UK theme parks from another point of view!

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The 'I Feel Down' Topic

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Oh Ed, I'm really sorry to hear that! It's extremely difficult when you lose someone close to you, but in time the pain will go and you'll be left with happy memories.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

SpinballEdders

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks everyone for the support, you're all so kind :)

and hugs back for everyone :hug:

Blaze

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Oh my, I'm so sorry for you. :(

Mike
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Oli wrote:
It's not that I feel down, more that I can't be arsed doing anything. It just appears my life is in a rut. Normally I wouldn't post here, but I honestly need some advice as to what to do about this.

Sorry to hear that Oli :( I hate that feeling!

What do you think is causing the rut? If it'd lack of purpose (for example not having a job) it would be an idea to get heavily involved with a sport or hobby local to you, just so you are getting out of the house and doing stuff. :)

PM/Skype me if you want to chat in more depth about it.

Thanks to Ian for the sig!

DiogoJ42

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 am

yup. :(

Bear

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 am

DiogoJ42 wrote:
yup. :(

O??

MinteButtons

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Feeling really down today about my teeth. I've had a lot of problems with them over the past four years or so and I've gotten fed up with it, so I was talking about getting the front ones removed then replaced with dentures until I'm 18 then getting implants.
But I have to keep these until I'm 18 as if you get them removed then wait a while for implants then you'll need reparitive work on the bone.  :?
So I have another two years of this, and then we need to find £4,000 - £6,000 to pay for it as the NHS won't cover it.

Looks like I'm going to be living with dentures!  :P

SpinballEdders

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:23 pm

4 years? you've had dental problems for 4 years?!!!!! :shock: I once had a Toothache for 5 months and I thought I was in a huge amount of pain during that time, but 4 years?! I really feel sorry for you, Minte. :(

DiogoJ42

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I think it's safe to say that there has been more misery in the first six weeks of 2012 than I have had in the last 30 years.

SpinballEdders

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:03 pm

What's the Matter, Diogo?

formula1fan

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Massive hugs to you and Hils, Diogo. :hug:

Poison Tom 96

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Masive hugs to Diogo and Minte :hug:

Bear

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:38 am

Diogo, not to be insensitive, but could you consider taking on slightly more robust animals like leopards or elephants or something? How about a nice hippo? :D

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:33 pm

DiogoJ42 wrote:
I think it's safe to say that there has been more misery in the first six weeks of 2012 than I have had in the last 30 years.

I agree with that Diogo! This year is complete w :censored: k  I vote that we cancel the rest of this year and start on 2013 now! Who is with me????

Bear

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:38 pm

Jem8472 wrote:
DiogoJ42 wrote:

I agree with that Diogo! This year is complete w :censored: k  I vote that we cancel the rest of this year and start on 2013 now! Who is with me????

Can we compromise and just cancel it up to August? In theory we could all just get very drunk and the time should fly by!

fredward

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:45 am

MinteButtons wrote:
Feeling really down today about my teeth. I've had a lot of problems with them over the past four years or so and I've gotten fed up with it, so I was talking about getting the front ones removed then replaced with dentures until I'm 18 then getting implants.
But I have to keep these until I'm 18 as if you get them removed then wait a while for implants then you'll need reparitive work on the bone.  :?
So I have another two years of this, and then we need to find £4,000 - £6,000 to pay for it as the NHS won't cover it.

Looks like I'm going to be living with dentures!  :P

Out of interest what is actually wrong with your teeth, I have a genetic condition with mine which stops them from growing properly, hence why my teeth are rather small with lots of gaps! (incase some ttf members bave ever seen and wondered! :P)

Since its genetic ive essentially had it since birth, so its not a problem im used to it... It only really effects my self esteem

Essentially I had a choice of getting implants that expensive... So wondering whether your problems similar. im getting a cheaper alternative.. A sort of gap filler! Bulk out my teeth make them look normal... When im getting that actually done.. only Wardley knows! :P

Poison Tom 96

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Results were depressing today :(

MinteButtons

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Poison Tom 96 wrote:

January exam/re-sit results?  If it's any consolation, lots of people here didn't get what they wanted, Psychology and ICT particularly.
If something went really badly, when you go to college you may be able to re-sit it there.

:)

Poison Tom 96

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 pm

MinteButtons wrote:
Poison Tom 96 wrote:

January exam/re-sit results?  If it's any consolation, lots of people here didn't get what they wanted, Psychology and ICT particularly.
If something went really badly, when you go to college you may be able to re-sit it there.

:)

Our Biology where we got our science results was like a funeral :(

People crying and lots of depression :(

formula1fan

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:54 pm

I found out last night, at my Mum's 50th birthday party, that my grandparents are finally going to sell the farm where they've lived since marrying in 1959. Its expected value was £1.2million, Dad gave it a value of £1.5million, but it's been valued by the estate agent at £2million. Two. Million. Pounds. That's a lot of money. It's going to be very tough to say goodbye to that place, as it's been like a second home to me for over 19 years, visiting several times a year. Some of my happiest memories have occurred there, such as when I discovered that I was going to appear on Junior Mastermind. Seeing as my family has moved around quite a few times, it has been a second home to us, and it will be very tough to say goodbye to that truly wonderful place. :(