with a Nvidia GTX970 GPU with an Intel i5-6400 CPU and this will struggle with more densely populated maps in Planet Coaster, for reference :)

What settings and resolution do you use? I'm definitely going to have to turn them to as low as possible for any decent gameplay. Our CPUs are quite similar in power but your GPU is obviously way ahead of mine so I might be able to keep a few guests in the park as that seems to be a CPU limited factor.

I would recommend just wacking it on medium settings and seeing how it runs to begin with and tweaking the settings when you know what's up. As long as there aren't 2000 odd guests that should be Ok, I've found it's heavy scenery that's most taxing :)


Ok, thank you!
EDIT: It played at 4 fps with a small park at 720p lowest settings and no guests... Luckily steam has a refund feature within two hours of play time so no harm done. If anyone is thinking of playing this with low end hardware I'd warn against it.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
 
User avatar
Sozzy40
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 64
Joined: August 2018
Location: On a woodie

Re: Planet Coaster

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:40 pm

This is the name of one of my vendors. Quite funny:
Image
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
 
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1125
Joined: April 2018

Re: Planet Coaster

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:53 pm

To coincide with the opening of Copperhead Strike at Carowinds, the ride is being officially added to Planet Coaster as a free update. This will be the second officially added rollercoaster from Cedar Fair, with Steel Vengeance having been added last year.



It's a shame Merlin haven't picked up on this. An official Merlin resort park content pack would be great.
Image
 
User avatar
Sozzy40
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 64
Joined: August 2018
Location: On a woodie

Re: Planet Coaster

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:43 am

This looks good! They also announced a 'Classic' pack, like the Magnificent Rides collection only I think this is free... I think
Can't wait!
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
 
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1125
Joined: April 2018

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:36 pm

So this just appeared in my inbox...

Image
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2209
Joined: June 2009
Location: Lincoln

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:59 pm

I’m liking the look of this!

It will definitely be finding it’s way to my laptop when it’s released :)
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Sozzy40
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 64
Joined: August 2018
Location: On a woodie

Re: Planet Coaster

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:31 pm

You beat me to it!
I think the reason theyre doing it is because they kinda want to add a zoo expansion pack to Planet Coaster, but a lot of people are making animals on the Themakers Toolkit, so it would be irellavant. It's also using the same style as PlanCo, but PlanZoo has some upgrades
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests