UK theme parks from another point of view!

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Re: So, what job do you do?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:59 pm

I don't have a proper employed job but I referee football on a sunday U12s and U13s. £24 for an hours work ain't bad imo :D

MattH

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:03 pm

erm, does student class as work?

FallenAbyss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:45 pm

I build conservatories for a living, been doing it for about 8 years now, it's not a bad job as it's an ever changing enviroment and also handy if I need time off as it's my own company.

I'm also in a band called Run Fast Turn Left ( [url=http://www.myspace.com/runfastturnleftuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.myspace.com/runfastturnleftuk[/url] ), we don't make a large amount of money from it ... but maybe one day.

and finally I'm just starting out as a Semi-pro photographer :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/sets/72157626111847872/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.flickr.com/photos/col_rftl/s ... 111847872/[/url]

Anonymous

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 am

I am coming towards the end of my university degree in Education Studies.

For over a year, I have been working within a supermarket Hot Deli department cooking hot and exotic food such as chickens, cumberland sausages etc.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 am

On the final sprint of 6th form now. I have deferred entry from Nottingham, Loughborough, Sheffield and Manchester at the moment so will 100% be taking a year off. Plan is to travel if time permits for a few months.
A family contact has also given me an offer to get some experience on trading floors of various companies in London come summer, which should be interesting to say the least. Perhaps if all goes well I may defer for a few more years.

Hopefully it all comes off.

Craig

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Might as well put my new one on here now! Still working for the company named after a fruit, but now working with corporate clients as a business solutions technician. It's been a hideously hard 6 months learning the ropes. But as well as mobile I'm now dealing with broadband, Blackberry, landline, telemetry and the likes of managed vpns. Nice and varied to keep me interested but a hideously steep learning curve!

Maddie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm

"Dormiens-Dave" wrote:
I have two roles in one job

Senior Diagnostic Radiographer is my main job

im currently studying diagnostic radiography! :D how long did it take you to become a senior after you had qualified?

also work as a part time picker for home shopping at asda.

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Work for Maccy d's through week and on saturday then at Greggs on a Sunday. I also go to college so no time for anything! :/

Im thinking of becoming a Mystery Shopper too...

mitch1e
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm a Paediatric Staff nurse at my local General Hospital.
Image THANKS TO JLTON

Anonymous

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm a recruitment consultant for a worldwide recruitment company. And I can happily say that we're crazy busy despite the big R

Dunny#1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Currently selling mobile phones for the company named after a colour... But that won't be forever 8)

Alex

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:25 pm

I serve meatballs, chips and hotdogs to people who think im from sweden =[...

gah the joys of working at IKEA! ;]

But aside from that I am a student studying entertainment technology and hopefully within the next few months will hear back from an apprenticeship at a fulltime theatre earning a nice sum for my age per year!

I also assist at my local community ran theatre doing what I do best :]

Benedique
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:30 am

I'm a full time University Student (i say full time, i'm only timetabled for 6 hours a week) in my 2nd year now studying for my degree in Criminological and Forensic Psychology. I don't have a job along side that, i have tried but i don't even get interviews! I would actually LOVE to just be an Alton Ride Op and sack off Uni but obviously as its only seasonal work i think i should stick with graduating from Uni and finding a permanent job! :(

MattH

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:42 pm

im a second year college student, im studying a BTEC National Diploma For ICT Practitioners lv.3 course, tis good stuff, but hard :P

furie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:20 pm

"GothicAngel09" wrote:
im a second year college student, im studying a BTEC National Diploma For ICT Practitioners lv.3 course, tis good stuff, but hard :P

I have one of those, straight distinctions thankyouverymuch :)

I'm an IT manager for a firm in the UK making "Ceiling Tiles, External Rainscreen Cladding and Curtain Walling".

We have four sites across the UK all networked. All It systems (server, desktop, LAN, WAN and software services) designed, chosen, implemented and maintained by me :)

If it plugs into the wall anywhere, then I chose it, installed it and look after it - this also includes our telecoms (land line AND mobile).

It used to be fun when I was making it all happen, but now it's just sitting and waiting for things to break, or for people to ask for new reports or information. As I did the job properly in the first place, I don't get asked to do much - hence the silly amount of time I get to play on the internet.

When we have upgrades though, or changing providers (internet security systems, VPN/WAN services, major software upgrades) then I earn my money. Long hours, learning all the new technologies required then the pain of making the changes, going through the upgrade and the horror of post implementation support. So it's exciting for a month each year or so :lol:
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here

Sazzle

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:11 am

Front line of the recession!

I'm a Customer Services Officer for Jobcentre Plus, working on the front line in a very busy - but small - office on the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire border (and what a pain in the ass that is when it comes to processing..). I also deal with new claims, and so I'm sometimes the first person a customer will see when they first come to the Jobcentre.

Not an easy job at the moment, 2000+ people to see over a rolling fortnightly period :-(.

I've been in my position a year this month, having successfully passed all the entrance exams in December of 2008. My first 'proper job' having graduated from the University of Derby with a 2:1 Joint Honours in Law and Sociology.

I rather fancied applying for the Merlin Graduate Scheme, but I'm taking my chances in the Civil Service :-P.

Anonymous

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 am

I'm currently a chat host for Jackpotjoy and The Sun Bingo. Google them! Basically chat to bingo players, make sure their entertained. Only been here since december.
Part of my job description is actually read the sun newspaper as when i host on "The Sun" bingo i need to know the headlines, funny i know.

Starting march though i'll be a Ride host at Alton Towers! So yeah can't wait.

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:58 am

"BrettS" wrote:
I'm currently a chat host for Jackpotjoy and The Sun Bingo. Google them! Basically chat to bingo players, make sure their entertained. Only been here since december.
Part of my job description is actually read the sun newspaper as when i host on "The Sun" bingo i need to know the headlines, funny i know.

Starting march though i'll be a Ride host at Alton Towers! So yeah can't wait.

I'd love to spend my time assisting a right wing tabloid rob desperate, gullible and lonely people.

Although the idea of being contractually obliged to fill your head with the contents of the Sun fills me with absolute dread.

But seriously, cushy job! How did you land that gig?
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:19 pm

"GothicAngel09" wrote:

Im on the first year of that course. Getting distinctions so far, whoo! Second year a lot harder or the same?

cubwolf

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 pm

15 hours a week i present a radio show and the rest of the time drive a cab..
Lots of hours but not hard work 8)