UK theme parks from another point of view!

hawkeye
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Your username

Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:26 am

Well i am named after a Marvel Comics character.The character first appeared in Tales of Suspense #57 (Sept. 1964) and was created by writer Stan Lee. When i was young i found a box off comics at a car boot and that comic was in the box and i loved the name i used it as my name for Laser quest and it has been my nick name ever since.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:32 am

When I first joined back in 2007, I was rob 92, as my name is Rob, and I was born in 1992, nice and simple. Then at the opening meet this season Spike said about changing my username to Rob, which is what I did. There was already a memeber called Rob, but they hadn't posted or been online for years, to they became Rob., and I was Rob!

:)

Hobbes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Hobbes is my internet name, (not Hobes grrr).

I've named myself after the tiger in the very successful 'Calvin and Hobbes' comic strip, Hobbes in the strip is quite similar to my own personality.
Also, the famous philosopher Thomas Hobbes, influenced my way of thinking when I was a young child.
Plus it's monosyllabic, always a bonus during gaming sessions.

Plus Hob-Nobs are awesome.

Invie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Short for the Latin "Invictus".
Which is ironically, one of my favourite poems and describes me perfectly apparently, haha.

DiogoJ42

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:26 pm

I thought that was the motto for Kent? :lol:

cubwolf

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Mine was/is my handle on CB Radio and yes i am that old. Got my first CB in 1980 long before the internet was about to chat people up :wink:

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:28 pm

errr nick name from Robot Wars to be fair.... think it came from i was/am the youngest member of the crew, yet do quite a big important scary job at Robot Wars, so some of the crew called me Mr Stu. LOL dunno ... but yeah it's been my nick name for about 5 years. And yeah ovs my name is Stuart so Stu for short, blah blah....

DiogoJ42

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:00 pm

You worked on RW? That makes you soooo cool!
When I joined the BBC I was very disapointed to find I wouldn't be working on that show.
What did you do exactly? (I'm a Lighting and Vision Controler... see the what's your job thread for details)

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Yeah i saw you work for BBC in that area.

When it was with BBC i worked as a techie back stage... making sure things work, show flowing, robots ready, drove the house robots, helping other teams and running around with the show manager to sort stuff out, and call medical a fwe times. LMAO!

I had to work close with the lighting people to let them know whats happening next and so on.
Yeah the guys said doing the lighting and visions for Robot wars was by far one of the best shows to work with on the team - i got a go on the control desk, was scary lol.

Though a fair few cameras were smashed and some techie crew got hurt lmao - it was a Dangerous job to be fair, well only if your not careful or common sense to be fair. I had to train a few people up to work around the arena/robots... and still do now.

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Robot Wars still going?

When I was about 12-13, I briefly had an art teacher who claimed to have designed Sir Killalot. I assume he meant the exterior shell and not all the...magic stuff 8-[
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride

Mike
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Hmmm....not sure where mine came from :P

I've never been overly creative with usernames on the internet. I mostly use Mike1901 (was originally known as that here too) with 1901 being a member of my familys birthdate (19th Jan) - dunno why I originally used it but the name stuck! On here it's been gradually simplified to MikeW then Mike :)

My first username on the web though was crazymadmike, which I registered on lego.com when I was about 5! Perhaps the most apt name for me even now :P

Thanks to Ian for the sig!

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Haha snap Mike , i never been creativ with names... ive left it to other people lol.

Gloomy Dude, yeah it still going on live tour round UK, and i used to drive Sir Killalot sometimes :) Oh and i was on the Pussycat team. meh. Good old days.

DiogoJ42

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm

My G/f and mine's second ever date was to go and see Robot Wars! It was the 'extream' special show at Elstree. the highlight was the 'Flipper frenzy' match, and all the fliping robots ganged up on Sargent Bash, and got him out of the arena! :mrgreen:

Jedi
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am

I like Star Wars.

A lot 8-[

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:14 pm

I like Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. So, if you combine the two then there you go.
It could have also been TowersPark (but that's rubbish)
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Stigz'y is my username everywhere and is actually my real nickname (other than stigz without the 'y'), but I'm not exactly 100% sure where it stems from. I seem to recall my dad and I having some random chat about dinosaurs one day with a stegosaurus being brought into the conversation. Then for some reason I'm sure he started calling me Steggy. I assume it was because of my spikey hair resembling the spiky things on a stegosaurus though am not too sure, so don't quote me!

Then somehow, steggy morphed into stiggy to which my mates, again somehow, managed to catch wind of! It remained stiggy all through secondary school and my real name was unheard of except for registration! Then at college with new people, new friends, stiggy changed into a mix of stigz or stigz'y and has remained the same since! My actual proper 'IRL' old school mates who didn't go to my college still call me stiggy! But Stigzy is dying off I think, because there is a new one on the horizon. My close cousins daughter who is aged 4 can't seem to get my real name right and calls me Ethan! Would you Adam and Eve it?! Now my family are also reverting to this new nickname...

But Just to add more confusing fuel to the fire, my work chums call my Clarkey :shock:!What can I say?! I’m just a man of many names! It’s just getting quite confusing remembering them all, and r.i.p. to my poor old real actual Christian name!

Rathaus
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:48 am

I use "leetspeaker" because when i used to play MMORPGs i gained the skill of speaking in leet. Now i use "leetspeaker" on just about all my forums, even though i rarely ever use the language itself.

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:31 pm

I forgot to add to my original post that on some rallying/motorsport forums I am known as Nick McRae. The Nick being my name, the McRae a referance to my idol, the late rally legend, Colin McRae.

I'm also South_Bank_Molineux on BBC 606 :P

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:37 pm

I originally came onto this forum as 'PinBall'. I liked Spinball at the time I think, something like that.

But then I really didn't like it any more and changed it to what everybody knows me as, 'Nigle'.
In year 6 someone spelt my name (Nigel if you hadn't guessed) wrong on a christmas card, and it kinda span off from there. All my friends know me as Nigle, even teachers know me as Nigle. The only people that call me Nigel are my parents.

A friend used to say to me "wazzup mi nigle!" and I used it for my e-mail, then took my username on TTF from my e-mail. :D

Simples :P

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm

i use "Jnewcombe" cause its really original, and its my name , also know on the meets as "asbo" or the Newcombe's i think Oldgitben started calling me "asbo" or "the asbos" if my bro's there

the fun
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!