UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Dinosaurs...

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 am

Are awesome...

Discuss!

SpinballEdders

Re: Dinosaurs...

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 am

Hmm this seems like a Ma's Topic, but whatever :P

My favourite Dino is this guy:

Yoshi happens to be one of my Favourite Video Game characters. :) Despite being a Sonic fan :P

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:54 am

Yeah, probably...

All of those are photographs of real dinosaurs, btw. I took them on safari.

Rowe

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:12 am

Wow, who knew dinosaurs could be domesticated and wear clothes and even play the cello?

:P

Anyhow, I'm genuinely very interested in dinosaurs and how mighty they were before a certain asteroid crashed into the side of the Earth, having grown up with Jurassic Park, Disney's Dinosaur/Fantasia's segment and Walking With Dinosaurs alongside visiting a certain Natural History Museum in London. It doesn't help that my interest spreads further into many other films and whatnot but I'd take forever describing and explaining!

Dinosaurs were incredible, to say the least, and new species are always being discovered. However it's a shame just how pop culture has narrowed down the main culprits as being the 'biggest' or the 'best' when far more impressive species have appeared, i.e. Tyranosaurus Rex, but heh.

I don't exactly have a favourite but I have a particular fondness for the Stegosaurus purely because of how it deals with these two Allosaurus in this clip. Yes, back off yo' fools! Yo' saw the red!
Last edited by Rowe on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 am

That's no 'cello! GGRRRRRRRR

Sorry, my 'cello thoughts blinded me from this thread! Anyway, unless you like palaeobiology and/or dinosaurs, don't study dinosaurs at uni! Vastly overrated (unless you are interested in palaeobiology and/or dinosaurs).

But yeah! The T-Rex in the Natural History museum is immense (not as good as the earthquake room there though!).

Also, have a fact! The "Velociraptors" in Jurassic Park are not actually true Velociraptors, but closer to Utahraptors. True Velociraptors only grew up to somewhere between a human's knee and waist, so the film makers enlarged them to make them more imposing/scary/dramatic. Utahraptors weren't used because they were only discovered at the same time as filming, so it is unlikely that the film makers even knew about them. Plus, Velociraptor is a much cooler name! :D
Last edited by captain on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

BSwiss
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:45 am

On ripsaw a few seasons ago we were treated to that rubbish 'easy! easy! easy!' chant by a group of scallies in the front row. So my friend took matters into his own hands and starting singing the tune to the triumphant part of the Jurassic Park theme tune, naturally me and my other friends joined in and drowned out the chants of the now bewildered scallies.

I victory for Dinosaurs everywhere.

Rowe

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:01 am

captain wrote:
Also, have a fact! The "Velociraptors" in Jurassic Park are not actually true Velociraptors, but closer to Utahraptors. True Velociraptors only grew up to somewhere between a human's knee and waist, so the film makers enlarged them to make them more imposing/scary/dramatic. Utahraptors weren't used because they were only discovered at the same time as filming, so it is unlikely that the film makers even knew about them. Plus, Velociraptor is a much cooler name! :D

Cool story bro(ntosaurus)!

Also

Last edited by Rowe on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:11 am

Oh Rowe you've opened up a Pandora's box of Philosoraptors!

I couldn't resist...

fredward

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:55 am

I remember the tv show shown in the first picture of this thread.... I can't for the life of me figure out what it was called...

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:02 am

fredward wrote:
I remember the tv show shown in the first picture of this thread.... I can't for the life of me figure out what it was called...

It was called Dinosaurs.

Poison Tom 96

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:29 am

we need dinos near the Flume again

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:02 pm

There is a T-Rex skeleton in the geology department at Leicester University. It's only a teenager, but still pretty cool.

Three dinosaurs and a Tyrannosaur

The name of this almost-mighty beast?

JANE

Honestly!

Blaze

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 pm

captain wrote:
Oh Rowe you've opened up a Pandora's box of Philosoraptors!

I couldn't resist...

Oh you :P