UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Champions League 08/09

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:21 pm

The group stage draw is at 4.30pm today which i'll be tuning into.

Shame Liverpool managed to scrape their way in last night, I really hoped the other team would win.

They're also doing some awards for best Goalkeeper, defender, midfield, forward and player overall with 17 of the 20 nominees being from English clubs lol. Can only see Cristiano getting best player overall and forward to be honest though lol.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Moley

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:15 pm

It's a good job Ronaldo won the award, I was sat here thinking we hadn't even taken part never mind won the thing last season!

Gutted we didnt get Kiev for family reasons but I'll gladly take Celtic and hopefully we can give them a thrashing to get revenge for them beating us the last time.

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Group A:

Chelsea
CFR Cluj
Roma
Bordeaux

Group D:

Liverpool
Atletico Madrid
Marseille
PSV Eindhoven

Group E:

Man Utd
Villarreal
Celtic
Aalborg

Group G:

Arsenal
Porto
Fenerbache
Dynamo Kiev

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Quite an interesting group, I look forward to it! Might try and get tickets for the home game against Celtic or Villareal.

And how the f*ck did Terry win best defender!!!? Especially over Ferdinand and Vidic. Honestly don't understand that at all when Terry was a big reason why Chelsea didn't win it. Absolute sh!te.

Anyone else see Ronaldo have to stop himself laughing. My guess is that he was laughing at the seriousness of picking up a plastic ball and passing it to the guy announcing teams lol - more a choir than privelidge for winning an award. I like the way he corrected the awards aswell by saying he is a winger, not a forward so to win the award for forward is fantastic :lol:.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Moley

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:34 pm

I had a bet on John Terry falling over when picking up the award...

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:53 pm

Wingers are forwards though so he didn't correct anything.

LiamSAFC

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:01 pm

"Disco Ball" wrote:
Wingers are forwards though so he didn't correct anything.

Only someone from Liverpool could possibly say that, as the dippers have legends such as Kuyt.

*Just Joking, but in all seriousness Wingers are hardly forwards.

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:06 pm

I'd hardly class Kuyt as a legend :wink:

In my opinion attacking players who play in the top third of the pitch are classed as forwards. For example our formation last season was:

-----------Torres
Babel----Gerrard----Kuyt

I'd class those four as forwards, either though (in theory) Babel and Kuyt are wingers.

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 pm

Oh no, not man utd again :P i hate these "battle of britain" games makes me so damn nervy.the last man u games were great 3-2 man utd and 1-0 celts but i spent the games hiding behind a pillar in the pub. if i remember rightly it was just a man u onslaught that we weathered extremely well.

but since 2 years ago i think man utd are a most improved side well champs of champs cant say more than that. i don't think the current celtic squad will fair quite aswell as they did 2 years ago. but its a funny old game and i hope we might snatch something.
villareal are a top side to but doesn't hold the same worry of a man utd doing.

im hoping for 2nd but expecting 3rd id like to see us getting to the quarter finals this year bettering our last 2 trips to the last 16.

in the end its just a game of football, jumpers for goalposts, small boys in the park......(*any fast show fans still out there?)..

cant wait

let the games commence :D
[

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm

I think Liverpool will struggle in their Group.

PSV Eindhoven, Marseille and Atletico Madrid are all very organised and determined sides. Marseille and PSV have great defensive stability, and I think Liverpool will find it tough to break them down. Atletico are very good in the final third of the Field, and will test Pepe Reina in Goal.

However anything can happen, so we'll have to wait and see!

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Chelsea look good tonight. Great worked goal for malouda for thier third.

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Should've won the game easy with golden chances from Tevez and Evans. Also how the linesman missed 2 clear trips on Park in the area i'll never know.

Ah well. First game. Celtic drew aswell so no worries. :)

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Moley

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:53 pm

RESPECT!

...beggars belief.

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Was it nice to see Ronnie back?

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:27 pm

I was cheering and applauding him at the tv when he started warming up and came on. And am also wearing my Ronaldo shirt. I think I was happy :P.

BRING ON CHELSEA!

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:28 pm

And what about Gary Neville :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moley

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:18 pm

Always great to see Red Nev in a United shirt, didn't think he was too bad considering the amount of time since he's played a competitive game. He'll have to do something special to keep Brown out the team though, the Orange One has been a revelation there!

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:16 pm

*Groans at the celtic result........humph
[

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Well Everton drew 2 a piece tonight. Not over the moon with the result, especially letting in to **** away goals. We perked up abit in the second half, they didnt really create alot and we began to control the game.

Castillo capped a superb preformance with a cracking goal. Arteta looking good and seems hes finaly over his injury that effected him so much last year.

Hopfully we can get a couple of goals in leige or the win.

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:47 pm

"Gashead" wrote:
Well Everton drew 2 a piece tonight. Not over the moon with the result, especially letting in to excrement away goals. We perked up abit in the second half, they didnt really create alot and we began to control the game.

Castillo capped a superb preformance with a cracking goal. Arteta looking good and seems hes finaly over his injury that effected him so much last year.

Hopfully we can get a couple of goals in leige or the win.

Standard Leige are a very good side mate..
They were very unfortunate to be beaten by Liverpool...
I am not sure if Everton will get a result in Belgium...
I hope they can though... 8)
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]