UK theme parks from another point of view!

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Heatwave Warning

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Officials issue heatwave warning

A heatwave alert has been issued by the Met Office amid warnings of extreme temperatures over the next few days. There is a 60% risk of a heatwave for Monday and Tuesday with daytime highs in London reaching 32C and remaining warm at night. The Met Office has predicted that around the country daytime temperatures could reach 29-30C, with minimum night-time temperatures of 15-18C. London, the East of England, South West, South East and the Midlands are the most likely to be affected.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8121410.stm" target="_blank]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8121410.stm[/url]

A decent summer at last after the last couple of washouts?.

DiogoJ42

Re: Heatwave Warning

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh god, please no! I don't do heat.
To quote Hunter S Thompson, "I have never been able to properly explain myself in this climate"

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:16 pm

There was a time that a heatwave used to be good news. A chance to enjoy the rarity of some good weather.

Now we get Warnings of a heatwave. I shall be working Mon - Thur, no doubt it will be rain come my days off. Still if its 30c outside, I get to enjoy 40+c inside.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Nemesis8ofRita
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 am

Why don't people like the heat? It's cold almost all year round people! Better to be boiling hot and able to enjoy the likes of the beach, than to be freezing my a** off :wink:

Kaycee

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:37 am

Nooooo! I'm so gonna wanna be on the beach and I'll be in stuffy stations instead!

I LOVE summer and heatwaves, but you wanna be able to enjoy it, not suffer it. :( Poo.

LiamSAFC

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:45 am

I hate sun. I don't burn...

I FRY! I'm not blessed in the browning and tanning department!
:(

DiogoJ42

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:45 am

"Nemesis8ofRita" wrote:
Better to be boiling hot and able to enjoy the likes of the beach, than to be freezing my a** off :wink:

Yes, but we're not on the beach... some of us have to work! :P

Nemesis8ofRita
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 am

I'm another super-burner! (New phrase, I came up with it myself :D ) I wear factor 50+ and still burnt to a crisp! Sun-burnt right now actually.

I'll most likely be working to, me thinks. But working in winter was miserable, atleast the heat/sun makes people happy and everything suddenly seems so much better :D

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:06 am

The sun makes me happy. The heat however does not.

Bring on a heatwave and a decent summer, I say! We are due one.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:08 am

Looking at the MET reports this will not be a sun heat-wave, rather a muggy, wet and humid heat-wave... basically the **** variety.

DiogoJ42

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:16 pm

kill me now.

Rowe

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Note:

Must not wear more than 1 item of black clothing this summer.

BIan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Its easier to get hot than cold, which is why I like it cold but dry. If your cold, you can put another jumper on. If your hot, you can take your t-shirt off, but it does not cool you down.

Just remember to drink lots of water, avoid direct sun light between 11am and 3pm, and wear plenty of sun cream if you go out.

I also get really paranoid about Skin Cancer as well when its really hot :(

Ian

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:44 pm

As always MET report has changed for this week, down here in London we are predicted Monday to Thursday pure sun and a stunning temperature of 31 degrees! Britain has got it's summer back at last!

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Embrace the lovely sun while you can I say. Providing you are careful, use an appropriate factor of sun cream, The benefits of careful, moderate exposure to sunlight far outweigh the negatives. The UV rays stimulate the production of vitamin D, which is good for the immune system and bone health. I personally would much rather be outdoors enjoying a wonderful sunny day than being stuck indoors worrying about how bad the sun is for you and popping vit D pills. (just to note, I'm having some lunch and a cold drink or 10, hence why I'm indoors and on the computer. I never knew gardening was such hard work :P

It sure beats being sat here looking out the window at grey skys and rain, and needing to darn a coat when one ventures out.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Update from BBC Weather on the "Heatwave".

A heatwave is to hit the UK bringing soaring day and night time temperatures and thundery showers throughout the week, the BBC's weather unit have said. In London the temperature will rise steadily from about 29C on Sunday to about 32C by the end of the week. In the rest of the UK temperatures will climb from about 22C on Sunday to about 29C on Friday. However, BBC weather said an on-shore breeze will keep Eastern England and Eastern Scotland cooler during Sunday.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8122969.stm" target="_blank]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8122969.stm[/url]

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:01 pm

It aint really that hot yet its 12pm and its still pretty cool in the midlands . . perhaps it will come tomorrow when im stuck in work!
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!

Hobbes
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Crap. I really need to buy some summer clothes.

Black T's and Jeans does not bode well. :-k

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Things is though the heat we're getting at the moment is not heat which many like. Its not blazing sun and no clouds its warm, muggy, uncomfortable and unpleasant. I don't mind it when it's clear blue skies and a hot day, just not wet & warm as it's awful.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Crofty

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:27 pm

This "Heat Wave" is turning out to be a bit of a THORPE PARK.

Got up early to paint my fences and theres bloody rain in the air, seems like the good old BBC are forcing Londons news on the rest of us as per usual. :roll: