UK theme parks from another point of view!

Blaze

Re: English Football 2011/2012

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:23 pm

".Will""][quote=""Ritadz" wrote:
Crawley: Their exploits in the FA cup last season made people stand up and take notice, and I'm proably the only person who thinks Steve Evans is a decent manager, but I still think they'll go down.

Luck of the cup. Remember Havant and Waterlooville in the 07/08 season when the played Liverpool.

:wink:[/quote]
Benayoun scored a hatrick! :lol:

Crawley make me sick. Having their kits sponsored by The S*n for that game is **** unforgivable.

.Will

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 pm

If I remember correctly Liverpool went 1 - 0 down and then 2 - 1 down! That's is a little embarrassing.

:wink:

Blaze

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm hoping history swiftly erases all memory of that. :P

.Will

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:42 pm

It was a really good game! I don't think it will be forgotten that quickly.

Moley

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:52 pm

This guy would certainly help Crawley achieve their goals for this season, though maybe I'm slightly biased :mrgreen:

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/macclesfield_town/9513909.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 513909.stm[/url]

---- Post Info Added ----

First day in Manchester and he's already got a clean shee... I'll get my coat.

A5H

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Coventry City have signed Chris Dunn :D

Although according to D4n, that's not anything to get excited about :P Although apparently there were premier league teams after him too :)

Big C
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 pm

I wish De Gea all the the best at Man U (eventhough i am a gunners fan! :? )

Now back to my team. Is it not transfer season? Were players can be bought from other clubs to strengthen teams? Arsenal and Wenger take F******* note!

Sorry rant over, Arsenal need to buy some players, especially defenders that can, ermm, defend?

I doubt it though :x
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:11 pm

"A5H""][quote=""Ritadz" wrote:
Championship:
1st: West Ham
2nd: Birmingham
Play offs: Forest
Rel: Peterbrough, Donny, Coventry

Woah now! :P
We might have a struggle now without Westwood and King, but if we can get a keeper in time and if Kevin Phillips does sign for us, I don't see why we can't have a good season! I have complete faith in Andy Thorn! :D[/quote]

I agree that they will stay up, but Coventry have settled in the Championship for a while now, But I still see them In The Championship for next season.

Championship:
1st: West Ham
2nd: Birmingham
Play offs: Forest
Rel: Barnsley or Donny (They were ok last season, but there is shocks and I think this may be one) Peterbrough, Not sure on this one, I would say Watford.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Moley

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:35 pm

"numb3r1towersfan" wrote:
Is it not transfer season? Were players can be bought from other clubs to strengthen teams?

Technically no, it opens at midnight tonight.

We're still missing a game dominating central midfielder, hopefully get that done in the next few days/weeks. That means we give the team the entire pre-season together ready for probably our hardest start to a Premier League season in a decade.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Northampton have signed Paul Turnbull and Aaron Davies. Two fantastic signings, Turnbull is still young, and captained Stockport last season. Transfer fee rumoured to have been around £250,000. Davies we've signed on a free from Peterborough, and is a class player, who can play on either wing.

Dunn has finally left for Coventry, so we need to replace him, as well as bringing in a left-back. Once we sort those two positions I'll be confident of promotion.

Although according to D4n, that's not anything to get excited about Although apparently there were premier league teams after him too

There were? As far as Northampton fans are concerned you were the only club that seemed interested in him, and we were all wondering why on earth you were. :P Still, good luck to him! Sounds like he'll only be your second choice keeper anyway.

:D

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Crawley to get relegated...not gonna happen...i think they will win the league at a canter...

I really hope my belvoed Wolves have a good season, pleased with our business so far and if we can add Upson, Johnson and in a dream world Robbie Keane i think we can have a great season. Would love to see us have pay as you play deals to Keiron Dyer and Hargreaves too...they both have somethin to prove.

Is anyone else intersted in what the Qataris are doing at Malaga and PSG? Another challenger to Barca / Madrid eventually? They are after Pastore, Sneijder...intresting. AS for PSG they could now easily dominate France for years...

Lets just hope the rumours of buying man utd aint true...we would all be blown out the water

Blaze

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Would love Crawley to go into administration for letting The S*n sponsor them in their FA cup match with United.

It seems our new stadium is back on now, redeveloping Anfield seems to be a dead end.

.Will

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:37 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
Would love Crawley to go into administration for letting The S*n sponsor them in their FA cup match with United.

How is that fair? Come on it a sponsor is a sponsor it gives the club a good source of income when a club like Crawley is desperate for money to stay alive they are not going to be picky about the choice of sponsor are they?

Liverpool were sponsored by a cheap, flavorless, nasty alcoholic drink for how long. Don't see many people saying they deserve to be relegated for it.

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 pm

tbh im not a fan of Liverpool, never have been but i think a move could be the best thing for you. If you look at the top 3 (utd, chelski, arsenal) they all make much more cash as the stadium and surrounding area are used day in day out...just look at what man city are trying to do to with Etihad park.

With your fan base, your revenue would signifcanly increase in a new large, purposly designed modern stadium...

Also liking your transfer business, very impressed. I think KK will secure you a top 3 spot this season.

My predicitions:-
1. Man Utd - assuming they land Nasri and/or Sneijder
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man City
5. Sunderland
6. Arsenal

Bottom 3
Swansea
Norwich
Blackburn

i think Wolves will finish 10th...

and yes...it would be good to see that happen to Crawley but it wont happen will it...they will be in the Championship in a few years time...unless they do a rushden and diamonds

How do people think Leicester and Brighton will fair? tempted to bet on both of them getting promoted this year

edit:- since when we Crawley struggling for cash they are loaded! League 2's version of Man City

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:44 pm

".Will" wrote:
How is that fair? Come on it a sponsor is a sponsor it gives the club a good source of income when a club like Crawley is desperate for money to stay alive they are not going to be picky about the choice of sponsor are they?

Desperate for money to stay alive? PAHAHAHA.

Crawley are easily the richest club in League Two this season, and will almost certainly buy themselves promotion into League One. That said, their current situation is very similar to Rushden & Diamonds' five or six years back... a rich man's plaything... Rushden have now gone bust.

.Will

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Well hang on if someone is about to go into administration then they have a lack of money?

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 pm

i just said exactly that...could they be the 1st conference side to reach the premier league? bet you could have got a fortune on that a few years ago when they were on the verge of going under

Blaze

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:23 pm

".Will""][quote=""Blaze" wrote:

Liverpool were sponsored by a cheap, flavorless, nasty alcoholic drink for how long. Don't see many people saying they deserve to be relegated for it.

:wink:[/quote]
I'll forgive you not knowing this once. Carlsberg did not label travelling Liverpool fans at an FA Cup semi-final as murdering drunks who, after killing 96 fans, pick-pocketted and urinated on them, and compromised the emergency serviced, all under a headline saying "The Truth", and then refusing to appologize and claiming it was ok to do it for 22 years and counting.

What Crawley did in allowing that rag to sponsor them in that game, in that competition, shows a huge lack of morals.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 pm

United not signing anymore players, Aguero to City, this Community Shield is hotting up!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Moley

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 pm

"Stelios7" wrote:
United not signing anymore players

What Fergie says and what Fergie does are usually two very different things. :mrgreen: