UK theme parks from another point of view!

oldgitBEN

Bees Nest Advice

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:43 pm

hey guys i need some advice,

I've got a bees nest on the door of my shed, which while i dont mind bees (unlike wasps) its not ideal to have in the garden with 2 kids so want shut of it.
I know bees are in decline at the minute so dont really want to kill them.

So i contacted the council, who said they prefer not to kill the bees and someone would collect them for £68.15 fee! WTF £70?!
They said my other option was just to leave them as they'll die out when it starts to get colder.

Neither option is going to happen, and i feel bad butchering the buggers but I dont know of any other way to deal with them, any ideas guys?

DiogoJ42

Re: Bees Nest Advice

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:01 pm

I say kill the little buggers. Do you have a flame thrower? :?

Blaze

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Kill them, they are only bees, and a couple dead bees really won't make a big impact on how many there are or anything like that.

So yeah, flame them :twisted:

DiogoJ42

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Or better yet, douse them in liquid nitrogen, then smash the nest to smithereens with a sledge hammer! :P

oldgitBEN

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:26 pm

awww you guys are meanies!
Im trying to teach the kids to be nice and look after nature and all that shiz. Plus the bees nest exhibit at a local museum died and we all miss that.

DiogoJ42

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:30 pm

The bees would do the same to you if given half a chance. Here's a nature lesson for the kids: Humans are predators, act like one by killing some lower life forms! :P

Blaze

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Exactly, we didn't get to where we are by being nice, and to dither other exterminating a few bees. By all means be nice to nature, but when nature is in the way and being a pain, blow it to buggery with flamethrowers, liquid nitrogen and whatever else you can get your evolutionary supperior hands on :P

oldgitBEN

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:56 pm

is nuking them the suggested option then? and with any luck it might take out next doors dog and that bloody ian bassi over the road.

Adam James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Best and safest option is to flame them out using scorching newspaper. It's a tried and tested method of getting rid of bees.
If you leave it it'll only get worse, and you'll end up with your own honey plantation in next to no time. :P

Anonymous

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Can of lynx and lighter on them! LOL.

Don't forget to youtube it :D

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Pint of petrol and one match. Sorted. 8)
:firebounce:

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 pm

"mattbailey" wrote:
Pint of petrol and one match. Sorted. 8)
:firebounce:

I was under the impression that he wanted to keep the shed...

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 pm

See if you can find some bee keepers in your local area. More often than not they will collect them for free.

My MIL neighbour had a bees nest and got a local bee keeper to collect them I think he only charge £20 or so.

Dont kill them or Mark Whalberg will hunt you down and ask "doesn't anyone care what happened to the bees?" :mrgreen:

oldgitBEN

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 am

christ if i kill them and Mark Wahlberg...

turns up, i'll burn every one i find! =P~

Blaze

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:11 am

MY EYES! THEY BURRRRNN! :evil:

Crofty

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:26 am

I'd suggest the same as Jem8472, call a local bee keeper and see if they want to come and collect them. Otherwise I'd just hold out until they die out and then get rid of the nest.

:D :D

DiogoJ42

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:51 am

"BrettS" wrote:
Can of lynx and lighter on them! LOL.

When I was about 15 I did that to a wasp that got in to my bedroom...

...And set fire to the net curtains :P I tell you, those things burn fast! There was an almighty "WHUMPFFF!" and the whole curtain was gone in lass than a second! :lol:

Still, it killed the wasp. :mrgreen:

[Archive]

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Don't be so obnoxious! :yikes:

What am I reading? Flame bees? What the hell?

When I find a bee struggling to fly I let it crawl on my finger, and get some height for it to take off from. Wasps ain't nice, but bees are lovely. Lovely lovely lovely, etc etc...

Buzzzzz...
Buzzz...
Buzzz...

Lovely. :mrgreen:

James
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Peter, you worry me. :P If I saw a bee struggling to fly I'd whack it, put it out its misery, of course. 8-[ :wink:

If I had the bees nest in my garden I'd either(as suggested above) call a local bee keeper, or just kill them. A few dead bees isn't going to change the world.

[Archive]

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 pm

:shock: ...But

You mean you don't love bees?

If everybody hates bees then soon there will be none left. Well, it's a bit exaggerated but they are just going to die off more and more. I don't give a damn about honey! I just want the bees. I love them as they wobble about in the flowers, zoom about aimlessly, get stuck in the greenhouse etc. I wonder what it's like to be a bee. :-k

Beekeepers all the way. :pelvic: