UK theme parks from another point of view!

nickn5
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Recent floods and storms

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:19 pm

So has anyone here been unfortunate enough to have suffered any flooding or storm damage in the recent few days? We had a lot of flooding here but as it's quite rural most of it was fields and roads, not properties.

I got a couple of photos at the well-known flooding spot along the A487 just outside Machynlleth... and there's always at least one or two cars or vans get stuck, not so often to see an abandoned lorry though... :shock: The water had gone down a bit when I took these.

You can see here the railings along the road (yes there is a road under the water somewhere) have been ripped out by the water in places:

And another photo from the same spot looking west, across normally sheep-inhabited fields:

Edgey
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Recent floods and storms

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:20 pm

I haven`t seen any in Derbyshire

Anonymous

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:21 pm

That's terrible.

I live in Stoke-on-Trent. We are high up and in the middle, so we never get any floods. It's a shocker though. As I'd hate to be in that sort of situation...

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:08 pm

feel bad for those folks that have seen their lifes washed away, and theirs more to come, i hope its minimal damage
[

DiogoJ42

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:11 pm

"nickn5" wrote:
And another photo from the same spot looking west, across normally sheep-inhabited fields:

Oh dear, I hope the sheep are OK.

It's time's like this I'm glad i live above a shop.

kingcriplet
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Try living in north west Cumbria :shock:

maguire245
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:22 pm

"kingcriplet" wrote:
Try living in north west Cumbria :shock:

Devistating what has happened there. It's amazing how much we take everything we have for granted.. when a storm and flood takes everything you've spent and ripps it away from you in an instance.
It's obvious this sort of thing will only become ever more popular now and I can only hope this goverment supports all those affected in the best way they can.