UK theme parks from another point of view!

Blaze

Re: English Football 2011/2012

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 pm

OK so, thoughts on the game.

Our preseason tactic of cultivating the fittest deadwood in the league backfired. Our first team players were not fit enough. We dominated first half, then our legs went in the second. We need to sort that out.

All the new boys look good, Henderson was the least impressive but he's young, he'll get there. Flanagan isn't quite ready yet, hopefully Kelly and Johnson will be back soon, and hopefully Lucas, Meireles, Maxi and Gerrard return soon too. Suarez picked up where he left off last season, but shouldn't have taken the pen. Carroll improved as the game went on, but he needs to start making more of an impact, or the media will predictably start getting on his back, but he will come good and his goal should have stayed.

Overall, not great, but it's only the first game and there's plenty to be possitive about.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Kudos to Maccelsfield played well against us today, Tuncay looked sharp, Blake actually played well and the youngsters looked relaxed. This seasons starting better than I thought!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Blaze

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Exeter gave a good acount of themselves last night, against our first team no less. Made sure we didn't make the same mistake as last year.

Suarez scored again, Carroll got a goal, it's all looking up. I wonder if we'll go for the League Cup this season.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:59 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
Made sure we didn't make the same mistake as last year.

Ahhh... last year. =P~

Northampton 0-4 Wolves Reserves was significantly less fun.

Blaze

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Please, don't bring it up. :cry:

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Fergie has stopped his boycott of the Beeb as of this weekend...

In other news, nobody mention Norwich 0 - 4 MK Dons.
ImageImage

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Bloody

.Will

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Stoke were naff today and yet Ryan Shotton managed to steal a sneaky little goal in the 89th minute.

Great result - Awful game.

:P

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 pm

^ Were WBA better, or was it a 0-0 bore, (well of course with the late goal). Was Shane Long up to good form, again?

I'm watching MOTD2 tonight, so don't give away too much please!

Thanks.

Cheers Will!

.Will

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Yes West Brom were the better team then they lost it in about the 70th minute. Stoke couldn't move or pass the ball I suppose they are all still tired since the midweek victory against FC Thun.

Most of the West Brom players were impressive to be honest. The game was a bit of a bore though to be honest.

:)

formula1fan

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:42 pm

I can't believe what happened to Arsenal! 8-2?! Well done to United for doing so well, but Arsene Wenger really needs to sort stuff out at Arsenal, or he could well be out of a job!

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks Will, I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger was sacked sooner, as he is not getting Cahill, and it is getting late now!

.Will

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Don't normally enjoy United but today set the bar. What a fantastic team looking forward to see more of them to be honest.

Impressive doesn't do it justice.

:)

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:49 pm

I 8-2 break it to Arsenal fans, but I can't see them winning the league this year.

Moley

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Sunday I had the pleasure of watching United put the sword to both Arsenal and this "genius crop of youngsters" myth once and for all, while fielding a side with an (all be it slightly) younger average age.

Then we come to today and Hednesford Town vs Stafford Rangers, our biggest rivals in a league game that hasn't happened for over 5 years. We never, ever beat Stafford - in fact I think the last time we did (in the league) was prior to WW2.
3-0 down after 20 minutes. 4-2 down with 5 minutes of normal time to go and the bogey team's hoodoo seems to be continuing. Then comes the single greatest ending to a league game that I can remember with 3 goals scored and the winner a sublime overhead kick that nutmegged the keeper in the 97th minute.

Final score: Hednesford Town 5-4 Stafford Rangers.

...and to think my old man would rather go on a weekend away to the Lake District. :P

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Man United 1 City 6!

:P :P :P

Nothing cheers you up like seeing the dirty scum getting thrashed in their own backyard, by their biggest rivals.

barryzola

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:40 pm

"Ritadz" wrote:
Man United 1 City 6!

:P :P :P

Nothing cheers you up like seeing the dirty scum getting thrashed in their own backyard, by their biggest rivals.

A nation of non-glory hunters rejoices :D

.Will

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Stoke's fantastic record at the Emirates continues.

Something really needs to be sorted out and fast, Stoke's away record (outside of Europe) is in the toilet honestly it's worrying.

:|

Moley

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 pm

I'd be banned for my thoughts on today's game, though it is amusing watching people who hate United for "buying the title" celebrating a victory by Manchester City.

barryzola

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:51 pm

I personally don't hate UTD for "buying the title". It's more the way that their players, manager and widespread network of fans who largely aren't from Manchester have behaved for the last decade or so. Today was pure joy for an absolutely mega amount of neutral football fans. Nothing personal Moley but that's the way it is i'm afraid.

Another point that won't go down well with you though is:

Fans at Old Trafford who have seen their team unbeaten at home for about a year walking out 20 minutes before the end just because they're losing one match (albeit to their local rivals). Sums a lot of them up for me and shows you that a lot of them are not interested unless they are getting the glory. Poor show to be honest, and i'm sure that Sir Alex himself would even be ashamed of them.