UK theme parks from another point of view!

zs chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: World Cup 2010

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:43 am

"Adz123" wrote:
And if i was just biased to Arsenal players, then wouldn't i have said that Fabregas would have got one of Spain's goals?

It would be one hell of an achievement to score from the bench ;)

Scott
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Holland v Germany final I reckon. :)

I am routing for either Holland or Uruguay to win it though, if one of those win it, I'll be happy as I dont want to see either Spain or Germany win it.
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]

.Will

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:04 pm

... Huh ... Well I have to change my signature ...

:paper:

Alex

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 pm

If you didnt get his message above...

SPAIN
WINS THE FIFA SOUTH AFRICA WORLD CUP 2010

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Congrats to Spain, and indeed to my brother for winning the sweepstake for the 2nd consecutive world cup. Jammy thing

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Fantastic for Spain, worthy winners. They deserve it. :D :D

Well Done to Paul the octopus too, another correct prediction.

DannyJ
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 am

Well done spain.:) I think holland deserverd to win it after all they knocked out the 5 times champions brazil. #-o

D-Man
TT Member
TT Member

World Cup 2010

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:00 am

I felt that holland didn't deserve to win it due to the fact that the amount of bad tackles they put in was shocking!!! They were lucky not to get more than one man sent off IMO because that challenge by De Jong on Alonso was shocking and well should have been a straight red!!! As for Webbs performance it was shocking as well, he never had a grasp of the game and never deserved to be the finals referee!!! That challenge by De Jong was lucky not to have seriously injured alonso and he should be getting some sort of match ban in the future!!! Overall a good performance from Spain and I am glad to see them getting the praise the team finally deserves!!! Viva Espana!! :p
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Any team that has Robben in deserves to lose :)

D-Man
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:47 pm

+1 rep for you Nick haha :P
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!

peterjones1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Highlight for me was hearing Alan Shearer so quick to condemn some of the Dutch 'thuggery' at the end, conveniently forgetting he once deliberately kicked Neil Lennon in the head while he was on the ground.

Spain deserved it on the night but I can't be the only one who thinks there football wasn't as sublime as many in the media seem to be making out? The way the Dutch played didn't help but you can play pretty little passes around your midfield all day long, it's what you do with it in the final third that counts and in that regard I thought the Dutch were actually superior. Credit to Spain though who took their big chance, while Holland did not.

Some blatant nasty challenges from the Dutch who certainly shouldn't have finished with just the one red card but a lot of niggly little things from the Spanish that seems to have gone under the radar, Iniesta and Puyol both had a few lucky escapes. Hated seeing so many imaginary cards being waved about though, one of my biggest annoyances with modern football.