UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kaycee

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:08 pm

LOL those damn hobnobs have about 84 calories in them EACH and I polished off AT LEAST 10 of them after my day's food... doesn't sound like a very effective diet tbh hehe. Ah well, we can all slip up.

Hobbes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:14 pm

Without slip ups life would be extremely boring. What would we laugh at? Sheep? :P

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Aarrghh confused! Just back from the gym, had a great workout. :D If i worked it out correctly iv managed to work off all my calorie intake for today, but.... I weighed myself this morning, and then again just at the gym, the gym scales are telling me i'm 9lbs lower, so i just weighed myself on my home scales, and i'm the same as the morning, so which scales do I trust. :? My scales at home only cost me £3 (on a budget), so i'm a bit iffy about them...and not just for the fact they tell me i'm 9lbs heavier lol.

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 pm

"Kelly" wrote:
so which scales do I trust. :? My scales at home only cost me £3 (on a budget), so i'm a bit iffy about them...and not just for the fact they tell me i'm 9lbs heavier lol.

I would trust the ones at the gym. As I have found out, the ones you can buy for use at home are never correct, no matter how much you fiddle with them! :P

The scales at the gym will be looked after better than the ones at home, and hey probably cost hundreds more.

Joel

Thu May 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Meh, had an interesting day. Thought my willpower was strong, but turns out its not quite so strong ;)

Customer services had great pleasure of informing me again that they'd received 2 free boxes of Kripsy Kreme doughnuts from the delivery driver again this morning.

Damn them. They know I love them, so damn much, and they came to find me and tell me about them knowing that I love them so much too.

I managed to ignore them all day, but then it hit about 1.30pm (I have lunch at 11.30am, as I start work at 6am) - I was down by Customer Services, and they kept teasing me with them still. I felt so hungry then, and craved it so badly... so I gave in :(

Good news is that its still gone on my "budget" for today, and Im not doing tooooo badly with it. Im also off to the gym this evening, and have a nice baked potato, tuna and salad for dinner also.

But still, angry at myself for not resisting it anyway, it would have been 5.5 points that I could have spent on something else more filling to be honest :(

I guess the anger is motivation not to do it again. Theres plenty better treats out there for that amount of points that would satisfy my need for something naughty and be more filling!

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 04, 2008 11:31 pm

Argh!

Starting to loose that all important motivation. Haven't been feeling well over the past few days, always gets me down, and i'l resort to food, or staying in bed! But ugh I don't want to! I want to go to the gym, but its closed tomorow.

This week is going really slowly too now that i've decided my 'weigh in' day in wednesday, when im used to weighing myself everyday, getting annoying now, as I have no idea of my progress, except for a slightly firmer stomach, and the appearance of rib/collar bones.

I need some motivation!!! :( And it hasn't even been a week! I hate illness :( :x

Joel

Tue May 06, 2008 6:15 pm

Ok, yay, had my weigh in this morning (albeit a day late), and woohoo....

-5lbs!

Rather happy with that, particularly screwing my diet up on Friday evening with a curry.

So to celebrate, I'm off to the gym again this evening LMAO! :lol: :D

Hobbes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 07, 2008 10:29 pm

Congrats Joel! Great stuff!

Aah curries are fine. Much like hobnobs! ^.^

Kaycee

Fri May 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Well it seems despite the Hobnobs (and pigging out to the max over Bank Holiday weekend :P), my quest to lose weight '08 has been successful as my doctor today strongly recommended a halt!!

I went to see him today about something unrelated, and as the appointment came to end and I was about to get up and leave, he suddenly asked me to get on the scales!

So I did, then he took my height and entered both values into the computer and it started flashing up underweight and he told me whilst I'm not dangerously underweight, I definitely shouldn't be looking to lose any more.

Apparently it's a two stone weight loss since the last recorded measurement taken two years ago.

So yeah. :| To be honest, I was quite shocked and like I said to him - I didn't think I'd ever hear that from a doctor again in a month of Sundays and underweight is not something I'd describe myself as.

