UK theme parks from another point of view!

Adam James
TT Member
TT Member

Facebook status's that really drive you nuts

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:47 am

Sorry Diego, I'll try writing less statuses about you from now on ;)

For me it's definitely cryptic Facebook messages, where you need to understand Braille or some distant cultured language in order to understand them.

DiogoJ42

Re: Facebook status's that really drive you nuts

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:29 am

Who is Diego?

Not quite a status, but all these newspaper apps are pissing me off. "so-and-so just read a really interesting sounding article about something really interesting". So you click it, but instead of just taking you to the paper's website, it wants to install an app that harvests your soul and steal all your personal data! :evil: No, I am not going to give tabloid scum free access to rape my facebook at will, I just want to read the bloody article!

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:44 am

DiogoJ42 wrote:
Who is Diego?

Not quite a status, but all these newspaper apps are pissing me off. "so-and-so just read a really interesting sounding article about something really interesting". So you click it, but instead of just taking you to the paper's website, it wants to install an app that harvests your soul and steal all your personal data! :evil: No, I am not going to give tabloid scum free access to rape my facebook at will, I just want to read the bloody article!

Not to mention that when you Google the article title and read it on the newspapers website to save installing the app, the story id always about 4 years old. Wants wrong with reading current news?! :O

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Bump: Thought it was worth it!

:lol:

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Just seen my friend carrying out a load of meme's with his own twist and severely failing, leaving me severely annoyed.

Y U NO GET MEME?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

DiogoJ42

Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Someone I went to school with is getting close to being "defriended". She had a kid a few months ago, and sinse then, not a day goes by without her uploading at least twenty identical photos of her ugly little brat. The ONLY thing she now posts on Facebook is
"look at my baby! Isn't my baby the best baby on earth? OMG My baby could be a model or something, he's so cute here's another pic of my baby did you see what my baby did this morning LOL my baby is da best OMG I love my baby why don't you love my baby LOOK AT HIM LOOK AT MY BABY!!!!"
Last edited by DiogoJ42 on Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpinballEdders

Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 pm

People complaining about people making Status's about an event.

Meat Pie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 16, 2012 12:07 am

AKA the vocal minority.

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 16, 2012 1:45 pm

I had a "friend" a while back that was moaning because he had to get up early to cash his pay cheque :lol:

Anybody that is STILL Moaning about timeline.

The Same guy as the first example put out a status once saying "Does anybody know if there's ticket inspectors on the Metro today?" about an hour later a status came through of "Eugh, why the hell have I got another bloody Metro Fine, FML :( :("

I could go on but will not for the sake of everyones sanity ;)

DiogoJ42

Fri May 18, 2012 6:13 pm

I've seen this cropping up in comments a lot latey:
Who wants 2000+ friend requests ?
Subscribe to :censored: and you'll get shared♥

It is usually follwed by a equally dodgy reply along the lines of:
Wow! Thanks bro! I did and got 145 requests instantly!

They may as well say:
Who wants their wall spammed and their data harvested and sold?
Click this link if you are thick enough!

:roll:

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:26 pm

'Facejack'

Not so much a status, but rather the term itself and the types that use it. For those that have never heard of it, facejack is essentially a PC term for frape, as there are some that believe that term is mysoginistic. It's kinda hard to argue against that point without looking like an asshole. But I hate facejack more, not just because its a mouthful, or that they just ripped off the name of a TV show, but because of the downright smugness of the people that use it. Here's a typical 'facejack' conversation:

Person 1: OMFG I LUV ***** IN MY *****!
Person 2: lol
Person 1: Damn, I was facejacked :(
Person 2: I think your status was funny, but I like that you used facejack even more :)
Person 3: Me too, it's SO much better than that other word.
Person 1: Isn't it just? Boy aren't we better than everyone else for not using such a sexist word :)
Person 2: We sure are :)
Person 3: :)
Person 4: You mean frape?
Everyone else: OMFG GO DIE IN A **** FIRE YOU PIECE OF WOMAN HATING ****! RAAAAAGE!

I've seen that kind of conversation happen too many times. I've got quite a lot of far-left people on Facebook :(

Meat Pie
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 2:59 pm

How on earth is the word "rape" in anyway sexist? Men are also raped so to assume that it's anti-women makes no sense.  :|

Its that sort of misandrist assumption which really gets me angry and leaves many sexually abused men too embarrased to report their attackers.

If people want to take exception to the use of "frape" as turning a serious and affecting issue into something lighthearted and jokey then I can sort of understand that but there shouldn't be any offence taken for non-existent "sexism" reasons.
Last edited by Meat Pie on Sun May 27, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA the vocal minority.

Kaycee

Wed May 30, 2012 12:22 am

Baby bores get my goat. I genuinely think Facebook has made me terrified of becoming a mother. One girl from my year at school has popped out four kids. She likes to moan about her benefits, and post which ones of her brood went to bed at a certain time every single night, and whether the baby slept through or not.

Fair enough, I'm guilty of posting boring information A LOT, but I think SOME effort to make it entertaining and/or relevant to others might not go amiss. "Matthew has slept through till 6:30am both the last two nights."  ....................

I love angsty, dramatic ones. LOVE them! I'll get the popcorn out like 'oooohoohoo! :D'

People who relationship-hop and declare love for different people in incredibly short spaces of time are a bit annoying.

Anyway, for all the moaning we're doing about FB statuses, I'm sure not one regular FB user is guiltless of making a boring and/or annoying status every now and again... I know some of my friends can't stand the sheer waffly length of some of mine. :D
Last edited by Kaycee on Wed May 30, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Facebook statuses that really drive you nuts

Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 am

I'm just sick of every conversation on there revolving around either a) how people became smashed the weekend prior or b) how they're going to get smashed on the following one. What's worse is when people try to make some crappy excuse up as to why they act like that by saying their life is bad just because they wrote a bad essay once or they haven't been in at least two relationships within the past week, etc... Cry me a river. :|