UK theme parks from another point of view!

Tom.B

Re: The 'I Feel Down' Topic

Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Constant family problems, unless I'm out I feel constantly depressed, and I might have t pay out over £300 to get my Mac fixed, and Apple can't even be bothered to look at it 'til Friday. :x

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:02 pm

I feel down about my appearance and personality, I know it is a common problem but it really is crap when you feel so bad about how you look and how you are as a person. I also can't go out because of social anxiety and claustrophobia , it is a nightmare.

LoopyDan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:14 pm

NickiFan wrote:
I feel down about my appearance and personality, I know it is a common problem but it really is crap when you feel so bad about how you look and how you are as a person. I also can't go out because of social anxiety and claustrophobia , it is a nightmare.
Sometimes I feel the same :(

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Ellis and Dan I used to feel the same but it occured to me once that I shouldn't care what people think of me and I am now fine with. But if it is bad just stay in and load up RCT3 or SimsCity or whatever game you play!
Last edited by mattiepearce on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously known as Coastermadpearce.

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:53 pm

It didn't bother me until people have started pointing things out about me and making me feel incredibly bad about them. Suppose you can't please everyone.

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:27 am

If you put up with it and keep your head held high you will get an opportunity for revenge and it is sweet :twisted:

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:30 pm

I feel like if someone makes a mistake it's no big deal, but if I put one toe wrong ... whether I said something I shouldn't have right down to getting the question wrong in maths, it's a really big thing and I'm tortured for weeks.

I also feel like people jump at the chance to stick their hands down my throat.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

LoopyDan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:54 pm

I just feel down :(

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:20 pm

I second that, Dan. :(
I'm also really nervous at the moment because I have to perform a speech in English on Monday and stand on the table for it... I am a really really quiet/shy/awkward/whatever person (literally, if someone talks to me at school, I will probably not reply because that's easier than having to desperately think of something to say and then feel pathetic later because I know I sounded so stupid), so speeches are not for me. I have memorised my speech, although I'm sure that when I actually get up there, I will freeze because everyone will be looking at me. :(

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:45 am

obliviongirl wrote:
I'm also really nervous at the moment because I have to perform a speech in English on Monday and stand on the table for it... I am a really really quiet/shy/awkward/whatever person (literally, if someone talks to me at school, I will probably not reply because that's easier than having to desperately think of something to say and then feel pathetic later because I know I sounded so stupid), so speeches are not for me. I have memorised my speech, although I'm sure that when I actually get up there, I will freeze because everyone will be looking at me. :(

In October last year, I had to recite a famous speech to the entire lower school, their parents (and mine!), plus the awards presenter.

I was given a week and an teacher to help me, who organised me three breaktime meetings for me to practise. I learnt it within 3 days. Then came the stagefright ...

I got a group of my friends (the ones who wouldn't laugh at me if I messed it up) and the help teacher, and went to the hall with them and performed it to people I trusted. I also performed it in front of my parents.

And, last thing, if it really scares you that much to do it looking into the eyes of the audience, there are other ways. Looking at the top of the nose looks like you're looking them in the eyes, or (if you really can't stand looking at them) find something on the back wall (clock, fire bell etc) that is just above the heads of your audience. Stare at that throughout, and towards the end (you gain confidence if you have a flawless piece) look around at your audience!

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:37 am

obliviongirl wrote:

I find that during speeches/presentations is that it is useful to have something in your hands I like to have a PowerPoint clicker in my hand but I find notes work as well. Also don't just stand there and talk go OTT with it. If you do all of this you should be fine!
Sources: 8a NC level in speaking+listening.

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Thank you guys, that really helped. Unfortunately I was one of the last people to get picked to perform, so I spent almost the entire lesson worrying. When I got up and stood on my chair I was pretty terrified, but I just threw myself into it really quickly to get it over with. I ended up bringing a copy of my speech up with me on paper because I got so worked up beforehand  that I was certain I was going to forget everything. Your advice helped me a great deal, so thank you!  :D

Ology of the mind
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:27 pm

obliviongirl wrote:
Thank you guys, that really helped. Unfortunately I was one of the last people to get picked to perform, so I spent almost the entire lesson worrying. When I got up and stood on my chair I was pretty terrified, but I just threw myself into it really quickly to get it over with. I ended up bringing a copy of my speech up with me on paper because I got so worked up beforehand  that I was certain I was going to forget everything. Your advice helped me a great deal, so thank you!  :D

Hi, I have just read through the last page, and haven't posted before, but wanted to say 'well done' for getting through it!  :)

Tom.B

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Not really feeling down, just a bit worried. We've got to do a hot seating session in the form of a chat show about 'Much Ado About Nothing' in English tomorrow. I'm Leanato, but I don't really know much about the play, because we've only watched it once through, and we only studied the chapel scene. Any advice so that I don't look like a total douche in front of my class?

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Generally really depressed, always am around this time of year, think I know why

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:18 pm

very depressed

Generally really depressed

constantly depressed

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:20 pm

I do, and I fit the definition. The idea is to post what's making you fell down and for someone to HELP, not make them feel worse, Sam

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Sam can only help if he knows what the problem is though, you just stated you were depressed and not why.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:35 pm

I don't know, just can't find an excuse to be happy. (And don't say it's half term soon)

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Some members of this forum may have been diagnosed with depression and be under psychiatric care or antidepressants for it.

Sam's point was more that people throw the word depression around without a thought or consideration when they're just feeling slightly down or fed up.