UK theme parks from another point of view!

Tryst
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The LGBT Topic

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 am

Oaf: I'm from a small town in Wales and there were very few people who were openly gay there. Wales is generally quite conservative when it comes to stuff like that. Moving away from it did me a lot of good and I am now totally comfortable about my sexuality.

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:53 am

I also live in a quiet and conservative village but I have had no issues with sexuality. We are by far the youngest in town with the average age being over 50 and Hugh Grant living a few doors down. The locals have been totally accepting of us. Perhaps im lucky but I think it comes down to being more of a personal struggle which gets easier as you get older.

When I first came out at the age of 19 I was wearing skin tight jeans and a white vest everywhere but since then I realised that I only need to be myself and make no advertisements. Moving away from the gay scene helped me a lot to 'find myself' because I didnt want to feel part of a group or a click, I just wanted to be me.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

I'm rather lucky in that I grew up living in Brighton and now live just outside it. The result of that is that 'being gay' isn't given a second thought by most people.

That being said, when in school and it dawns on you that you *are* gay and you should really do the whole 'coming out' is pretty scary. Thankfully I had very good friends and understanding family for the most part.

I don't let my sexuality define who I am, yet at the same time I'm glad of it as it's given me something about myself which I'm sure of. :)

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:16 am

Oh god..... This is where the gays get all soppy soppy  :P
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Tryst wrote:
Oaf: I'm from a small town in Wales and there were very few people who were openly gay there. Wales is generally quite conservative when it comes to stuff like that. Moving away from it did me a lot of good and I am now totally comfortable about my sexuality.

The only gay in the village?

:D
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:13 am

Only gay..., come on there are more gays out there than you realise but I can understand how difficult it can be.
If you go down to the woods today

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 am

my boyfriend last night told me he doesnt trust himself with a gay freind as he cant promise that if he was horney and drunk he would not do stuff..really confused now! =[
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 am

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
my boyfriend last night told me he doesnt trust himself with a gay freind as he cant promise that if he was horney and drunk he would not do stuff..really confused now! =[

was HE drunk when he said it? What was the context? Seems an odd thing to just come out with! :(

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:08 am

no he was discussing with me about a lad he used to talk to too has just joined his am dram group, he has strayed twice before, once kissing a lad on our anniversary and secondly getting involved with a lad who he crotch groped and kissed. He was saying that he cant lie and was just discussing the lads he speaks to on a friend basis, i know i should have left him before, but i really thought we could work through this.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 pm

bensaund wrote:
Only gay..., come on there are more gays out there than you realise but I can understand how difficult it can be.

Little Britain my friend. It was all there, welsh villiage etc. I just had to! :D
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 am

Ripsaw Raver wrote:

Its not good that he doesn't trust himself and it must be very disappointing/hurtful for you. This may be acceptable in some relationships but not all. If anything he is being honest, sometimes honesty is not the best policy as speaking like that could make him single...

If you go down to the woods today

Adrian
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Nice to see the TTF gay tradition is alive and well! :-) there was much gay banter when TTF first started, mainly thanks to Shockadelica (Brian)

Hope you all watched the program about Gareth Thomas coming out on Channel 5 last night? It was on after CBB. If not look out for the repeat or watch on Demand 5. Very good for young people to watch if you are not sure about your sexuality or if you feel you are ready to come out, and good for older people to watch because it's many of our own life story's.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/my-secret-past/episodes/gareth-thomas-coming-out