UK theme parks from another point of view!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The 'I Feel Down' Topic

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:48 pm

But constantly being unhappy and down is being depressed. I'm not saying I have depression medication, I was saying that I was always feeling down.

Dictionary definition of depress
to make sad or gloomy; lower in spirits; deject; dispirit.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Kirsty25

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:
But constantly being unhappy and down is being depressed. I'm not saying I have depression medication, I was saying that I was always feeling down.

Dictionary definition of depress
to make sad or gloomy; lower in spirits; deject; dispirit.

If you honestly feel that way you need to seek medical help or professional support.

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Lately we've been having tests in school. We have 5 in most subjects a year now. I'm constantly getting worried that I'll do bad in the tests, and I feel worried more often since we have more tests. If we do bad in tests, students get moved down sets, pathways etc.. I just want to stop worrying about all these tests, especially since its the holidays!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Obviously, you want to do well in your tests, however ...

Don't feel pressured. Just do your best. Revise for a bit a couple of night running just before the test, but don't let it stress you out! No employer is really going to care what you did in a random end of unit test in Year 8 (I think you're in year 8 ).

Also, there is no need to worry about it in half term, especially right at the start. If you have a test first day back, the do a bit of revision over the weekend, otherwise just relax and enjoy the holiday! :)

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:
Obviously, you want to do well in your tests, however ...

Don't feel pressured. Just do your best. Revise for a bit a couple of night running just before the test, but don't let it stress you out! No employer is really going to care what you did in a random end of unit test in Year 8 (I think you're in year 8 ).

Also, there is no need to worry about it in half term, especially right at the start. If you have a test first day back, the do a bit of revision over the weekend, otherwise just relax and enjoy the holiday! :)

Thanks! Most of my tests we're before Half term, and it was after the test I began to worry. I have a few more tests next week, which I will probably revise for over the weekend. Again, thanks for the help!

Georgia_Leigh
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:06 am

Not really a major problem, but something I struggle with often.

I'm quite a jealous person when it comes to other girls, and my sister. Due to the difference in how our dad treats us and events that happened last year, I have become very green eyed when other girls look better than me, or get close to my boyfriend. Sometimes I can let it go and I just keep quiet, but sometimes I let it get the better of me and I end up almost hating that other person. I love Zach and really wish I could let him have female friends that I didn't have to keep my eye out for, but it's almost subconscious now and it won't settle until I know that they know their place. My sister is only 12 but my dad treats her like a teenager and lets her go out with her friends and sleepover. With me, my dad doesn't want me to go out, he only wants me to study and regularly ignores my questions or when I speak. I had a friend who last year made a decision to do something that now I hate her for. And it's like I now hate anything to do with her. I'm terrified she will look better than me at prom and Zach is so supportive. I just wish I could stop!
Courtesy of lewis97

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:02 pm

I'm really upset about an incident which happened earlier today ...

At lunch break, I was playing family it, and surprise, surprise they said I had to be on. When I chase one of them, I see a boy in my year (although I generally avoid him), who's laughing at the way I run. I stop. Here's how the conversation went:

ME: Can you stop doing that please
HIM: (insert horrific word here) off
ME: [glancing to sixth formers around us] Surely as sixth formers, you should do something about this.
HIM: [mimics me in a high pitched voice]
ME: That's rude
HIM: [to sixth formers] See, this is the side effect of a failed abortion.

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:
I'm really upset about an incident which happened earlier today ...

At lunch break, I was playing family it, and surprise, surprise they said I had to be on. When I chase one of them, I see a boy in my year (although I generally avoid him), who's laughing at the way I run. I stop. Here's how the conversation went:

ME: Can you stop doing that please
HIM: (insert horrific word here) off
ME: [glancing to sixth formers around us] Surely as sixth formers, you should do something about this.
HIM: [mimics me in a high pitched voice]
ME: That's rude
HIM: [to sixth formers] See, this is the side effect of a failed abortion.