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 09, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm actually quite shocked how quick my bodies reacted to me eating less/differently. I snacked properly yesturday for the first time, because of going to a friends BBQ, and ever since i've felt sick to the stomach, came out with a temperature and had to go back to bed. Im not saying its definately a cause of a change in diet, but feeling so sluggish, and the 'wrong' time of full was horrible. If anything its given me a push to continue!

I weighed myself on tuesday and i'd lost 4 lbs :) Not massive, but hey its a start. :) I still have 3 months left to my holiday and I will fit back into my size 8 jeans lol.

Oh i've also heard going in a sauna helps water weight loss? Is there any truth in this?

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 09, 2008 10:53 pm

"Kelly" wrote:
Oh i've also heard going in a sauna helps water weight loss? Is there any truth in this?

Isn't it some kind of quick fix thing. You loose weight, but you also loose water, but soon as you drink water, you put it back. :?
Never understood the point tbh.

Down 2 more lb this week. :)

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Tempoarly, it may cause weight loss but as your body needs x amount of water youll only put it back on again.

Last summer whilst working my ass off at work then going to football I was sweating like a pig. I weighed half a stone less when I got home on a night time however once I rehydrated I went back to being the same again.

Still Every Thursday and Sunday I felt like a Helium balloon.

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 12, 2008 11:36 pm

Soo..those who are going to the gym and paying good rates and really trying might hate me after this... :P

For the past 8 weeks I have been working for Betterware, walking around 10 hours a week in my joband around 2-3 hours a week in general, which equates to 12-13 hours per week. For the past 8 weeks, despite saying I would cut the crap out, I have lost 8 pounds, without even stopping my normal eating habbits. I'm talking Magnum ice cream, pastry, cholate, ice pops, diet cola (ok, diet cola is good anyway), chips, pizza, burgers, steak, fish (fish is good for omega 3 though, but the batter still adds to the fat).

Soo yeah...I think i'll really try eat good stuff for the next 7 days and see how much I loose. :P

Oh yeah, and I'm now down to 15st, 8 pounds :D

Kaycee

Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 pm

The heavier you are though, the easier it is to see a difference when you make a slight tweak to your diet. You may have lost 8 pounds just from walking a few more hours a week, but someone who weighs say, 10 stone, isn't going to lose that much from simply extra walking.

You'll reach plateaus very quickly with tweaks to your diet/lifestyle, but as long as you keep adding those tweaks, the weight will keep coming off, so I imagine you'll see even more weight come off with a diet cut down slightly in saturated fats, then reduced further after that weight loss plateaus. :D

Once you hit a certain level of weight though, it does take more than walking. :( I have been walking the two miles home from work several times a week for months now, and although it worked at first, there were very quickly no more changes, so the gym becomes necessary to shock your body further.

You're doing it well and sensibly though, the weight will come off slowly, just keep making those change to your lifestyle gradually and it won't seem like too much effort. :D

Joel

Tue May 13, 2008 1:27 am

-2lb this week for me. Woo yay, go me :D lol!

Which means this week I qualify for my first little -7lb star from WeightWatchers. Yay, go me again! :D

lol :D

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 pm

After not going to the gym last week due to a big major exam taking up most of my days and nights, and then giving into a Mcdonalds, I was sure i'd put on weight, but just got back from the gym and im happy to report i've lost a further 2 lbs :D

Its not huge, but every little helps!

And I can definately feel my overall fitness improving from going to the gym.

Only downer i've had is that i still bought a skirt a size to big just incase i put on weight again, need a bit more self confidence.

I do have a question about workouts though, do anyone know whether its better to do weights then cardio...or the other way round. I've tried finding out on the internet, but its all really conflicting. :?

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Yay go Kelly. :D

Well after thinking I've done pathetically this week i have lost another 3lb so that brings me to 14stone 9.5lb. :)

Lost a grand total of 3stone now. :D

I'm sure this week though with exams and revision it will take its toll on the exercise but I'm trying to stay on top of it.

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 19, 2008 7:22 pm

"Thomas" wrote:
Lost a grand total of 3stone now.

Wow!

Well done Thomas thats ace! :D

Hobbes
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 19, 2008 8:47 pm

3 stone!! zomge! That's incredible, my congratulations to you sir. =D

IronDan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Losing weight seems really hard and I think people who do it have real strong willpower!

3 Stone is a huge amount, congrats!