UK theme parks from another point of view!

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Your username

Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Thought this might be an interesting thread as we have some intriging usernames aboard Ship TTF!

Basically you tell us where your username came from and/or if it has any meaning!

Mine's pretty simple, I needed a name for my at the time website and I wanted a easy to remember url. Hence freewebs.com/nickt04* was born! Nick is my name, the T the first letter of my surname and 04 was the year at the time. I was going to change it to NickT05/06 every year, but didn't quite enjoy the same ring to it as 04!

So, how about you lot?

*don't bother visiting that, it doesn't exsist no more!

Rowe

Re: Your username

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Well first I was BiancaLizz.
Bianca meaning 'white' in Italian, and Lizz being my nickname at the time I registered, being short for Elizabeth as part of my whole name, Rowena Elizabeth White.

But then I changed it to Rowe to be a little more simple, and since I decided to let people call me Rowe/Rowena again.

That's basically it.

I find it amusing at when people ask what my real name is, :P

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Mine goes back to another forum I used to be on. I can't remember which one it started on but basically I signed up as "Nemesis Fan", because I like Nemesis (I know imaginative :lol: ) and went by that name until I forgot my password (I was 12 at the time :oops: ) so re-joined under "Nemesis Fan 2" which obviously was irritating for forum members to write, so it got shortened a majority of the time to Pete for those that know my name, and NF2 the rest of the time.

Later again the forum I was on shifted servers and all the members had to join again, and as I was sick of the long title and all the members knew me as NF2, I just adopted it as my permanent username. To maintain continuity between forums I use it anywhere possible now, so joined TTF with it after several years of reading but never responding.

I've gone through several topical usernames on other forums dependent on what I was interested in at the time, some of which were a load of gibberish that nobody could really understand the link to, so decided to stick with NF2 as my username rather than confuse people with something rediculous like MW_IAFS_06, which was along the lines of one of my old usernames when I used to post on Coasterforce, IIRC :lol:

James
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Spooky, I was thinking about a topic like this today...

Right, Back in 06 when I joined TTF for the first time I was known as 'ATMad92' which basically meant:
AT= Alton Towers.
Mad= I'm mad about Alton.
92=The year I was born.
Joined them together: ATMad92

I didn't last long on the forum and just stopped coming on here but kept browsing on the forums.

Then this year decided to come back on TTF. Now my current Username, Jlton. It's very simple really. My real name is James and I just used 'Alton', got rid of the 'A' and replaced it with the first letter of my name 'J' and then Jlton was born :twisted: .

DiogoJ42

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Well mine is pretty simplez:
Diogo is my first name (the Portuguese version of Diego), J is the initial of my surname (Jennings) and 42 is the answer to the great question of life, the universe and everything.

Luke

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Well my mine's fairly simple - Luke is my name. I'm not very creative and I just thought it would be much less hassle than having to think of something interesting!

Years and years ago when I first signed up for ATA it used to be LLCorkscrew (standing for LongLiveCorkscrew), although that's going back to about 2001 - bet none of you remember that! Don't think that username would be much use anymore!

[Archive]

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:13 pm

I actually have no idea where my username came from. I'm certainly not called 'Bill'... my real name is Peter. Oops, wasn't meant to say that...

I chose to call myself after that skeleton bloke guy in Duel, whom I am quite intrigued by. At some point in time, he was nicknamed 'Electric Bill', but I don't know if this is the doing of John Wardley or not. I've also heard him been called 'Skeletan Bob', but that's rubbish!

Electric because, in the ride, you see him pull a lever on an old-fashioned power box which shuts of the lights into darkness. Bill because it's a pun.

By the way, it's really interesting to read about other member's names. Good topic!

Moley

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:26 pm

I've had a few in my time on here.

If I remember right I signed up as Ben-HTFC (Ben being my name and HTFC being initials of the mighty Hednesford Town Football Club)

Then I changed it to Moley89, with Moley being my nickname and 89 being my birth year. Since then I ditched the 89 considering I hadn't seen a Moley on the forum before! :P

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Gloomy Dude, Gloomy Wood. I like a good pun.

