UK theme parks from another point of view!

.Will

Re: English Football 2011/2012

Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Blaze wrote:
Will, who was it that took offence to me pointing out the anniversary of two European cup final victories? This is the football thread, not the private conversation with Matt thread.

I didn't take offence at all, I was talking to Matt yes, but you and Adz seem to be able to talk alone quite happily in this thread so why shouldn't another.

This situation has been blown completely out of proportion, let's just drop it and move on before warnings are issued or more idiotic comments are made.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Well we support each other's city rivals, so prolonger banter is to be expected. ;)

Blaze

Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 pm

No one was stopping you talking, Will...

.Will

Sat May 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Ritadz wrote:
Well we support each other's city rivals, so prolonger banter is to be expected. ;)

That's not the point though and generally I haven't got a problem with it (I see no point in rivalry), it's just felt like the impending take over of the thread, for which I admit I overreacted.

Say what you want, it's actually funny when Blaze gets owned. ;)

James
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 26, 2012 9:31 pm

.Will wrote:
Edit, stupid swear filter. ;)

It's there for a reason.

In other words: No swearing! kthx.  ;)

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Well I don't know who watched the game with all the hype surrounding the crap that is Eurovision, but a win for Hodgson in is first game. It was a pretty woeful performance in my opinion though and typical England. No creativity at all, hopeful play and Norway looked on top for long periods, especially in the second half.

Credit to Rob Green, I despise of him but he had a solid game and dealt with everything that came his way. I though Carroll looked quite good also along with Young. Gerrard is way past his best, I've never seen him play so badly as he did tonight. Barry did nothing, Parker just made simple passes as he always does, Downing did very little, Milner did little, Walcott was so underwhelming when he came on. And why on earth did he not bring Defoe on? Players on the stand-by list were brought on ahead of Defoe. Unbelievable.

Hopefully things improve for the Euros as I don't see us getting out of the group playing like that. So uninspiring.

:)

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 12:24 am

Our performance today was as poor as owt, we won yes, but won badly. Downing was being his usual self and why did Woy even consider players not in the euros squad?

Sort it out.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 am

We won, but we didn't deserve it. We went lazy after we scored. We had way less chances, we did not deserve it. Not looking good as expected for Roy... well at least we had a more pleasing victory in 25th over Norway in Eurovision.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Blaze

Sun May 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Remember @RAWKMeltdown?

Now there's @ChelseaMeltdown and @EvertonMeltdown

Here's a sample of the brilliant quotes from the Chelsea one. :P

"If i had to support one other English club, it would definitely be Manchester City."

"There is no way Liverpool vs AC Milan was more dramatic than our final. They were up against an average side. We deserved this, they didn't."

"The atmosphere we generate is like no other. I've never been to a louder stadium than Stamford Bridge and that's the honest truth."

"Chelsea and Man City are similar, we both have money but are classy, respectful and hugely successful."

The Everton one has disappeared for some reason, but if you're on Twitter, you could do worse than follow @RAWKMeltdown and @ChelseaMeltdown for all your bitterness, delusion and conspiracy needs. :P

Moley

Mon May 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Now Barry is out I'm even happier that Michael Carrick told Ingurlund where they could stick their standby squad position.

Blaze

Mon May 28, 2012 4:29 pm

And now there's @MUFCMeltdown and @LFCMeltdown. They keep coming! :P

Not sure why Jagielka is Barry's replacement, hardly like-for-like.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Two failures... dancing heals wounds sometimes.

Big C
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 29, 2012 8:18 am

After all the attention seeking Hazard has done, he announced recently on twitter that he will sign for the champions league winners, Chelsea
He's deemed to be the next/new Messi.
Thoughts? (I couldn't care less to be honest)
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 29, 2012 6:15 pm

He will never heighten Messi's success of 50 goals, but he could come close. He may have a shaky first season but him and Lukaku leading new Chelsea would be epic. It's been in the works for a few years now and it's finally time for Chelsea's older players to pave way. Di Matteo (if he stays) is a young manager who has a good eye for young talent. The future is looking bright for Chelsea.

Blaze

Tue May 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Di Matteo has a worse win percentage than AVB. ;)

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 pm

I think Hazard could be a multi million flop for Chelsea much like schevchenco and Torres were. I don't think will work well in the Premier League. And Chelsea should keep Di Matteo, just to let him have a full season in charge.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 6:46 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18235961

Third times the charm, eh?

A much better appointment than Martinez. Young, promising and optimistic, seems ideal as well with his good track record. I cannot feel half-hearted about Swansea's future though, as I would expect Brendan Rogers to raid Swansea with Dyer, Sinclair and Sigurdson, who will all be worthwile signings, especially the latter.

What do you all think of this?

Who's up for Martinez at Swansea, eh?

Blaze

Wed May 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Not sure if this is good or not. Could be great, could be another Woy, but I'll back him all the same, of course.

Was against him at first, but I've warmed to him the more I've researched him. I struggle to see how he'll get the players and supporters united and believing though.

His role will probably be more like a head coach, with a Director of Football (van Gall?) and possibly a Technical Director (that Spanish guy apparently) also on board.

Well, we'll see how this goes. Worried for Swansea now though.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Blaze wrote:
Not sure if this is good or not. Could be great, could be another Woy, but I'll back him all the same, of course.

Was against him at first, but I've warmed to him the more I've researched him. I struggle to see how he'll get the players and supporters united and believing though.

His role will probably be more like a head coach, with a Director of Football (van Gall?) and possibly a Technical Director (that Spanish guy apparently) also on board.

Well, we'll see how this goes. Worried for Swansea now though.

Ok and what in gods name is wrong with Roy?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 11:42 pm

"Who needs King Kenny, we've got King Brenny"

That sums up Liverpool fans better than I ever could tbh. :P