That's really horrible of that boy to do that, and almost equally as horrible of the sixth formers to just let it happen. If he's laughing at the way you run, then he honestly isn't worth much. You are wise to try to avoid him, but in this case it seemed necessary to say stop. 
Maybe you could talk to the head teacher, who can talk to the sixth form, or maybe the whole school in general, in an assembly about helping out people in your kind of situation and not just letting it happen. Of course, you can ask the head teacher to keep the message general, but strong, so nobody guesses he/she is talking as a result of your incident.
Just remember, most people regret a lot of what they do, so perhaps the boy in your year and the sixth formers are secretly feeling some shame, even if they don't show any.
I hope things improve for you, whatever happens :D

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:06 pm

feeling really anxious atm, no real reason for it, really struggling to stop myself from breaking down :(

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 am

jackandylan123 wrote:
feeling really anxious atm, no real reason for it, really struggling to stop myself from breaking down :(

I go through phases of that. I often try to think of something to look forward to eg. next trip to a theme park, going on holiday, even seeing someone you haven't seen in a while. For example, I have been looking forward to seeing my cousins when they stay over Easter Sunday and Monday, then after that I'll look forward to my theme park visit in June. I find this helps take your mind off things. If you can't think of anything to look forward to, think of something that has recently happened.

Hope I could help,
Dan

definedancing
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 26, 2014 8:43 pm

My dad is mad at me because I dropped out of college, I did a rubbish shift at work, I had to go to A&E because I was being sick constantly and there's no doctors surgery open on bank holiday. Yay.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:35 pm

I have a brother who wants to burn down Nemesis. He gets on my nerves, a lot. And he is older. What should I do to stop him hating Nemesis? He refuses to go on it again because it was rainy and dripped oil on him, and he got a headache.

Suggestions?

Sr88
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Don't know, but it is a worry if a ride is dripping oil. I suggest you report that to AT if necessary.

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Tell him to beware of me...I am out here...waiting...ready...

Alternatively, you could say that there are people out there(me) who love nemmy so much that they would give their lives to save her.

In addition, have you played him the theme tune, or read hiim the nemmy legend? That might help things a bit, I don't know.

:D

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Sr88 wrote:
Don't know, but it is a worry if a ride is dripping oil. I suggest you report that to AT if necessary.

It's not oil, sometimes when it rains the water becomes a bit discoloured from the rust on the trains/track and drips onto riders

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 pm

As Dan says, if it's an offset orange colour it's just rust and water mixed. Generally it shouldn't discolour any clothes on a permanent basis. It's quite common if there is dew of a morning and if it has been raining.

Naturally, if it was an actual lubricant then he should have headed straight for Guest Services who I'm sure would have tried to help.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Lee wrote:
As Dan says, if it's an offset orange colour it's just rust and water mixed. Generally it shouldn't discolour any clothes on a permanent basis. It's quite common if there is dew of a morning and if it has been raining.

Naturally, if it was an actual lubricant then he should have headed straight for Guest Services who I'm sure would have tried to help.

Nemesis inferno one year leaked that rust and water solution on us and we were covered and it didn't wash out. Merlin were so gracious and paid for our clothes to be dry cleaned.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Yeah we had that on Colossus last year. Mum got it on her grande new white hoodie from USA, could see it coming out of seat. Went straight to guest services who offered to get another/similar one sent over from USA, they cleaned it while we roamed park to try and get it out, and got lots of free fast tracks and tickets to visit again twice! Luckily they got the stains out :)

Sorry slightly off topic but hey!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Dom wrote:
Lee wrote:

Nemesis inferno one year leaked that rust and water solution on us and we were covered and it didn't wash out. Merlin were so gracious and paid for our clothes to be dry cleaned.

Yeah,that was probably what happened. It still hasn't come out.

He just read my post and decided he wanted to nuke poor Nemmy with intercontinental ballistic missiles. :-s

panzerguy77
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 pm

nemesisrider wrote:
Dom wrote:
Lee wrote:

Yeah,that was probably what happened. It still hasn't come out.

He just read my post and decided he wanted to nuke poor Nemmy with intercontinental ballistic missiles. :-s
Finally, I get to speak for myself! Yes, in my opinion Nemesis would be better off replaced with a more modern ride like winged coaster (or whatever my little bro called them).