I'm not gloomy at all really. Just a big, fat, bouncing, happy enthusiast :)
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:25 pm

Alton_Towers_Rules.. or something. Banned :lol:
Xx_King_of Speed_xX
Burn.e
JerMain.e
Lewis
Sir John Talbot 8)

:lol:

Kaycee

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Kaycee - obviously my name! If I had a more common name, I might have been a bit more creative. An alias I do use on the Internet sometimes is Trixie Firecracker. This comes from my idol as a pre-teen - Ginger Spice - and her alias on the Spice Girls' 'Say You'll Be There' video. :)

So I use that where 'Kaycee' is taken, and use my name when it's not. :)

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Joe Kaz

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Well original AirWolf, which was a TV show, which ran during the 80's I think. :? It was the AIR at Alton Towers as well even though I originally wanted to join as Air Raider. :P
Then in early February, I re-named myself as Koopa-Troopa, the turtle army from Mario games, don't know why but AirWolf was boring me for some bizzare reason.

I'm Joe Koopa on most forums know, but don't want to change it on here because I already have and haven't even been a member a year. :P

So Koopa-Troopa. :D

rightbackgranty
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:22 pm

All started when I wanted to get a hotmail account many years ago. I used to play left back for my local football team, and it was a long running (bad) joke that I played left back because I was "left back" in the dressing room. I added that to my nickname (originating from my surname Grant) - and hey presto, you have my username.

Apart from the fact that in my excitement over setting up a hotmail account (I was young, bless me...) I accidentally used rightbackgranty instead of leftbackgranty

Its stuck ever since! Have tried to change it several times, but I've always thought that rightbackgranty has suited me :) Been the same name since I got hotmail in 2001, and the same on every forum I've ever registered with!

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Some interesting stories here! I know how you feel mate, I used to be a left back, and telling any girls where you played always resulted in the smart remark of "oh in the changing rooms?" Thankfully since I have since moved to being a right back/goalkeeper =P

And Kaycee, I don't blame you for just using your name, it's one of the coolest girls names I've ever come across!

TurboJ
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm a life-long fan of Sonic the Hedgehog. It started with the games, then the cartoons, and now... back to the early games again - anything post-2001 I don't play. Being the nerd I was, I came up with some unoriginal fan characters about 5 or so years ago, one of them being a green hedgehog named Turbo. The connection with the Sonic universe more or less died, and he just became a character that happened to be drawn in a StH style.

The 'J' has had a bit of history. Originally it had absolutely no meaning at all, other than it had a nice ring to it. Then one on of my Youtube videos, someone made the strange suggestion that I was called Jules, simply because in the video someone was reading a Jules Verne novel. I later decided that Jules was the middle name of Turbo.

On some accounts my username is TurboJUK, with the UK thing being obvious as to what that means. You may find someone called TurboJUSA - that's not me. That's a fan of my videos who keeps asking me to visit him. In Seattle, Washington. Sorry kid, not gonna happen.

chr1s
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Mine's an easy one, my name is Chris, so use to having Chris taken on boards that I simply replace the i with a 1 and it tends to work a treat. if chr1s is taken I also use Lockie83, Lockie being a nickname of my surname and 83 the year I was born! :)
Pepsi is better than Coke!! \":P\"

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm using Disco Ball for no real reason.

My normal username for t'internet was taken when I originally registered.
I just randomly thought up Disco Ball, bit of a rubbish username really but I don't fancy requesting a change.

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:59 pm

danzaman123
dan05
Danzaw*nk

:P

Changed from danzaman cos I think Adz binary coded me and I was a lil spammer, as many new members are when they first join :P. So yeah, got a new account as dan05 then Gashead or Marky came out with Danzaw*nk at a meet and so just stuck with that since. Ignore the stories Gashead claims my name came from haha, bullshitting **** :P
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

SAM93

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:55 am

Firstly, this is a really interesting topic so thanks for making it!

Right...

My real name is obviously Sam but I orriginally wanted to join as Sammy, as that is what quite a few people call me. However this was taken, and so was Sam...

So I just choose to add 93, my birth year onto the end... On some other sights which I am a member of, I can be found under the name Sammy08. 08 being the year in which I joined.

I was also considering registering as Max, as this is what my mum wanted to call me. But I thought this would get too confusing!