UK theme parks from another point of view!

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Soccer AM

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Just a quick plug... =P~

We are representing Blackpool Football Club on Soccer AM this Saturday..

I was very lucky to of been in a position to select a team that will represent our club.

I hope my TTF friends or foes get behind us on Saturday..

Peter
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Soccer AM

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:56 pm

That's awesome :D

Have a good time :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P

Deleted
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 pm

If anybody has any way of uploading the broadcast onto the internet , thats being aired on Saturday morning can you let us know.

Thanks

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:17 am

I watch Soccer AM as much as possible so I'll have a look out!

Mark, they usually put a good number of clips on the Soccer AM website, including 'Soccerette' which heavily features one of the fans, it could be him who knows!
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

PETER MOWBRAY
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Having just returned from a few days in London with Sky Television I would like to start my report by firstly thanking a few people.. 8)
Sky Television and Bobbie in particular for making it happen, Blackpool Football Club and in particular Stuart and everybody connected to the club for helping me in my hour of need.. 8) and finally the club sponsors Wonga, it was great to speak to Matt one of the managers who kindly supplied us all with the kit.

So how did it start..?

Well I applied on line as I noticed on the club web site invitations for people to apply to appear as fans on the show..
I applied but did not really think that I stood much of a chance but wanted to give it a go.
I was quite surprised to of received an email the same day from Sky, they asked for more information, I sent as much information as I could and funny storey's about each of the chosen contestant's..

Sky then asked for pictures and told me to write some more information as they were about to make a descion, this was on the Friday and then I heard nothing..

It came to Monday evening and I sadly informed people that our application had failed.. :(

On the Tuesday evening I finished work at 8.30pm, and when I got home there was a telephone message from Bobbi.
He wanted to make contact with me, I sent him an email and within 10 minutes he was calling my home..
He told me that we were on the show.. 8) 8)

I could hardly hide my surprise and excitement and I told everybody connected..

Sadly I had a few drop out for different reasons and I had to jiggle things around, SKY we very supportive and left it upto me to sort out and find 2 replacements..

Blackpool FC & Wonga helped us out and we are so grateful..

SKY Television were superb hosts..

And the lads that represented Blackpool FC on the show were amazing, they all put up with so much..
The nerves nearly got the better of all of us, it was very difficult..

Ok some pictures of the day.. 8)

We left Blackpool at 6pm to go to Preston to pick up the Virgin Train to take us to London Euston..

We finally arrived at Euston and met up with Jack who was traveling from Leicester, we were then met by two nice men with Sky Sports signs and we were taken to 2 waiting Mercedes cars and taken to our hotel..

Inside the hotel we checked in and went to our very nice rooms..

The next morning we were all up quite early, most of us had a really crap nights sleep due to stress of appearing on the show.. :D

We all got changed into our kits that had been kindly supplied by Wonga.. 8)

The ball signed by all the players that BFC had asked me to present to Sky.. 8)

A group mirror shot.. :D

Little Kienan and his Dad were staying in the same hotel.. 8)

Next stop Soccer AM and Sky Studios..

Once inside and passed the security we relaxed in the canteen and green room..

Bobbie one of the Producers..

Inside the green room and waiting for rehearsals..

The nerves really started to get hold of you at this moment..

Onto the set for rehearsals..

Helen on the set..

We went outside to practice the penalties, you would not believe me if I told you that we hit the target more times than we missed, even Louise scored 2 penalties..
The actual live shoot out was very disappointing,the fact that we only scored 2 will annoy us for years to come.. :(

We started to feel more confident after the kick around and started to look forward to the show..

The show started soon after and the 2 hours went by so quickly, it was a really enjoyable experience and we all felt so proud to be representing Blackpool Football Club on the show.. 8)

We had time to mix with the real stars of the show.. 8)

Dave got Helen some Blackpool rock.. 8)

We then left for the Arsenal game, I was able to purchase 5 tickets for the game and as a surprise I treated Taran & Oliver to the game..

Sky very kindly provided the transport and we arrived in style.. 8)

And at the stadium within 2 minutes I was spotted by an Arsenal fan who watched the show... :D

On behalf of the Blackpool 8 I would like to thank Sky Television, Blackpool FC & Wonga for an amazing few days, and treasured memories that will stay with us for the rest of our lives.. 8) 8) 8)

Copyright Live In Blackpool
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]

A5H

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:25 am

I was watching :) Pointed you out to my parents aswell :D looks like an absolutely amazing experience! :)

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:40 am

Wow, that was amazing :D

I also saw you on the show and thanks very, VERY much for the report, really enjoyed it :)

Thanks again, and well done for getting such a unique experience!
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P