UK theme parks from another point of view!

Emrys
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Discusted with BlockBuster

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 pm

I rented a few DVD's a few days back under their 3 for 10.50 deal. Two of them were perfectly fine, however The Bounty Hunter jumped around constantly meaning I missed whole chapters and everything in the last 2 chapters. I checked on another 2 DVD players to see if it was just my TV playing up, but it jumped at exactly the same places on both players.

I popped in to return the DVD's today and mentioned it to the chap at the desk. I asked if it was possible to rent the Bounty Hunter, but on another disk again for the night as I hadn't seen it because of the jumping. He refused point blank and said because id watched the other two DVD's fine it must be my player, I mentioned to them about the other players and he wouldn't have it. To cut the conversation short he essentially claimed I was lying and it wasn't company policy to refund DVD rentals after they've been returned. This angered me as I hadn't asked for a refund, just another nights rental for free. I left it complete disgust.

Does anyone have any idea who I complain to? The store Manager or Blockbuster themselves? I've used this blockbuster for years and never encountered any problems and that staff have always been helpful until now. I understand he may be having a bad day, but I don't think it's fair I should suffer that backlash.

.Will

Re: Discusted with BlockBuster

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:11 pm

I would e-mail BlockBuster themselves.

http://www.blockbuster.com/help

This should help, it should be on there, personally if I get a dodgy DVD, I give it a quick wipe and it is usually fine, if not I would complain, in all fairness though there is no reason why the store manager should treat you so badly. I thought they would want to keep customers not lose them. So you are well within your rights to complain and I say do it!

:D

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:13 pm

".Will" wrote:

That's the American Blockbuster website, not the UK one. The UK one is http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/ but my god. It is one badly designed website with little to no contact information or obvious complaints procedure.

I'd try calling their customer services on 0845 60 60 383.

Their policy for online rentals is 'tell us its faulty, we'll send you a free replacement' so I don't see why it should be any different for store rentals.
Last edited by haydn! on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 pm

If I were you I'd personally go back to the store and ask to see the manager. I think you would be more likely to get a response that way.

:)

.Will

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:06 pm

"haydn!""][quote="".Will" wrote:

That's the American Blockbuster website, not the UK one. The UK one is http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/ [/quote]

Whoops sorry my bad!

:oops:

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

If it's any consolation... The Bounty Hunter... you're not missing out on much ;) Very average.

I know that this is not the point, but still... LoveFilm will send you a replacement DVD if the one they initially send is broken. This is how all video rental stores / websites should operate.
Last edited by Pennywise on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emrys
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 am

To be fair, from what I saw i think you're right - wasn't overly keen on Anniston's performance to be honest.

Thanks for the advice guys - now that i've calmed down i've decided i'll give their head office a call tomorrow. In heindsight I should have just asked for the Manager there and then really, im suprised they didn't appear. I've never had this situation before, but I also presumed they'd replace the DVD rental seeing as i've already paid for it.

---- Post Info Added ----

Sorry for the double post. I've also just realised the MASSIVE spelling mistake in the title - c instead of a g :oops:

Crofty

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:10 am

Rent a couple more, watch them and scratch them before you send them back. :P

Benzin
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I didn't even know Blockbuster still existed...

Haven't seen one in years...