UK theme parks from another point of view!

Will gta comeback

Poll runs till Thu Apr 16, 2054 11:18 pm

1 (50%)
1 (50%)
unsure
No votes

Total votes: 2

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: gta v

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Alot of people have speculated that it will be released on 24th May 2012.
If you look closely enough the numbers 2405 appear twice in that trailer, once on a curb and once on a van.
The video in the trailer was also released on 24th May 1968
However, this could also mean anything.

This article in french http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2011/0005 ... mmense.htm
claims that Rockstar have said that the game's map will be more than two and a half times the size of Red Dead Redemption's map, if true, which is probably very likely, then it will make the map much bigger than that of GTA San Andreas.

.Will

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:16 pm

That is huge! I mean Red Dead Redemption was pretty epic.

:shock:

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Looks promising, i hope the pc version isnt full of bugs this time around.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Yea the map will be huge, Rockstar North have actually confirmed that this next GTA will be "the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created,"

Apparently aswell, Rockstar Leeds will be doing the port this time for the PC. For it to be released on time with the console versions. GTA IV was sent over to Rockstar Toronto for the port last time. Apparently this is so they can optimise the PC version much quicker and better than the previous one by doing it in a relatively close studio.

coastermaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2012 3:54 pm

BUMP sorry well e3 is on monday do you think rockstar will tell any thing give or screen shot or even gameplay

.Will

Tue May 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Rockstar aren't at E3 this year.

coastermaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2012 4:49 pm

can you delete this comment
Last edited by coastermaster on Tue May 29, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coastermaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2012 4:51 pm

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 29, 2012 4:56 pm

I love GTA and I can't wait for 5 to come out because it looks to be the best yet. It combines the graphics and stories of GTA 4 with the scale and setting of San Andreas! Fingers crossed for more easter eggs! :D

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am

I have the slightest feeling that we will get no mention of this at E3, I think Rockstar will wait to see how the Wii U pans out.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 am

Just to confirm, Rockstar have never showcased any GTA at E3 in the past. So it comes as no shock that they did not show anything this time.

They have however announced recently, to their shareholders that one of the 4 titles currently in development at Rockstar will be out by Feb 2013. Seeing as GTA is the only game officially announced, its safe to assume it will be GTA.

If you want a source, look on google.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 am

Excellent - The GTA series is one of very few games these days which I class as a 'must purchase' on launch day.

.Will

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:58 am

Doopy Dan wrote:
Just to confirm, Rockstar have never showcased any GTA at E3 in the past. So it comes as no shock that they did not show anything this time.

They have however announced recently, to their shareholders that one of the 4 titles currently in development at Rockstar will be out by Feb 2013. Seeing as GTA is the only game officially announced, its safe to assume it will be GTA.

If you want a source, look on google.

It could still be one of many games, they announced Agent at E3 a few years ago I wonder if it could be something to do with this.

They hype around GTA V is massive enough as it is already hence the reason they never need to show it off at conventions such as E3.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 am

Your very right there Will. But, my money is still on it being GTA, seeing as the official trailer has gone live world wide. Including the GTA page on Rockstars site. Things must be getting close

.Will

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:16 am

Doopy Dan wrote:
Your very right there Will. But, my money is still on it being GTA, seeing as the official trailer has gone live world wide. Including the GTA page on Rockstars site. Things must be getting close

It all depends on the release date though, say if they decided to release it in May next year (other noticeable R* releases have been around that time) then they could release an extended trailer (which they usually do after the initial) any time in between probably around October to take attention away from releases around then.

If they release it in October something could be coming up soon, it'll be a 1 or 2 minute extended trailer introducing the characters and giving a small insight to the story but it's certainly one to watch.

I've subscribed to R*'s YouTube channel anyways.

Adz wrote:
Excellent - The GTA series is one of very few games these days which I class as a 'must purchase' on launch day.

I've never bought a game on it's release date mainly because I can't afford but I agree with this statement, it's an exciting franchise.

Here's hoping they can build on the success of GTA IV and other previous releases but really you'd think that success is almost assured because of it's popularity.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Take-Two announced in May that they are readjusting their previous earnings estimate of $2/share for fiscal 2013 to $2.25. Fiscal 2013 ends March 2013.

Bearing in mind that they had a net loss of $0.71/share for fiscal 2012 (and profit of $1.02/share for fiscal 2011), I think it's quite clear that GTAV is out during fiscal 2013 according to their estimates. So that means the game can come out anytime between now and March 2013 - potentially even in 2012 if you look at those optimistic estimates. Last they had $2/share was the year GTAIV came out.

I do not believe they would up their estimates so confidently with a brand new game like Agent, where they don't really know how well it will sell. The GTA brand on the other hand is a tried and trusted BIG seller. They know it's going to be massive, they know it's going to sell millions. So therefore they can safely up their estimates. There is no way they could up them so confidently with a brand new game.

I think, GTA V will come out, then work will move into full swing into finishing Agent. Seeing as it's the same studio up in Glasgow working on both games, I am sure resources must be limited. I also think they would want to get another game in a series finished, before launching a new game / series.

Time will tell I suppose  :)

.Will

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I'd rather have Agent first, it's been in 'development' for ages, I'd like Agent to be this years October release (though it won't happen) and GTA to come next year.

As you say GTA will sell that is assured but Agent is fresh and it's new, I can get more excited about games like Agent, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption but spend more time on GTA.

GTA always will be assured even after the drastic changes (for the better in my opinion) in GTA IV.