UK theme parks from another point of view!

Lauren
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Examination results 2010

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Just a good luck to everyone tomorrow for AS/A2 and the 24th for GCSE. Hopefully everyone has a secure place into their university's, employment or whatever path you have chosen to take. I assume those who are happy with their result's will post them here! :)

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Examination results 2010

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Its been 11 years since I got my GCSE results! :sus:

Good luck to everyone getting them tomorrow but dont worry if you dont get what you wanted there are still other ways to get where you want to go!

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm

I get my A Level results tomorrow, so it's a very big day for me. I need ABB with the A in Geography to get into the University of Birmingham, so we shall see! Not looking forward to tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone else who gets their results!

:)

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Good luck!

I was in this position last year. It was terribly nerve racking as I was borderline between success and failure.

Here's a tip for those that can't wait till your colleges release the results. Check UCAS tomorrow morning if you've applied for a Uni. It won't tell you your results but it should say if you’ve got in or not. If you’re worried about having to call Unis about your results it gives you a head start on everyone else.
ImageImage

Rowe

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm not particularly going to uni or going to a further school/college, but I'm still pretty frightened about my results. It's the revision part that gets me the most right now because I know I didn't study as much as I could, nor remember as much as I needed.
The only subject I really hope to have done well in is Film, which was my best subject by the end of year 13 and what I plan to carry on into as a career.

:x Where's that big bar of chocolate?

Mitch
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Best of luck to everyone getting their results tomorrow, especially those who are getting A2's or who are looking at going to uni!

I'm going up to school at 11 to collect my AS results and I'm already nervous, especially seeing as I felt I underperformed in some of my exams. Then again it's not the end of the world but hopefully I won't be having to do re-sits in January.

Also good luck to GCSE candidates for Tuesday!

:D

Lauren
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:46 am

I have seen many facebook status' of happy students being confirmed into uni, so well done to those who have checked UCAS early this morning, and good luck to those not yet checked. I'm also in the same position as Mitch, collecting my AS results later on, however I can honestly say I have failed Biology, I don't need a sheet of paper to tell me that :( However, I hope everyone gets the results that they need and deserve :)

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 am

Surprised there wasn't a topic started earlier, thought I missed it! But yeah eeek get me AS results in like an hour :/
"Rob" wrote:
I get my A Level results tomorrow, so it's a very big day for me. I need ABB with the A in Geography to get into the University of Birmingham, so we shall see! Not looking forward to tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone else who gets their results!

Cool, what accommodation you looking at staying in at Birmingham? I really want to go there so much to study artificial intelligence, need AAB :(

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 am

Well, good luck to everyone who hasn't yet got their results - I'm seeing a lot of happy Facebook statuses, so that's good :D.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:47 am

Well I got the ABB I needed to get into Birmingham, with the A in Geography, so I'm very happy! Was so nervous when I woke up this morning! Nice to know it's all confirmed now! :D

"JamieDeath" wrote:
Surprised there wasn't a topic started earlier, thought I missed it! But yeah eeek get me AS results in like an hour :/
"Rob" wrote:

Cool, what accommodation you looking at staying in at Birmingham? I really want to go there so much to study artificial intelligence, need AAB :(

I'm not sure exactly, but somewhere on the Vale campus.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting their results!

:D

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 am

Well done :D :D
And aha yeah I fell in love with Mason at the vale campus its soo nice!

Edit: well im back now, got straight A's again somehow (physics, maths, further maths, and computing) :)

Bear

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 pm

I *still* don't have mine because my college is terrible! It's not an essential year though, so it's sort of ok.

formula1fan

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Well, my results were a bit of a mixed bag, to be honest.
Media Studies - D (I was rubbish at Media, to be honest!)
English Language - C (I expected to get a B)
Maths - B (Not bad, but I got a D on one of the exams)
Law - A
Strangely, with Law, I got the same UMS mark in the Law paper I took in May to the one I took in January! Weird...

Mitch
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Good results everyone and well done for getting into Birmingham, Rob!

My results:

Geography: A (100% on the main paper too!)
History: B
Maths Stats: B
Chemistry: D

I don't quite know whether to be happy or not, I'm absolutely ecstatic about Geography as it's what I want to do at uni and I love the subject. At the same time I'm really disappointed with my chemistry grade. Ah well, there's always re-takes in January.

Good luck everyone who's still yet to get results! :)

TheOneWho

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Well done everyone! Been a while since I was worrying about school grades, and being Scottish I would have got them a wee while ago.

Mitch, that is impressive. You are an even bigger geo-geek than me! University geography is pretty different from school though, but so much better.

Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Good luck for everyone receiving their GCSE results tomorrow! Hopefully you'll get what you want to go where ever you go next :)

formula1fan

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:56 pm

I did a Spanish GCSE in one year at my college, and I got the result today, which was an A*! :D

SIMR
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:12 pm

Did you do a Spanish GCSE? ^ Because I am dying to do Spanish A Level next year when I go to college, but my school doesn't teach Spanish. I've been learning it with books and the Internet for about 3 years now, so I don't know what to do...

But well done!

Benedique
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 pm

"bennyboy-92" wrote:
Did you do a Spanish GCSE? ^ Because I am dying to do Spanish A Level next year when I go to college, but my school doesn't teach Spanish. I've been learning it with books and the Internet for about 3 years now, so I don't know what to do...

But well done!

Benny, My Boyfriend wanted to do German but they didn't do it at his school so he taught himself using books and put himself in for the German GCSE at a nearby school he got an A* then did A-level German and he's now just graduated from University with a German degree. You should get your school to look in to putting you in for your spanish GCSE at a nearby school.

SIMR
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:41 pm

The oppsote situation here, I do German now :D I spoke to my teacher after a speaking exam a while back and he said he might be able to enter me into a Spanish GCSE on the same board I'm doing German on now, but if that fails then I don't know what to do...