UK theme parks from another point of view!

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Re: English Football 2011/2012

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:30 pm

"Ritadz" wrote:
I enjoyed Chelsea getting beat by Arsenal, and I think after seeing them (arsenal) today they can still mount a serious title challange. Also glad we got our 3rd win today with a convincing 4-2 victory over Tranmere.

UTI.

Liverpool will finish 6th but Arsenal could still mount a title challenge?

:poke:

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Arsenal had a crap start, but proved today that they are still a good team. Liverpool should have their games shown on the history channel. Full of over rated players that Dalglish payed way to much for, 35 million for a crap Peter Crouch? 16 milion for Stewart Downing, who is a world class winger who scores and crosses for fun, no wait, he's absoloutly 5hyte. Also consider Arsenal where missing 2 of their best players, and had another of their best players on't bench.

If Liverpool finish in the top 4 I will ride Battle Galleons topless at a TTF meet.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Arsenal have no defence! :P They couldn't keep a clean sheet to save their lives. You can't build a title-winning / challenging team which can only realistically attack. Liverpool's team isn't as good on paper, but it's far more balanced, and I would be surprised if they didn't finish ahead of Arsenal this season.

If Liverpool finish in the top 4 I will ride Battle Galleons topless at a TTF meet.

Said quote is now in my signature, I'll be holding you to it. ;)

.Will

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:29 pm

"D4n" wrote:

Said quote is now in my signature, I'll be holding you to it. ;)

Just to prove D4n's sexuality.

:P

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Sagna is a good RB, Vermarlean is (when in form) a world class CB and Mertasacker isn't bad either. Gibbs will be a good LB and the French CB whose name I haven't a clue how to spell (begins with K) was solid today. And if they get Cahill in January their defence will be even better. Szczeny is going to be a top keeper in a few years, although he isn't world class yet.

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

English Football 2011/2012

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:38 am

One big win and suddenly Arsenal are in the race? They have had a better squad and better starts for the last 5 years and still won sweet FA!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

DDF14
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 am

Even as an Arsenal fan there is no way we are in contention for the title or any major trophies this year. We are very much a quater / semi final team now, and we will slip up against sides that will defend better and use set pieces better. Our target is to qualify for the champions league and a top 4 finish is possible but a real challenge and will be tough.. We can do it though but we have to develop.

It was a great game, a great achievement and a confidence booster.. I think we should at least get a little respect for that especially after our start.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:17 am

Chelsea still looked as dangerous as Arsenal yesterday, it was just Terry's blunder that lead to the goal that took the morale out of the team, don't go down to the bookies JUST yet.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Blaze

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Peter Crouch didn't score until November when he played for us, and didn't have any injury problems in that time. Carroll will bed in, he's starting to improve, and as Kenny said, the fascination with the price we payed is unhealthy, especially given the circumstances.

And you can't say he's so bad at spending money, he's had one and a half transfer windows, and bought mostly young players. Downing has been decent, Adams is looking like a great signing and Henderson is too young to judge now.

Like D4n said, saying we won't get top 4 but Arsenal can somehow challenge for a title is more than a bit silly. They can't challenge, but we were fourth until Spurs won today. He's also spot on to say that although we aren't spectacular on paper, for years now we've managed to pull things out of the bag with crap players, because they balance and gell and work together, and that has been especially evident under Dalglish. Arsenal have no deffence.

We're obviously not in the title race, too many silly results, but we can easly get fourth. We've got a 7-0 coming, with the way we've been playing recently it's inevitable. Once we start taking our chances better, we'll start bagging them for fun, and we've the best keeper in the league and a mostly solid deffence, so as long we avoid slipping up against small teams like we have done, and get results against the other top 6 teams, we'll easily be in the race for fourth right through to the end.

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm not saying the players he's signed are players are bad, but £55M on 2 unproven players is unhealthy. And Arsenal have IMO the best striker in the EPL, England's most promising midfielder who at 19 is already playing as if he's 27, and also have some good players that often get overlooked such as Sagna, Walcott and Ramsey for example.

Adam is a great signing, and proved last season he's a great player, Downing is yet to score or assist for you yet, and I'd have brought Albrighton, Mcgeady* or Duff over him. Kenny's aim of buying British is worth respect, but not the way to win trophies nowadays.

Also, anyone who thinks Man City are going to walk the league, look at Chelsea this time last season.

* Irish international currently at either Spartak or CSKA Moscow.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:33 am

I feel like doing a wacky bet if Bolton stay up.

Blaze

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:44 pm

There's more to football than goals and assists. ;)

His creative play has been valuable this season, he's been a bit hit-and-miss on occasion, and he probaby does need to start getting assists and goals, but he's still the best winger we've had in a long, long time. :lol:

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Downing is about as creative as a pole. I play in the same posistion as him, so don't think I don't know what I'm on about. ;)

And I retract my comment that Liverpool will finish 6th, Newcastle will.

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Downing has only look good in average teams, i.e. borough & villa

He has never looked good for england or pool

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:18 pm

I totally agree. He'll be on his bike in the next 2-3 years.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Well done Stoke for the victory today, our defense was just poor, as always you threat down the flanks with long ball football. Crouch got on the end of that header well, congratulations on your record win against us.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 am

"JB1985" wrote:
Downing has only look good in average teams, i.e. borough & villa

He has never looked good for england or pool

Liverpool world class that's just made me laugh.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:33 am

So then, anyone think City still have a chance after there loss to Napoli?

SpinballEdders

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Chelsea are now in the Same boat as city are for champions league group progressing i feel frustrated  :evil:

Ritadz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Am loving to see Chav$ki, €ity and Manure struggling in Europe. Arsenal on the other hand I quite like, and want them to do well. I don't think €ity will qualify, and I would lmfao if they didn't.

And why the frustration, money teams like them shouldn't even be in the CL.