UK theme parks from another point of view!

DDF14
TT Member
TT Member

Re: English Football 2011/2012

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:58 am

^ Good man Ritadz

I was very pleased with how we defended last night up until Djourou came on (Him and Song combining for the Dortmund goal). Its a great sign we can mix it with the physical sides now. In the first half Dortmund were amazing at hunting us down and there were some crunching tackles from both sides. I think getting rid of some of those diving types of players (which I hate) i.e. Eboue (The worst diver since Ginola), Bendtner, Denilson and Nasri has helped us to retain the ball and not look so feeble when the opposition hunt in packs like Dortmund.. Arteta and Gervinho work for the team unlike some lazy players.

The combination of Arteta and Song in the middle is reminding me of the Viera / Petit days , both bossing the midfield Arteta is Petit esque because he retains the ball, passes very well, covers for players and sits in when Song bounds forward. Song is Viera esque because he wins the ball back and then strides forward, but this season he now looks to make the pass which he is getting better at... I would like to see Song sit back a few more times and let Arteta get forward a bit more as he is more prolific infront of goal and can create more.. Arteta is one un-selfish player..

I still think we will be lucky to get 5th or maybe 4th in the league (we are still 3 players short) 

Chav$ki look like a bucket with a hole in but I am sure 100 million will sort that out (rediculous).  €ity are just like the invincilbles, they scare teams but if you go after them they are beatable too many Prem teams have just rolled over to them this year this is a sign that they can be beat...But they are still just buying the game (not the footballing way if you ask me, it was wrong when Chelsea did it and its still wrong). Manure I cant stand particular people or aspects of but they will come good and I sure as hell respect them as a club and footballing side...

My Gooner fear at the moment is we get AC milan in the CL and we lose RVP, Song and Theo to injury...

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:46 pm

RIP Gary Speed. He was doing a fantastic job for Wales. His death is so sad, I am completely shocked.

.Will

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:14 pm

So sudden, quite shocking he appeared fine on Football Focus yesterday.

:(

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:37 pm

RIP A great character and a big influence on British football.

You were great for Bolton and one of my idols.

RIP Gary Speed.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

AstroDan

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:47 pm

I was extremely shocked and saddened at this news, when I heard it on the radio earlier.

As a Newcastle fan, he was part of the team which went to successive FA Cup Finals, got us into the Champions League and beyond the group stages, played in a side which was consistently top 5 under Sir Bobby Robson - and then went to play for Bolton and Sheffield United, before managing his country.

He will be greatly missed.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:14 pm

RIP Gary, great player and had such potential as wales manager.

Blaze

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Such a shocking tragedy. Never could have imagined it. Horrfic loss. Goes without saying, my thoughts are with his family at this time.

Such a fantastic game today though. Bit of a shame we couldn't win, fantastic keeping from Joe Hart was all that stood between us and a brilliant win. Our attacking needs work though. Downing just can't shoot, we need to learn to get into the box and the way we stop crossing when we bring Carrol on is bemusing at best. Setpieces are a worry at both ends. Can't defend them, can't take them. We could have done with Bellamy today, he would have torn them apart, but I totally understand and respect his decision not to play. All in all, a solid performance that was unlucky not to get the points it deserved.

Hopefully we can do the Chavs again mid-week, things are looking up for Liverpool again. :)

SpinballEdders

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 pm

watching palace v manure i hope palace will knock them out, do it for south london!

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Am overjoyed that Manure have been beat by palace. Absoloutly love it.

Blaze

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:21 pm

So we've been drawn against City.

Couldn't see that coming. At all.

.Will

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Sunderland sack Steve Bruce as manager

There is a lot going on tonight.

BIan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

I am glad the only goals Palace scored in November came at the last chance.

Man Utd 1 - 2 Crystal Palace

And a great chance to get to Wembley with the semi-final matches against Cardiff

Come on you Eagles!

Ian

Poison Tom 96

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:02 am

the huge barrier of scum which is the red team from *Salford* is crumbling. first city show them how to play football then palace demonstrate the failures how far they have to go to be the best

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:46 am

Am quite shocked at Bruce's sacking, if it wasnt for the fact Bla(kburns owners are idiots id have put a lot of money on Steve Keane getting the axe. In other news former Coventry boss Aidy Boothroyd has been appointed Northampton manager. Sorry D4n, but as high profile for your club he is, I never rated him much as a manager.

Blaze

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Steve Keane couldn't even win the race to be sacked first. :P

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 pm

^ Because Venky's seem to love him as much as Capello loves Heskey! :P

SpinballEdders

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Just seen the 3RD round FA cup draw and we've got Portsmouth at Home, not a bad draw but i would of preferred an Away tie TBH.

formula1fan

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:00 pm

And, once again, it's Manchester City v Manchester United. This'll be an interesting game...

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:38 am

Manchester both rolling put will be a real kick in the teeth for both of them! I reckon United will go further than City in the Europa League as City want to concentrate on the league.

SpinballEdders

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:28 pm

a manchester version of TOWIE will be filmed called the only way is europa and will be shown on channel 5 and ITV4 on thursday nights