UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Champions League 08/09

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 pm

"Moley" wrote:
Carvalho > Terry any day of the week!

Totally agree 100%. Carvalho is by far the better defender. I'd rather Terry played than Carvalho.

Luke

Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:06 pm

That's your opinions though, which is what football is about. I personally think Terry is better than Carvalho, and a much more influential player. Nevertheless, Chelsea still have a top class defence, and it is going to be very hard to break down. :)

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm proud to be a Liverpool fan.
This time 2 hours ago I was resigned to being out.
At half time I still didn't think we could do it.
We nearly did it and we kept going until the very last second.
We wouldn't have won it with Gerrard playing so that isn't a valid reason for the loss from anyone.

OK we're out but Chelsea aren't going to win the cup, there are too many better teams than them left in the competition (Man United and Barcelona).

Like the commentator said: "Liverpool fans don't need to be given flags, they bring their own"

YNWA

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:47 pm

What a game! I thought we may just nick it at the end in true Liverpool style! But I am not disappointed, we had to come back and we put up a real good fight tonight!

:clap: :clap:
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

chr1s
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:54 pm

"Disco Ball" wrote:
We wouldn't have won it with Gerrard playing so that isn't a valid reason for the loss from anyone.

OK we're out but Chelsea aren't going to win the cup, there are too many better teams than them left in the competition (Man United and Barcelona).

Like the commentator said: "Liverpool fans don't need to be given flags, they bring their own"

YNWA

I couldn't agree anymore, I'm so proud to be a Liverpool fan too!
Pepsi is better than Coke!! \":P\"

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:59 pm

I just wanna echo what Disco Ball said. Last week I went back upstairs at 70 minutes because we'd lost, but this week I had faith in Liverpool and we almost did it. Chelsea won't win it (imo) and I hope Barcelona really take it to them and show them who's boss :D

Luke

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:01 pm

"Disco Ball" wrote:

Certainly agree with that!

Seeing those Chelsea fans waving their crappy flags around really must be quite cringeworthy for some of thir fans. But we cannot be bitter about the final result - overall, Chelsea deserve to be in the Semi-Finals.

One thing I don't agree with a lot of people on though is this mentality that Barcelona are going to wipe the floor with Chelsea, or even Liverpool had we have gotten through. I actually fancy Chelsea's chances against Barcelona, but I really hope Drogba is injured for the game's so that he's not rolling around like an idiot all game!

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 pm

A really good game from a mutual's perspective!

There were wonderful periods of play from both Liverpool and Chelsea - including the two breathtaking free-kicks which were scored!

I couldn't really give a hoot as to who would go through in the end, but I felt desperately sorry for Liverpool when Lampard scored Chelsea's fourth. I really envisaged them going on to win it - in true Liverpool fashion!

I'm sure the semi-final between Chelsea and Barca will be just as thrilling :D

Jakob
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Brilliant game! Thought at half time Liverpool could snatch it, but it wasn't to be. Liverpool played really well, but Chelsea seemed to just come back without us knowing what had happened. But as others have said.. the game made me proud to be a Liverpool fan.
It'll be interesting to see who wins it now, theres some good teams in the mix. Barcelona anyone? :D

Moley

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:40 pm

"Luke" wrote:
I really hope Drogba is injured for the game's so that he's not rolling around like an idiot all game!

Erm...nice, I guess we'll gloss over the dive that got Ashley Cole booked and suspended from the Barca 1st leg.

Great game, more than made up for the footballing coma's of the past few years.

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 pm

"chr1s""][quote=""Disco Ball" wrote:

YNWA

I couldn't agree anymore, I'm so proud to be a Liverpool fan too![/quote]

Me too.. 8)
They gave it a good go..

Defeat but no disgrace..!
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

Luke

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 pm

"Moley""][quote=""Luke" wrote:
I really hope Drogba is injured for the game's so that he's not rolling around like an idiot all game!

Erm...nice, I guess we'll gloss over the dive that got Ashley Cole booked and suspended from the Barca 1st leg.

Great game, more than made up for the footballing coma's of the past few years.[/quote]

Yep Arbeloa's was a dive, only one though for us tonight. How many times was Drogba on the floor? It really does ruin the game!

Can't wait to see how many times Ronaldo tumbles tomorrow!

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:26 pm

"Luke""][quote=""Moley""][quote=""Luke" wrote:

Great game, more than made up for the footballing coma's of the past few years.[/quote]

Yep Arbeloa's was a dive, only one though for us tonight. How many times was Drogba on the floor? It really does ruin the game!

Can't wait to see how many times Ronaldo tumbles tomorrow![/quote]

It will be another classic game tomorrow night thats for sure..
Ronaldo falling over.. :clap: :clap:

I will be counting now.. :lol:
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Aaaaaaaand here we go again with the Ronaldo 'b...b...b...but he does it too!'

You should of heard Alan Green, when it's Chelsea it's a dive, with Liverpool it's a foul lol
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Alan Green is clearly a biased commentator, but its just one of those things.

There is no point though, for every commentator against a team there is one for the team.

Every club will think there is a pundit against their own team.

Drogba dived but so did Arbeloa. So does Gerrard. So does Ronaldo. ITs pointless arguing about it, every team has divers in and anyone who says they don't needs to look at matches from another perspective.

I never mentioned in my previous post that it was an epic game of football. O'd love to be a neutral watching it. I hope tomorrows matches will be just as thrilling.

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:25 am

Yeah every club has there divers and it does ruin the game, there's just too much of it now. Also, just on the subject of things wrong with the game, keepers are given way too much protection :P.

I'll take a 4-4 draw tomorrow :P
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Luke

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 am

"Danzaw*nk" wrote:
Aaaaaaaand here we go again with the Ronaldo 'b...b...b...but he does it too!'

I honestly don't believe that is the case at all. If we were all honest about it, the league has two serial diving offenders: Drogba and Ronaldo. This is because they are the two players who constantly dive ie every game.

As I've already said in previous posts... Chelsea edged the tie of two legs, so this isn't me saying "their diving has lost us the game", and yes Arbeloa did go down too easily, but I ask you honestly now, did you see another Liverpool player go down easily tonight, compared to the Chelsea players? I felt that after the referee awarded us the penlaty, 80% of the 50-50's went Chelsea's way, and a lot of them were poor decisions. I'd love to see the free-kick stats for the game, but they don't seem to be available at the moment.

Moley

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:03 pm

"Luke" wrote:
If we were all honest about it, the league has two serial diving offenders: Drogba and Ronaldo.

...don't forget one of the biggest hypocrites ever to 'grace' football.

Luke

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:41 pm

"PETER MOWBRAY" wrote:
I will be counting now.. :lol:

Yes, you'll probably lose count to be fair though pal. :lol:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irIhuA3_TGY&feature=related" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irIhuA3_ ... re=related[/url]

From a Pompey fan too... did Ronaldo get the gold?

:P

Moley

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 am

Liverpool fans commenting about diving, nice to see irony isnt lost on them.

Finally a decent, all be it heart wrecking, away performance in Europe this season and Ronaldo's goal was just a little bit special aswell!
Looking forward to the semi finals now, hopefully I'll be able to get to both legs [-o<

Viva Ronaldoooooo!