UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Re: English Football 2011/2012

Fri May 18, 2012 9:15 am

Giving Martinez a shaky start but may settle in once he makes his mark on the sqaud, I'm sure he'd sign Moses and maybe McCarthy from Wigan. I can only predict that Wigan will crumble upon his possible departure though.

What do the 'Pool fans think of this?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Martinez, manager of Liverpool, no thank you.

He has done average at Wigan and I don't think his style of football would suit Liverpool at all, if he did get the job he would just be another Roy Hodgson.

Blaze

Fri May 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Swansea's amanager has turned us down. He doesn't want to step backwards. :P

Martinez has a worse record than Jewell and Big Head, one month of decent football is not enough. Even Hodgson did more than that before he got the job.

Two years ago non-football people forced a manager out of the club and replaced him with crap. History is dangerously close to repeating.

AstroDan

Fri May 18, 2012 5:57 pm

I think Martinez would be bad news for Liverpool. He seems like he means well, but what's his record?

Not that I particularly care who they get.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Blaze

Fri May 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Well you should care.

Because the better manager we get, the more chance of us persuading more of your crap players to join us so you can go out and buy more players like Cisse? ;)

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Rodgers or Martinez doesn't really fit Liverpool, they should actually try and search for a manager like they did with Hodgson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18106241

Well someone's bored as Greek football president, then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18091522

Disappointed at Klasnic leaving, he was a good poacher and could of done well in the Championship but the wage budget was promised to be cut. N'Gog needs a striker to support him, Championship quality players should be signed now if anything. Other than that, all the rest should of gone last season, Robinson has been Championship quality since West Brom. Glad Reo-Coker, Jussi and Knight are staying, good covers and solid. Jussi could fit well against some more low-profile games.

I'm sure Coyle will get us some good loans and after building for a few seasons we will bounce back I hope.

Blaze

Fri May 18, 2012 6:39 pm

"Search for a manager like they did with Hodgson" made me laugh so hard. :P

Anyway, although I find the whole 'racism' thing old, tedious and lazy, this made me laugh.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 18, 2012 9:26 pm

So, to stop this turning into the Liverpool FC topic! ;)

Tomorrow is a massive day of football with the Champions League Final and the Championship Play-Off Final. It should be a great day of football and I myself am fortunate enough be at Wembley for the play-off final. Who do people think will win both games? I'm supporting Blackpool tomorrow but a West Ham win would be better for my team Leicester in terms of next seasons promotion prospects. And as for the Champions League, I'd like Chelsea to win purely as they are an English club but I struggle to see them winning it.

:)
Last edited by Rob L on Fri May 18, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm predicting (and hoping for) the two teams that begin with "B" to win tomorrow.

Can't stand West Ham's owners/directors and their "massive premiership sized club" mentality.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Predictions for Tomorrow: 
Blackpool 2-1 West Ham (AET)
Chelsea 1-1 Bayern (Bayern win on penalties)

I can't choose between the second game but I see West Ham going into the game with heaps of confidence and Allardyce with mind games from his previous Blackpool job. Blackpool to nick it after a slow second half and sneak up on the vunerable West Ham AET. As stated, I agree, I hate West Ham's big headed mentality and we need Ian Holloway back in the Prem'! 

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZziD2o0 ... r_embedded

A UEFA Ultimate Champions game eh? Well placed just before the Euro... but with legends over a total age 500, the game is sloppy Sunday League quality. A good precursor for the play-offs and the other important game involving Bayern.

Nice to see legends of the game such as Ze Roberto, Cafu, Van der Sar, Lehman, Van Bronkhurst and even Carragher play! I'd give it a quick watch.

Tedders,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... unich.html

Why are you playing a youngster you was a Forest last season with little match experience in one of your biggest games of your clubs history?  :?
Last edited by Stelios7 on Sat May 19, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2012 12:17 pm

As a life-long West Ham fan I always find this talk of us being an arrogant club quite bizarre and amusing. We're probably the most self-depreciating bunch of supporters around!

It's interesting that all the talk of us bigging ourselves up as favourites in the lead up to this match has actually come from Blackpool. ;)

To be honest, I believe we are a Premier League sized club, but the same could be said of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest etc. True big clubs with big support. To me, size of club will always come down to how many fans are in the stadium, and even in England's second flight, our average home attendance is 11th highest in the country.

Either way, there's only 1 game I'm interested in today. Come on you IRONS!!

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps

Blaze

Sat May 19, 2012 6:17 pm

West Ham won so I can't do my traditional rant about the play-offs.

I'm almost disappointed! :P

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm disappointed that West Ham won, I wanted Blackpool to win at least they are fun to watch.

And what rant Blaze, I want to know. :P

Blaze

Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 pm

About how the play-offs are the worst thing ever, basically.

Wanted Blackpool to win, because I like them, but West Ham finished third, so it's fair they won.

AstroDan

Sat May 19, 2012 6:49 pm

I do laugh.

I had no initial preference over Blackpool or WHU winning, although judging by the position in the league, WHU are more deserving as they finished 3rd with 11 points more than Blackpool.

And all of this "annoying WHU supporters", don't really know what this is about? WHU are by far a bigger club than Blackpool. It stands to reason that the club is more of "premiership size and scale". Not that any club has a divine right to compete in the top tier, and sure it's nice to support underdogs, but still...

Overall, I think the outcome was fair. Although I am sorry for Blackpool and their supporters.

:)

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2012 9:05 pm

AstroDan wrote:
And all of this "annoying WHU supporters", don't really know what this is about? WHU are by far a bigger club than Blackpool. It stands to reason that the club is more of "premiership size and scale". Not that any club has a divine right to compete in the top tier, and sure it's nice to support underdogs, but still...

Totally agree mate. But I personally can't stand Karen Brady and David Sullivan's constant talk in the media about how big the club is, and that it is their god given right to play in the Olympic Stadium despite it being just down the road from another FL team, but of course West Ham are massive so they can do what they want. The only person missing from their board room is Peter Winkleman.

Plus there's enough cockney clubs in the prem already. ;)

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Bayern have scored and probably won, they've shown more flair and the edge. They deserved it tbh and I could see them nicking it late.

A bit sad about Blackpool though.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Stelios7 wrote:
Bayern have scored and probably won

You what? :P

LJ

Sat May 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I hope Chelsea win so they knock Tottenham into Europa League. Ecstatic that West Ham won today although I thought Blackpool  would win due to some poor play but what the hay "we are premier league"

EDIT:
Now it's PENALTY'S in the champion's league final
Last edited by LJ on Sat May 19, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.